REMISE EN FORME
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Make-up: GeorGina GrahaM
Model: Astrid Holler

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Definitely NOT Astrid Holler

I only like the main editorial. It actually made me smile. I really really like it. It was better than I expected.

As for the other editorials.. My goodness. What a huge disappointment. I'm sorry but the new lineup of photographers do not do it for me. I know you all want Alt to experiment with new talents, but sorry, at this rate, I'd rather have her sticking with I&V, M&M, Sorrenti, and Testino. For a second I thought I was browsing through a weak issue of British Vogue.

There is a great disconnect with the main editorial and the rest of the editorials. And there is a greater disconnect between all the editorials. It's like the main editorially snatched all the energy of this issue and left the others to struggle.

VP was still producing strong contents back in 2014.

The main ed is VERY US Vogue, but I like the one with the Bell sisters and the one by Sims, even if i have already Seen Edie C styled this way 1000 times in this magazine (i'm waiting for the next Natasha poly Cover), "melancholia" is a bit bland, Peyton Knight has exactly the same expression on every pic...

I only kinda like the main editorial. It's fresh, but I feel awkward looking at Kaia, she is awfully young. I also like Presley's solo shot, he looks good.
The other content does not interest me and I knew it wouldn't. VP is having a huge identity crisis and it does nothing for me.

I see modelling potential in Kaia, but she still looks young, she IS too young. Please let her graduate high school first before trying to make her a big star. Her face will develop more and she might get taller (currently she's only 5'5"), and she'll be more able to handle the modelling world

FAMILLE MODÈLE is amazing... Full of life and energy. That´s the Testino that i like. Kaia is such a star, and her brother is handsome to. The other editorials looks so sad next to the cover story... :ermm:

that ruth and may editorial looks like a vogue uk reject ... not very french at all!

i like the main edit though!!

They should've given Presley Gerber the cover.
He looks more like his Mom than Kaia.
I'm totally in love with the portrait of Fei Fei.
It has a retro 60s US Bazaar feel.
Reminds me of a Hiro portrait.

I like the main editorial the rest of the issue is just awful, no French Vogue at all

Bell a tomber and Expression Forte!!! Will definitely be getting this issue. It's been a while.

Just browsed through my VP April issues from 2012-2016, and wow 2015 was the year where Koller's influence really was felt in the magazine.

Only the main ed and the Sims/Alt ed are Vogue Paris.
You don't really feel like the photographers are adapting their style to the magazine compared to others Vogue publications...

Testino's cover story as the absolute highlight of the entire issue, for me. Both Cindy and Kaia have photographed beautifully here and Alt's styling takes me back to the good ol' days of Vogue Paris.

The rest of the issue falls completely flat and I am SO SICK AND TIRED of these David Sims/McKenna editorials in VP! This type of aesthetic does absolutely nothing for me, just loathe these flat, 70s, bland and expressionless newbie models thrown into the mix to make matters even worse. Suzanne Koller has ruined French Vogue for me. I don't understand for the life of me why Alt hired her, since their aesthetics are at different ends of the scale (should've stayed at Self Service). Vogue Paris just simply isn't coherent nowadays!

Yeah.. here for Cindy and that's about it. :cry:

This is horrible. There is no personality or originality here. This magazine is a broken record.

Updated model IDs

REVIEW: 242 pages

Beauté: Remise en forme
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Model: Zuzu Tadeushuk
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
6 pages

Miss Vogue: Belle de Jour
Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel
Model: Adrienne Jüliger
Stylist: Véronique Didry
10 pages

Melancholia
Photographer: Christian Macdonald
Model: Lily Stewart, Peyton Knight, Céline Bouly, Olivia Jansing + Zuzu Tadeushuk?
Stylist: Véronique Didry
10 pages

Famille Modèle
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Cindy Crawford, Kaia Gerber & Presley Gerber
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
10 pages

Expression Forte
Photographer: David Sims
Models: Edie Campbell, Julia van Os, Hana Jirickova, Fei Fei Sun, Marjan Jonkman, Annika Krijt, Ruth Bell, Kiki Willems, & Lili Sumner
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
16 pages

Créer le désir
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Designer/Model: Clare Waight & Malgosia Bela
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
6 pages

Noir de Rigueur
Model: Lily Nova
Stylist: Joe McKenna
10 pages

La Femme d'à côté
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Celebrity: Chiara Mastroianni
Stylist: Suzanne Koller
4 pages (2 pictures)

Bell à tomber
Photographer: Harley Weir
Models: Ruth Bell & May Bell
Stylist: Suzanne Koller
14 pages

Last edited by a moderator:
Noir de Rigueur
Model: Lily Nova
Stylist: Joe McKenna
10 pages

There are two girls though, can anyone ID the other one?

I bought the issue... The last copy at the stand... The main story is actually the best... The edit looks better in real...

Loving that picture of Cindy running at the beach. Testino freezed a moment of happyness in that picture. So beautiful. The rest of the ed is MEH, but Kaia looks hot! She's cute I guess, although she doesn't have a very beautiful smile.

Anyway, I'm more interested in her brother! Damn, he is gorgeous!! I'm here for you, babe. :brows:

Maybe I'm sort of not upset with the main story cause at least it has life and energy. The rest is so F****** DEPRESSING. Like... SO F****** DEPRESSING.

Yes, you are very right Creative,not every stylist should be EIC i guess they lean on Alt's public persona. Thanks for your input.:wink:
who, in your opinion, will bring back high status to VP?

OMG, sorry that I read this so late! That's a great question. It's a thread worthy question I think. But, honestly, I have no idea. Maybe I'll give the reigns of the mag to someone unknown, with no ego, young and fresh, with new ideas and the will to do something relevant and good... Most of the people working at magazines are so blasé, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->