W August 2009 : Lara Stone by Steven Klein

Lara is not iconic. Some of you are getting ahead of yourself ( give her some catwalk lessons them Ill consider, besides she is somewhat one dimensional for me. sex, and then sex that is all. ) . Anyway this not model talk but rather the mag/pics themselves right?

For one I am actually happy that is a model and Lara looks very nice, not the obvious sexy thing she usually does. And Klein has refrained from bondage so this won't be a complete mess.

The fact that she does not walk well on the catwalk only enhances her icon status. She is the anti-model. Everything about her goes against the standards of what what was expected of models before. And though Lara is frequently depicted topless or in sexual situations, she can also play innocent and docile quite well. I remember after her first huge runway season in 2007, she appeared in W in June 2007 looking very young and doll-like, even if she was holding a cigarette. I remember being taken aback and fascinated by the imagery of such a fragile-looking girl playing such a grown-up role. Also, her country editorial in VP May 2008 wonderfully showcased her soft side.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is gorgeous and so much better than the July cover.

anti model? so now not knowing how to walk is a quality? umm ok. The girl is good at what she does, excellent even but she is too limited for me.

^It's not a quality, but one of many quirks which sets Lara apart from the rest.

well for me a good model one need to know how to walk and take pictures.

The fact that she can't walk only adds to her immense status I think, given the fact that she is Tisci's muse both on and off runway, she just was Lagerfeld's bride at Chanel, has walked pretty much all major shows and did frigging Victoria's Secret on top of that. If you can't walk and still make everyone lust for more of you on the runway, you're something alright!

just saw the cover..i totally love it..she looks very soft and delicate on it, which is so different from her harsh look she usually has. really beautiful. thanks for posting mainstay..i'm going to the karma button right away :lol:

ETA: is it just me or does the cover look very Camilla Akrans? :brows: I prefer Klein in the style he did Bruce and his wife..but this is a nice change, too. total versatility on the model and photographer's behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she looks incredible, absolutely love the cover, I never get tiered of Lara as BB.

well for me a good model one need to know how to walk and take pictures.
I think the fact that she is accepted by the fashion industry because of her limitations is why she is bound to become an icon, if its not already in eyes of some. I mean didn't Roitfeld said Stone is the anti model-model.

But i do agree that she still has a way to walk to reach it, but that is just me.

Ok you guys haven't convinced me yet so I'll just leave it. I like her pictures but I can't love her cause her walk scares me :/

But this issue looks promising and I cannot what to see what is inside.

Sorry retailqueen, I don't mean to shove Lara's appeal down your throat. I just really love and appreciate her as a model and truly think she is an icon of this generation. You by no means have to agree with me :smile:!

^i never said it was shot by Camilla, i said it resembles her style. totally the technique (i.e. lighting, saturation) and the feeling of allure, femininity and sensuality. and from the looks of it, the photographer has been confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->