W June 2006: Madonna

robster16

Reaction score
Hi there,

As I mentioned before, but the thread got deleted...

SOURCE : JPASC24/Drownedmadonna.com

Madonna WILL grace the cover of June's W Magazine. The Steven Klein helmed portfolio will feature Madonna with live horses and a couple of different wigs (One long black wig for one shot & a long blond curly for another shot).......In other shots, her hair is pulled back in a bun. Madonna is seen throughout the photos wearing all black clothing (including riding gear) and the setting for the shoot is in a horse stable. Expect previews of the photos to make their debut on Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight and The Insider by the middle of this week....

AND, from Madonnatribe.com:

Madonna fans surely remember that on March 03 MadonnaTribe exclusively anticipated first that the Queen Of Pop was working again with Steven Klein for a new portfolio to be featured on W magazine. Now the time has almost come and these amazing new shots will be available in newsstands this coming Friday, on the June issue of W Magazine.

From what we heard the new photos are amazing. The portfolio shows the love for horses that both Madonna and Steven Klein share, and see her photographed along with various horses, posing as if she identifies herself with them. More than 50 images are apparenlty being used in this new W cover story, including some black and white shots, while a blue light will be dominant in some of the colour ones. There are also strong reminiscences of Madonna's past works, from the re-Invention tour book photo session up to the Sex book.

A couple of shots see Madonna on the back, wearing a long black wig that recalls a horse tail while in other shots the Queen of Pop wears a platinum blond wig while she caresses a black stallion lying on the floor of a stable. Another set of photos see Madonna with her own hair pulled back, wearing a horse muzzle.
We're sure Madonna fans will be so happy with this new W portfolio which can be defined as "pure and classic Madonna"

ROB

Last edited by a moderator:
No---please not Madonna. Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Madonna? W is starting to morph into American Vogue II.

Uhm, excuse me very much but to put Madonna on the same level as Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan is mistake number 1, but the Steven Klein/Madonna portfolio for the march 2003 issue of W magazine was one of the most intruiging Madonna portfolio's she ever did...

Bleh!!. I find Madonna quite horrid!!. Very interested in the eds inside though and which models will be in them.

robster16 said:
Uhm, excuse me very much but to put Madonna on the same level as Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan is mistake number 1, but the Steven Klein/Madonna portfolio for the march 2003 issue of W magazine was one of the most intruiging Madonna portfolio's she ever did...

Yea, seriously. I thought by now people would give Madonna at least a little fashion credit. Steven Klein is awesome as well.

WhiteLinen said:
No---please not Madonna. Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Madonna? W is starting to morph into American Vogue II.
Whatever W doesn't care. They are laughing all the way to the bank. The day that that Meryl Streep/Lindsay Lohan cover came out I saw the newsstands practically ransacked by people dying to scoop it up. The fact of the matter is, right now any magazine in the world would die to have Madonna or Lindsay or Mary-Kate or Jessica on their cover. It's a testament to W's reign over the fashion market that they consistently pull in these superstars, month after month after month. And it's never cheesy or tarty. I'll take a Mary-Kate by David Sims shoot or a Madonna by Steven Klein shoot any day of the week. Good for them. It's selling like hotcakes.

I know I've complained in the past (with Jessica's cover :sick: ), but as long as they aren't recycling the same old very, very tired celebs in rotation all the time - I'm happy.

WhiteLinen said:

I agree -- and I like Madonna. :sick:

I like Madonna too, but her covers have been a train wreck lately. She's brilliant, creative, strong etc... But the cover of W is not where she belongs.

I don't like her much, but I always really like what Steven Klien does with her

I didn't like the editorial Madonna did with Steven Meisel in 2003 either, so I don't think I will like this...

Steven Klein is an amazing photographer, I believe he'll do his best. madonna on the other hand knows how to work the camera, her latest shoot with W was amazing!

polka_dot said:
I know I've complained in the past (with Jessica's cover :sick: )

Agreed! that cover... :yuk: they could use celebrities for their covers, as long as they not morphing into Us weekly or tabloids / something like that...

Anyone got the photo ?

ill accept that its madonna, but another spread of her with horses!

we get it, she likes horses, we dont need her to be with them always

what do you mean always? She's done one shoot with horses, for Vogue. Other then that she's never done a shoot with horses. She used a horse in the Reinvention Tour video for Bedtime Story but that's it. Of course the horse accident gave her much press etc... I think this is her way of taking the accident and turning it around from something which was negative for her, and making it positive. And besides, Steven Klein has a looooong running fascination with horses, which is well documented throughout his work.

I agree completely with robster16! By the way, A Magazine #3 (curated by Haider Ackermann) had a brilliant Steven Klein editorial totally with horses.

here is the cover:

madonna-large.jpg

and some caps from other images from the editorial which is btw 58 pages!

vlcsnap56149911em.jpg

vlcsnap-5614968.jpg

source: www.drownedmadonna.com & shakiguy at www.madonnamad.com

here's a montage taken from footage of Access Hollywood where you can see the picture of her laying on the horse in full:

montage01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1212
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->