Vogue Japan October 2016 : Kendall Jenner by Luigi & Iango

Kendall is a very cute girl but it's very frustrating that she considered herself "a model". If she was a celebrity, i would have been impress but her work is forgettable at best.
Rihanna and Kristen Stewart who are not model can do wonders with less things. She is not very charismatic.

For me, she is doing something here. I like how her face hold all the tension, and how the layout works with the pose. Really good for a october cover.

Terrible cover. This is NOT her look.

Agree with you that this is a terrible cover... But does she have more than one look? Ugh will she please quit modelling soon?! It's been almost 3 years since she started and there's still ZERO progress in her modelling skills, period.

I actually think this is nice, the extra styling works for her bland expression.

The editorial inside is way cooler than the cover...she is supposed to have a tense facial expression, that is part of the editorial story.

This is VJ best cover story for this year thus far...

The 7th picture is very impressive, is the first "real fashion" image that I see from her. The others pics are good, she is getting better at least...

I love the styling, I think it would have been great with a better model but she doesn´t distract me from it... on the contrary, her lifelessness makes me enjoy the clothes more. So I guess that in the end, I´m glad she booked this :mrgreen:

I really like the edit! But looking at it I had to smile because Vogue Japan seems to be obsessed with furry hats with protruding side parts on Kendall considering the cover of their November 2015 edition.

Just saying: Gigi will have a cover this year as well, probably next month. So that's Bella > Kendall > Gigi. Vogue Japan is sinking low.

No, no. You should count from Irina! Irina, Bella, Kendall, Gigi, just about sums up the state of fashion right now!

The first picture looks good. She's really just hunching forward, but it adds such a dramatic effect to the proportion of the clothing. It's also the very first time I see her profile so distinctly captured. With age she will get better, I think.

Why would Vogue Japan repeat the Prada sailor/postman look after giving it a cover just a month ago? That Italian clotheshorse will go to the ends of the earth to promote her compatriots!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think the Comme des Garçons shot is such a wasted opportunity. Imagine what a model with a long, graceful neck could do with it.

The Comme des Garcons shot is the only good one.
The rest? Awful! She looks literally the same. Like they photoshopped one picture of her face onto all the pictures.

There is a reason Luigi and Lango wanted her to have the same facial expression...

Some more shots of the editorial...

33biy45.png

23hvrd0.png

mv26is.png

29eljc3.png

althingskendall.tumblr.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209