Vogue Paris October 2018 : Kaia Gerber by Mikael Jansson

I immediately knew when Conde Nast released their "no models under 18" codex that it would have no effect on Kaia. Now she just gets her name mentioned when she's on a cover and everything's okay. *smh*

Ridiculous! Alt's desperation is embarrassing at this stage. What's this joker cover??? I've had quite enough of this teen being pushed down our throats. 'The most mature Vogue out there right now', :clap:

Not sure how I feel about the half face, and Kaia again? Really? :blink:

Would of been great if she had a full face of makeup and just a one colour masthead! She reminds me of Gia Carangi

I think I would have liked it a lot more if it weren't for the multicolored masthead.. like, why? It makes it look like a children's magazine.

Because they copied that new POP make-up cover by Oliver Hadlee Pearch? It has multicolored title type

I’m claiming it, they used my Day & Night concept with Taylor Hill in the Cover Challenge.

HAHAHA I KID.

However, looking at the Instagram comments and the young ones seem to dig it. Magazine’s constant pandering to the youth is why we get covers like this.

Although, props to Alt, she managed to make this concept fit her 80s/90s theme.

I actually love this. Part of me loathes the multicoloured logo (it would definitely look 100x more sophisticated and modern with one block colour, or a silver foil), but then the other side of me kind of loves how kitsch and tacky it is. Either way, I think the image is great and eye-catching.

I actually dont think this is too bad.

I thought the eye and lip colors evoked the French flag at first look, but with the multi colored masthead; it makes no sense.
It doesn't work for me. A literal depiction of a day look and night look split on one face.
This is when you do a foldout cover showing the two looks completely.
I guess with Cindy Crawford as her mom and Karl giving her prestige jobs, we'll be seeing more of Kaia.
Whether we want to or not.

Coming back to the cover after a while... at first I saw a sad clown, but now it looks more like a teenager who's had a stroke, and the side of her face has slumped.

This is when you do a foldout cover showing the two looks completely.
Or two separate covers - one fresh-faced, one fully make-up - meaning twice the sales from the people into Kaia, and at least one look that everyone else might like.

Where has Alt's magic touch gone? Her summer issues are usually sublime, when everyone else is putting out thin leaflets that pass for magazines, full of dross. This is the third cover in a row that I can't say I'm keen on.

Let's be real, just to get it out there, the "18+" rule is only a means for publications to absolve themselves of any legal liability by the model not being "of age" at the time of employment. It stands to reason, or at least this would be the converse logic, that a model's well-being is solely their own responsibility once they are legally deemed to be adults, and not that of the client employing them. It does not come from a place of safe-guarding working practices for models, but rather circling the wagon on themselves in advance of the next Boston Globe/N.Y. Times article.

Once you look at the "rules" from that vantage point, it becomes clear that "fairness" was never in the cards.

Awful, awful! But I don't care about Vogue Paris anyway, haven't bought an issue since August 2016 (there were a few acceptable ones, but the price has gone quite up for some reason here recently, so I rather spend money on a book or some other magazine).

She shouldn't be on any Vogue covers at this stage, just full stop. Don't mind this cover as an image but it's a little weird/lacklustre overall.

And may I add - such a shame considering the legacy this magazine treasures. Early 2000s (or the late ones) for example.

I don’t know what to think about the cover yet. I don’t mind Kaia...
You can literally see her everyday on tv with her Zalando thing, she has Karl’s support (even if it doesn’t necessarily mean anything when it comes to VP) and she has that aura.

I feel like Emmanuelle wants to make her « her millenial girl ». The Hadid works but they very linked to Carine so I feel like Alt is holding on to her.

I only hope that Barbieri is featured in this issue.

What is she wearing on the cover?
Vuitton resort 2019

Jansson doing Richardson doing Trope.

I thought this concept was so naively derivative when I saw Physicians Formula run this gimmicky advert back in 2016. It's pretty sad state of affairs when the mainstream cosmetics company at your neighborhood corporate drugstore beats your HIGH Fashion magazine to the punch.

Terry Richardson for Physicians Formula 2016

lambesis.com

Vanessa Greca shot by Donna Trope for allure May 2002

Sharon Dowsett/IG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"