W August 2009 : Lara Stone by Steven Klein

Please provide a credit to your image, mainstay. if it's your own scan, just state it so. -_-

truly gorgeous.. totaly must-have.

Thanks so much mainstay. :flower:

The cover is so beautiful, i think its almost September worthy.

This girl...oh man..she is a superstar in a league of her own. She gets her name splattered all over W, gets a whole issue for VP, has been on US Vogue after never been in it. Every single photographer has shot her, all the fashion houses want her and she is without doubt one of the most unique models ever. League of her own, I tell ya...it doesn't even matter that this cover is not the best ever. I can't believe she grew up less than 40 km away from my hometown. Seriously....

^^LOVE the fact that her name is on the cover in as big letters as any celeb's would have been. ^_^

Oh god.... Not what I was expecting, AT ALL, and not in a good way. The cover is too retro for my taste. It looks like a film still of Bardot in the 1950's. There is really nothing current or contemporary about it. Lara looks beautiful, as usual, but the styling makes her look like a young child dressing up in her granny's frumpy clothes. The whole Chanel Bo Brummel look was not at all attractive on the runway and certainly isn't appetizing in print either. But hey, at least it's not the typical Klein dungeons and whips imagery. And I am happy to see Lara on her own cover. She really does look flawless, despite the outdated styling.

Thanks SOOO much mainstay :smile:!!
Seriously, if he wasn't credited there is no way i would believe he shot this cover, but of course we both might take our words back when we see the full ed.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I totally agree Mr-Dale. She is hands down an icon of this generation. There is no doubt in my mind that she will be remembered and praised 20, 30, 40, maybe even 50 years down the road. A true beauty trailblazer.

O M G I Was feeling like this :( after the MJ memorial and now I'm like this :smile:

yay mood swings

^^LOVE the fact that her name is on the cover in as big letters as any celeb's would have been. ^_^

Seriously, if he wasn't credited there is no way i would believe he shot this cover, but of course we both might take our words back when we see the full ed.:lol:

I am shocked that he photographed it as well! It looks more like something I&V or even M&M would do! I think Klein purposefully did the complete opposite of what he usually does just to prove himself. Which was not necessarily the best idea. Klein can do many things, but soft and pretty isn't his best ouevre. Everything seems so forced. And for me, the styling is unforgivable. But Lara does look absolutely captivating. Hopefully my faith is renewed by the editorial!

As I look at the cover more and more, it grows on me. It is coquettish in a cute way I guess. I just am used to seeing such sexually-driven images and sharp, futuristic styling in W and this deviation is a bit shocking for me. I applaud the editors at W for taking a different direction and mixing things up, but soft doesn't have to be in-your-face frothy. I am just a bit perplexed by the direction both Klein and White were trying to take with this image.

the cover is so beautiful. i can't believe it's real.

this is the US edition of W? Meaning there is a model, who is not Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell or Linda E, on the cover of a major American magazine?

that givenchy show must have really killed me.

Love the winter vibe. This is beautiful. Glad she finally got her own cover. Without other girls. She's really a Supermodel.

I do not get the appeal of Lara. I don't find her attractive and she's nowhere near iconic since no one outside of hardcore fashionistas know who she is. I'm also tired of seeing her breasts.

I do not get the appeal of Lara. I don't find her attractive and she's nowhere near iconic since no one outside of hardcore fashionistas know who she is. I'm also tired of seeing her breasts.

That doesn't mean she can't be iconic within the world of fashion, right? Cause if she isn't already, she will be. The next biggest thing since Gemma Ward IMO...who was (like her or not) the last business-shaking face of fashion who has become pretty wellknown outside the world of fashion, in comparison to other models of our age.

Gemma and Daria were, in my opinion, the last two biggest groundbreaking fashion-faces- Gemma for her alien-like beauty which ushered in a whole horde of similar martian-like girls and Daria for her classic, timeless beauty which can be molded into any type of look. Lara is for sure in their league, not only for her non-traditional features (the gap in her teeth, for one ), but more importantly for the shape of her body which arguably put an end to the superwaif craze.

Lara is not iconic. Some of you are getting ahead of yourself ( give her some catwalk lessons them Ill consider, besides she is somewhat one dimensional for me. sex, and then sex that is all. ) . Anyway this not model talk but rather the mag/pics themselves right?

For one I am actually happy that is a model and Lara looks very nice, not the obvious sexy thing she usually does. And Klein has refrained from bondage so this won't be a complete mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->