Vogue Germany December 2022 : Aminata Touré by Delali Ayivi

I quite like it, the color scheme is pretty nice and she looks great. Hopefully there will be at least one good editorial, even if it's a difficult task for most Vogues these days...

How did Vogue turn from fashion bible into a place where fashion goes to die? And they charge €8 for that? The audacity.

There's several circles of fashion hell, but this right here is the worst to me. This isn't even fashion in my opinion, not in the sense we talk about here. This is fashion for moms, that magazine you'd flick through at the hair salon to kill time. I won't even mention artistry and creativity, but this isn't even elevated to a standard that should be a high fashion publication such as Vogue. It's vile and I'm appalled that this is the kind of content someone considers good enough for a Vogue cover. I wouldn't even publish this as an inside feature.

She's a pretty woman, though. That's all the positivity I can muster for this.

Background say summer, styling says early autumn, and this is for December?

The previous cover was a glorious echo to the 90s, and this one is a reminder of this era of fashion when there's zero clue about how to bring glamour to modern times. She is pretty though, but the picture itself looks more like an interview opening than a cover. It's time to take notes because I don't want to wait the next generation of editors to fix this clueless decade. Of course I won't blame the people behind this cover because isn't a bad photo either. The theme is this is Vogue and to represent its own spirit needs a more elevated work from the editors. Heard thosands of stories of scrapped covers in the late 90s due small details, and you can see it well watching The September Issue. Now seems anything, for good or bad, pass the final test to see the light.

Abysmal and very pedestrian, can only echo everyone's sentiments regarding just how pathetic this is and how it's just another European edition of Vogue thrown to the dogs. It's becoming more and more apparent that Condé Nast simply do not care for these smaller titles.

I saw this on Instagram and thought it was a supplement or digital cover, because Vogue Germany has only just released the November cover with Elizabeth Debicki two weeks prior. The Debicki cover deserved more time to shine.

ugh, that cheap looking background.

Meh... if you're gonna feature Germany's first black minister, do a better job.

is that a mannequin?

The copy is ironic though, as it severely lacks vision.

These politician covers are now becoming such a bore. I understand the pull or idea behind it, but this is still a fashion magazine. At least find some sort of balance instead of giving us a shot that looks more suited to the Contributors page of a magazine.

But I suppose it's this very basic and blandness that will appeal to the Germans.

These politician covers are now becoming such a bore. I understand the pull or idea behind it, but this is still a fashion magazine. At least find some sort of balance instead of giving us a shot that looks more suited to the Contributors page of a magazine.

But I suppose it's this very basic and blandness that will appeal to the Germans.

A bit unnecessary as a comment but sure.

I too find it this offering bland, I don't see a big difference between this cover and the cover of the free magazines they produce for the train or the big drug stores in Germany.

I really thought it would be a good thing that Christiane Arp left but it has been worse since. Too many celebrity covers that seem more than random, from Anke Engelke to Steffi Graf. I really hope they can hire someone with a vision for this magazine who can at least create good covers and main editorials in times of a global Vogue.

Now that decisions are flowing from a centralised source, there's only the most basic of efforts to create a separate cover identity for each edition.

We've gone from editor-driven publications that aimed to carve out a niche in their specific markets, to a lazy and superficial pattern of generalisation - this is the Spanish edition, so let's make things colourful, this is the German edition, so let's make things business-like.

No wonder a magazine like French Elle starts to rise up in people's estimation, because at least it has remained true to itself.

I get this is a politician cover but that cover looks like it belongs in one of those corporate HR brochures they have at some companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->