Vogue Paris April 2016 : Cindy Crawford & Kaia Gerber by Mario Testino

Thank you Wolkfolk for your perspective, in agree in most of it. But it could be that her 'laziness" is mixed with just following orders from above? i'm not defending her,just curious how once leader is now follower,i mean it's not that she's 20 years in the magazine.

i have now idea,how good or bad VP is selling these days...

Wolkfolk!!!:clap::clap:
And i would add that nothing kills fashion and art in general more than trying to hard to be inclusive.
Being exclusive has always been a key to success. Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia were great because they were exclusive. Being exclusive allowed them to take risks.

It says a lot that the some of most successful french stylist working today are not in Vogue Paris (MAS, Benjamin Bruno). Anastasia Barbieri's talent is totally wasted and all the new major photographers are already featured in AV and UKV (Franca is trying with VI). At VP, it's always about the same mainstream and boring photographers.

I don't know or care of how VP is doing these days but i know that i'm not buying it. Magazines are not cheap and like fashion, i like to spend my money on something that worth it in terms of quality and creativity. If i have to compromise, i would rather buy Grazia and Elle like i would rather buy COS and ZARA.

(...) Frankly I don't think the original reader of VP, and especially in France, is very interested in Cindy Crawford's 14 year old daughter. If there's one Vogue that should bring some new cards to the table it's Vogue Paris. And it's not like there aren't any talents waiting. There is, and as EIC of French Vogue she has the prime position to do so. Probably more than any other editor of Vogue. Sorry for the long post :blush:

I completely agree with you 300% and I´m French too so I know what you mean. I loved every single sentence you just wrote but I wanted to focus on this very end paragraph: indeed I don´t think the standard french Vogue reader (who I used to be 200 years ago when Vogue Paris was good under Carine´s debut) would be interested in Cindy anymore or her 14 year-old-daughter. This magazine needs a new team and a new direction and to be shockingly brutal and sexy and daring as it used to be.

wow, learn some respect

Wow, no :rolleyes:

I am keeping my respect for Laverne Cox, Ines Rau or Janet Mock or Dr. Marci Bowers or my best friend -she is not famous but she should be- real role models to look after.

I don't know or care of how VP is doing these days but i know that i'm not buying it. Magazines are not cheap and like fashion, i like to spend my money on something that worth it in terms of quality and creativity. If i have to compromise, i would rather buy Grazia and Elle like i would rather buy COS and ZARA.

I think as consumers and fashion followers, that's something important. I have a huge VP collection and didn't miss a single issue for many years. Then Alt came. I used to buy it at her first years, it was sort of heartbreaking to stop my collection, to miss some issues... But it got worse and worse. I could read the magazine in less than 5 minutes and never re-see it again. I was wasting my money. And I finally stop buying it. I honestly don't regreat it at all.

It's like complaining about US Vogue giving celebs all the covers. If you are buying it you are saying YES to it. I don't want to be part of it and don't want to be hypocritical.

Thank you Wolkfolk for your perspective, in agree in most of it. But it could be that her 'laziness" is mixed with just following orders from above? i'm not defending her,just curious how once leader is now follower,i mean it's not that she's 20 years in the magazine.

i have now idea,how good or bad VP is selling these days...

Some people need guidance. I always say this. There are very talented people who without the right boss are nothing. It happens in design studios, in magazines... And this is Alt's case. She should've never been more than a fashion director. Karl Lagerfeld said it since day one. Me too.

Also, I think that after a very succesful period, you need something completely different. It's obvious in every creative field. Even in sports.

The previews are up on Vogue.fr

...:shock:

How boring. An article on the most boring designer, Clare? really?

I remember someone said that the cover looked like People, looking at that preview I agree :rolleyes:

Is the blonde with red lips Frederikke Sofie?

Sorry, but the cover is just delightful, I have to disagree with the vast majority here. According to Vogue Paris' site, this April issue centers around the idea of family, and I couldn't think of a more suitable and appropriate cover coming from both Testino and Alt. Next to these overly airbrushed and bland Vogue covers, the sight of a smiling Cindy Crawford and Kaia Gerber makes for a refreshing change. Finally a fashion magazine giving us something warm and ralatable.

The graphic design of those previews is so horrible. :shock: I got sick looking at it.

The graphic design of those previews is so horrible. :shock: I got sick looking at it.

Right ?!! I couldn't even click on the thumbails because it's such an eyesore. They REALLY REALLY need a new art director !:angry:

Also if this is the family issue I'd rather see Catherine Deneuve and Chiara Mastroianni on the cover, Laetitia and Marie-Ange Casta, Jane Birkin with Lou Doillon and Charlotte Gainsbourg... Or even better Léa Seydoux and her, step-mom, Farida Khelfa now that would've been amazing.

Some people need guidance. I always say this. There are very talented people who without the right boss are nothing. It happens in design studios, in magazines... And this is Alt's case. She should've never been more than a fashion director. Karl Lagerfeld said it since day one. Me too.

Also, I think that after a very succesful period, you need something completely different. It's obvious in every creative field. Even in sports.

Yes, you are very right Creative,not every stylist should be EIC i guess they lean on Alt's public persona. Thanks for your input.:wink:
who, in your opinion, will bring back high status to VP?

REVIEW: 242 pages

Beauté: Remise en forme
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Model: Astrid Holler
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
6 pages

Miss Vogue: Belle de Jour
Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel
Model: Adrienne Jüliger
Stylist: Véronique Didry
10 pages

Melancholia
Photographer: Christian Macdonald
Model: Lily Stewart, Peyton Knight, Céline Bouly & more
Stylist: Véronique Didry
10 pages

Famille Modèle
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Cindy Crawford, Kaia Gerber & Presley Gerber
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
10 pages

Expression Forte
Photographer: David Sims
Models: Edie Campbell, Julia van Os, Hana Jirickova, Fei Fei Sun, Marjan Jonkman, Annika Krijt & more
16 pages

Créer le désir
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Designer/Model: Clare Waight & Malgosia Bela
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
6 pages

Noir de Rigueur
Model: UTM
Stylist: Joe McKenna
10 pages

La Femme d'à côté
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Celebrity: Chiara Mastroianni
Stylist: Suzanne Koller
4 pages (2 pictures)

Bell à tomber
Photographer: Harley Weir
Models: Ruth Bell & ( I can't remember her name, she's on the preview...)
14 pages

Last edited by a moderator:
REVIEW: 242 pages

Bell à tomber
Photographer: Harley Weir
Models: Ruth Bell & ( I can't remember her name, she's on the preview...)
14 pages

It's her sister, May Bell.

Expression Forte
Models: Edie Campbell, Julia van Os, Hana Jirickova, Fei Fei Sun, Marjan Jonkman, Annika Krijt & more
16 pages

:woot: again - can´t wait

The detailed review makes the whole issue less frightnening than I thought until reading it. I think Melancholia could be quite interesting and Expression Forte sounds good too. Hope that the story with Malgosia has enough photographs of her as she always delivers and Harley Weir's Bell à Tomber could turn out fine too. Thank you Oxymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->