Vogue Italia vs French Vogue

its strange 2 compare just because every country has vogue that she`s worth

Alien Sex Friend said:
its strange 2 compare just because every country has vogue that she`s worth

Its just that out of all the vogues, the Italia and French edition seem to be the best :flower:

I think Carine Roitfeld is the best vogue editor, Steven Meisel is the best fashion photographer.

Why only those two are very very famous ? why not the other country vogue's are not that famous ? Why others mags like l'officiel or Elle are not that famous ?

^
They simply have the best editorials.

Italy and France are both very fashion-forward countries.

History I think, Vogue is around since 1892, and Elle is from the 1940's.

I prefer reading French Vogue...probably because I can read French better than I can read Italian but I prefer the subject matter in French Vogue anyways...they seem to pick better topics.
However, both have incredible editorials and it's a tough call between the two as it really depends on the issue. In general, I like the art direction in Vogue Italia and it's always a great visual-feast.

I love both of them. They are the best indeed...
I buy both every month hehe

oh no..i'm jealous:ninja:

well back to the topic,i perfer vogue paris,carine & fabien are both really a great job^_^

For sheer quantity of content, you can't beat Italian Vogue, with its massive seasonal issues with endless ads, not to mention the frequent supplements (catwalk & Casa Vogue, to name a few). However, quantity is no guarantee of quality, and there is also the worry that the subscription itself might be irregular - I've heard from subscribers who haven't received an issue for months, and then get two at once in the mail. This has been why I have never subscribed myself - I'd prefer to buy it in the shop when it regularly arrives around the 20th of each month.

I prefer French Vogue,because of the layout,the fonts they use(they're really creative with fonts),and i like the editorials better than Italian Vogue.
but it's only my opinion!
*edit* and i find it boring that Meisel shots every month the Italian Vogue's cover,I mean Meisel's work are really professional,and great,so it's not Meisel..:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I consider both to be excellent magazines, my overall preference leans towards Paris Vogue. Very high-end and always consistent. Vogue Italia is more avant garde, but sometimes their issues really are lackluster and predictable.

italia all the way. i hate repetition. i hate when people always use the same thing. and i really hate when people oversexualize eds to get more attention. vogue paris does all of the things i hate, but the magazine would be so much better with carine and emanuelle OUT.

I, for a change, being French, don't like French Vogue at all, I was a suscriber this year and I'm not happy at all with the content inside every issue: models' editorials are not as good as US Vogue or artsy Italian edits, covers are provocative but not HIGH FASHION, I'm bored with Carine and Terry's oversexual-chic themes, the magazine is very focused on Paris and NOT what other cities in France have to offer. On the other hand Italian Vogue has a focus on various cities and italian designers from all over Italy, their editorials and covers are to die for and I LOVE Meisel and his fabulous pics and I speak Italian among the other languages I've learned so I'll go for Italian Vogue immediately if I were you. I'm not a suscriber but I buy it from time to time in France when I find it, but if I don't there's always my suscription to US Vogue and I try to buy Harper's, Numéro, Citizen K here. (wish I could find Chinese and Japanese and Latinoamérican Vogue though with sometimes some issues of V, Vman)

italia all the way. i hate repetition. i hate when people always use the same thing. and i really hate when people oversexualize eds to get more attention. vogue paris does all of the things i hate, but the magazine would be so much better with carine and emanuelle OUT.

thank youuuuuuuuuuu lol :D:heart:

It's Vogue Italia for me because it continues to surprise me - may that be good or bad.

the magazine is very focused on Paris and NOT what other cities in France have to offer.

Well, it is Vogue Paris... :P

Oh wait, why is it called Vogue Paris instead of Vogue France again? That's something I really do not understand up to this day. :blink:

The problem is huge

Which do you prefer editor? Photographer? Stylist?

Depends on the character of a person

Italia Vogue supplement I like, very rich

Vogue Paris is more full of passion

I, for a change, being French, don't like French Vogue at all, I was a suscriber this year and I'm not happy at all with the content inside every issue: models' editorials are not as good as US Vogue or artsy Italian edits, covers are provocative but not HIGH FASHION, I'm bored with Carine and Terry's oversexual-chic themes, the magazine is very focused on Paris and NOT what other cities in France have to offer. On the other hand Italian Vogue has a focus on various cities and italian designers from all over Italy, their editorials and covers are to die for and I LOVE Meisel and his fabulous pics and I speak Italian among the other languages I've learned so I'll go for Italian Vogue immediately if I were you. I'm not a suscriber but I buy it from time to time in France when I find it, but if I don't there's always my suscription to US Vogue and I try to buy Harper's, Numéro, Citizen K here. (wish I could find Chinese and Japanese and Latinoamérican Vogue though with sometimes some issues of V, Vman)

Thanks for this comment!

So far, I've only bought Vogue Paris. Simply because my french is better than my italian. But, now I'm reading this thread, I'm definetely going to take a look at the Italian Vogue.

Thanks for this comment!

So far, I've only bought Vogue Paris. Simply because my french is better than my italian. But, now I'm reading this thread, I'm definetely going to take a look at the Italian Vogue.

ya I mean for me, the Italian edition is very rich in terms of history, caliber photographers, editorial's themes and the content inside the magazine (I mean we don't buy a magazine just for a cover or a single issue or model right... lol I see a lot of people going red now loool no I mean I did/do that still but not for every magazine I read) my point is that Italian Vogue talks about politics, books, culture all over Italy and NOT just in one place just what French Vogue does in every single issue. Being French I also may not be abble to appreciate completely this edition but from a language point of view and an editorial power and covers Italian Vogue kills it everytime: you can't compare Meisel and Richardson or Franca and Carine I agree because each of them have different styles but still the oversexual not chic or refined images that Carine & co present in French Vogue can't fight against the sultry beautiful and artsy concepts from Meisel and the entire team of Italian Vogue.

It's Vogue Italia for me because it continues to surprise me - may that be good or bad.

Well, it is Vogue Paris... :P

Oh wait, why is it called Vogue Paris instead of Vogue France again? That's something I really do not understand up to this day. :blink:

Because as you just asked French Vogue only puts its focus on Paris' events, models, people but there are entertaining events, glamorous people, interesting designers and models outside of Paris but you know what, this is something that Frace is dealing with for a loooong time: this supremacy of Paris, this control, and any french person who is not from Paris can tell you that, "when you're not from Paris" people, even from Paris centre, believe you're not french or that what is outside of Paris doesn't count or exists".

The problem is huge

Which do you prefer editor? Photographer? Stylist? Depends on the character of a person; Italia Vogue supplement I like, very rich Vogue Paris is more full of passion

Ya I agree but in the end if you're looking for class and HIGH FASHION you should look at Italian Vogue first AND THEN go to French Vogue if you love one or two editorials lol.

I prefer to look at Italian Vogue for the actual fashion photography aspect and the escapism that provides, but with Vogue Paris I look at the clothes in a more practical sense than I would with Vogue Italia. Vogue Paris does a "better" job of selling the clothes (I guess, or at least it has a different goal) than Vogue Italia. I like them both, but I buy Vogue Paris more regularly just because it's cheaper here and more reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->