Style.com Top 10 Collections F/W 11.12

Why is Alexander Wang on that list? Do these writers have no recollection of how much he burrowed from designers like Tom Ford?

OK I get Ackermann, I don't get the absence of McQueen and I get why US based style.com would pick Miu Miu over Prada. I cannot see Valentino being on the list on the merits for this season's collection, but if they have been overlooked in recent seasons, I can see them being on the list as compensation / consolation for being overlooked previously given the editorial and red carpet success of recent collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so obvious that they were paid to put in some of those designers.

while in years past i might agree, i doubt that alexander wang or the marzotto people have more money and heft to throw around than other omissions like chanel, burberry, or others.

Valentino is a joke
Givenchy...um no
Louis Vuitton to me fits better than MJ

Celine, Alexander Wang, Haider Ackermann, and Marni are really the only collections I can agree on

It's odd that several people here think Valentino shouldn't be on the list, when Givenchy was absolutely horrible.

^I kind of agree with that. While Valentino wasn't absolutely spectacular, I wouldn't say it was bad either.

^^It's in alphabetical order.

Ackerman was perfect, Bottega and Marni i LOVED....but Miu Miu? NO..even the more flattering picture up there shows how awful it was

I only agree with Haider Ackermann and MAYBE Miu Miu. Maybe. Where are Louis Vuitton? Mary Katrantzou? Giles? Calvin Klein? Prada? This list is total fail.

i'm not at all surprised by this list...safe and predictable reviews from one of the most conventional fashion news sources.

how could they neglect to mention jil sander? do yourself a favor and watch a video of the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWnFrTQkxA
raf simmons is always flawless, both in the execution of his clothing, and in the conceptual dimension of his shows.

my second favorite was Suno. remarkable use of volume and pattern contrast.
and of course, there's Givenchy, which gave a flawless and provocative follow-up to the menswear collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->