Vogue Italia March 2018 : Remington Williams by Steven Meisel

There s something strange in her neck and the face in the cover shot. It doesn't look natural.

Had a feeling Remington would continue to grab Steven's eye and voila. Classic VI cover launching Steven's new girl. Williams looks lovely.

This is the most relaxed I have ever seen Remington's face but I still want to ask her not to be so tensed.
When she first came up last season I was kind of interested in her but she always makes me feel so uncomfortable everytime I look at her and I have waited for it to go away with her gaining experience in front of the camera and on the runway and feeling more comfortable there herself. And who knows, maybe she does feel comfortable? Maybe this is just the way her face looks? But then I have to say I don't like her as a model.

I don't worship Steven Meisel but I was happy to see he did a cover for Vogue Italia again. But this... I feel like it's wasted.

No problem with her, but this cover doesn't work, at all. So bland!

It's okay, but slightly lifeless. Looks like a plan B they went for.

Classic VI-looking and I don't mind it. The cover story is lovely.

Everything's so safe here. The editorial is nice, but forgettable. The cover is verging on ugly. MEH

Three ugly girls portrayed as classical beauties wearing couture. The result doesn’t work for me. It’s nice but boring.

The funniest is when Julia Nobis gets the 'classic beauty' treatment. I mean, :lol:. This doesn't work for me either and I'm sorry to say, but the editorial is one of the most unimaginative I've seen a while. Demarchelier on replay for Vogue Russia did better, and that's saying much! Maybe Meisel was fatigued by then because he had a great run this season.

Good for her! I didn't know anything about this girl and I just read her story.

Seriously, the photo of her with that lime green Valentino thing around her neck would have been so perfect!
Hate the cover but love the ed. Couture shown in a simple and beautiful way. The Alaia pieces are so good!

I feel like Meisel would be used only to introduce "new models" in the magazine as the majority of photographer only cares about the big girls. The real pitiful thing is that there's no publication that will use his talent to challenge himself or the readers.

I would love to see what him and Benjamin Bruno can do in a publication but it's not going to happen soon. All we're going to get is studio shots and that's it.

I think it's so desperate of Emanuele to put Steven's name in such big text on the cover, every time he shoots for them! Like, stop trying so hard, this cover story is insipid, and nothing special! :rolleyes:

This is sooooooo boring. Nothing wrong with the girl, nothing good either. It's just bla. Waiting for Luna to gets a chance with Steven Klein (that's the good thing about more photographers, models who aren't a meisel favourite get their chance to).

I'll pass. Not even Meisel can save her.

The last 3 main stories/covers by Meisel have been boring. A model posing in a white background. Can he do anything else today? Is he even trying? I honestly don't think so.

The days where he would contribute to this magazine w/ amazing work and creativity are long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Remington! From working at Chipotle to the cover of VI!!

In just 6 months of time! Crazy. I did not expect to see her on the cover of Vogue Italia (!) so soon. I'm happy for her. Not fully convinced on the cover though. The white background falls very flat. The last pic with the green dress (or whatever it is) would have been a better choice. Julia Nobis and Remington Williams work well together I must say.

It's safe, but I''ll very much take this over some sort of stunt shoot with a lesser photographer than Meisel, or some 10 multi cover mess you come out of not even remembering.

The 1 thing I'd change about this that I'd love, is if Meisel casted all the Remington-esque girls, like Selena Forrest, Remington, Rose Daniels, Adesuwa-- girls with piercings rough around the edges in their personal style etc. and then take them to an old school glamour Avedon place like this. Julia Nobis makes no sense, also she's still not retiring!?

...... or some 10 multi cover mess you come out of not even remembering.

Valid point! It's actually rare for him to do multi-covers. That's redeeming, at least. This confidence to run with one cover.

And ditto re Julia Nobis!

The King and The Queen. A match in heaven, always. I'm not gonna lie, I'd preferred to see Julia on the cover. But I guess that is nice to give the chance to someone new.

And love to see again the Meisel-Mckenna duo working again.

No, Julia isn't retired. Why is so complicated to almost everyone to understand that she only left the runway?

I love you Meiselites... your dedication is just unprecedented... you are always there to prove that whatever he does is great even if it is not;-)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->