Vogue Paris May 2009 : Daria Werbowy by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Raquel's ed is OK, not bad, but there's nothing too interesting about it.

I could even like Karlie's ed, if Karlie wasn't there. Her facial expression makes me wanna hit her.

:rofl:

Thanks for all your incredible scans Diorette,:flower: happy to have Darias edit in hq she is one hot kick a** chick:P, and I love the whole vibe of Raquels ed, very campy.

Daria is such a good model. I love how she can pull tough faces while looking so beautiful.

In some shots Daria really owns it and manages to pull off a soft face and aggressive body language...in others I don't love it.

Thanks Diorette :flower:

Daria's edit is great, even if the styling is lackluster! I love the high-action, kung-fu nature. The bodies of the guys just flying through the air, and Daria's endless legs throwing kick after kick. It is visually spectacular. And empowering! It makes me want to kick some butt!

I don't love Karlie's edit. Marie-Amelie Sauve's edits are usually quirky but edgy and cool. This is just quirky and messy. That hat kills it for me. But it is nice to finally see someone make use of the STELLAR Junya Watanabe Spring 2009 collection.

Raquel's edit is good, but looks like something I saw in W about 4 years ago. Still, denim + python+ cleavage is an always no-fail combo! I just wish Carine would exercise her creative powers a bit more!

The edit with Eva is probably the most visually delightful. Such stunning colors and prints! Wonderful styling for sure on Anastasia's part! And I am impressed with the photographer, even if I am not familiar at all with his work. His pictures actually overshadow those of industry heavyweights David Sims and Juergen Teller. Hope to see more from Mr. Pfeiffer!

All in all a mediocre issue. I expect a lot more from Vogue Paris. Nowadays the magazine is either hit or miss, not nearly as continuously fantastic as it was in years past (2005,2006, 2007). I just don't know what is going on with the staff. Carine seems to be losing her sartorial genius and Emmanuelle has been doing a rotation of the same styling for at least nine months! Here's to a standout June/July issue, hopefully with a return from Carlyne Cerf, who always adds a magic touch to the preceedings!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I hope they do a Michelle Pfeiffer cover when she promotes Cheri. I don't know if it will happen for how popular she is in France, but it would be cool...

For some reason I hope they do a Michelle Pfeiffer cover when she promotes Cheri. I don't know if it will happen for how popular she is in France, but it would be cool...

That would be FANTASTIC!!!!! And not unlikely either! Carine loves her American actresses, and Michelle is so sultry and gorgeous. She fits the VP aesthetic to a tee! Plus, Colette is a landmark of French literature and culture, there must be some sort of promotion of the movie in the magazine! It's the perfect opportunity for a cover/editorial!

Let's hope it happens!

LOVE DARIA HERE!!!!

VP must put on the cover one of those kicking pics!!!! Would be much more fun!!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot:

ACTION ACTION !!!! MORE and MORE finally!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
karlie's ed is really cool..i love the styling and she looks strong. :heart: not blown away by anything else..

That would be FANTASTIC!!!!! And not unlikely either! Carine loves her American actresses, and Michelle is so sultry and gorgeous. She fits the VP aesthetic to a tee! Plus, Colette is a landmark of French literature and culture, there must be some sort of promotion of the movie in the magazine! It's the perfect opportunity for a cover/editorial!

Let's hope it happens!

the film hasn't been promoted a lot in France and I doubt she'll get a cover !

*tear* Oh well lol. Thanks for the news Party In Paris :smile:! I thought they would promote the film in France. But apparently not! I remember now seeing it mentioned in maybe the March or April issue of VP.

it's not out yet though, maybe it'll get a better promotion but so far not really !

That said, Michelle is popular here, and I think she's a gorgeous woman !

^I'm glad to hear that! She really is stunning. More gorgeous than some women half of her age! And such a wonderful actress. Her as Catwoman has to be one of my favorite female movie characters of all time! She played the rule to purrfection!

To stay on topic (lol), I looked more closely at Karlie's edit and it is not as bad as I orignally thought. The styling is actually pretty good. Marie-Amelie really has a knack for making garish things look sophisticated and polished. Still, this is not nearly her best work.

I'd rather see a model on the cover than MP, IMO. Do you want VP to turn into US Vogue? I don't think so.

Cherchez la femme is so pretty. Much better than I thought it would be. The other editorials just aren't doing it for me. Thanks Diorette! :flower: I can't give you karma but as soon as I can I will!

I'd rather see models on the cover of VP as well, but an occasional actress is fine, especially if she is as gorgeous as Michelle Pfeiffer.

Hello everyone... if you would like to discuss future Vogue Paris cover subjects... then please do so in the Cover Rumor thread. Let's keep the discussion on topic here... Vogue Paris May 2009.

Thank you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->