Interview May 2010 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

retouching comments aside (I agree), I haven't seen this kind of energy in her photoshoots in years!

She has always been very photgenic but this is great compared to say Lara Stone's Cover for the same managzine and the editorial that came with that issue

In the first picture of post #55, can anyone tell what is on Madonna's lower waist and hip? It looks like a faded snake skin tattoo of some sort. It looks so cool but I can't figure out what it is. Anybody know?

Its where the fishnet tights have pressed into her skin :flower:

Interview cover (untagged)

Madonna-Covers-Interview.jpg

Madonna-Interview-Cover-500x650.jpg

popcrunch.com

Its where the fishnet tights have pressed into her skin :flower:

I guess that's not as cool as I originally thought! :lol:
She looks good, anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The covers are so bad@$$, and the pictures are more than solid as well... looks much better than her Dolce and Gabbana campaign, and they're easily two of her better Interview covers.

Why? Why do Mert & Marcus portray her as this unlined creature? What's so wrong with Madonna being a woman of 51?

I feel sorry for the retouchers who had to work on this, no doubt they are feeling the effects of carpal tunnel from all the dodge & burning they had to do.

Madonna's no spring chicken, but photoshopping aside, she looks incredible for a woman past 50 anyways. Yes, the photoshopping helps a great deal, but I've a feeling she'd still look gorgeous in the un-shopped photos.

madonna just shut the game down.
- everyone can go home now.

These are so damn gorgeous. OMG I'm gagging! LOL

she should leave the crucifix alone. i doubt it still disturbs someone, its just disgusting. :lol:

This is definitely one of the best shoots I've ever seen of Madonna, it really is amazing!

Love this editorial. After the terrible work she had done last year I thought all was lost but it seems she's rectified the situation. Either it's all settled or she had what was implanted removed, she looks fabulous again.

You know, the more I think about it and I'm sure this has been said before but, Interview is one of the best publications in press right now. It's non-gender-sexuality-race-class-specific and continually fantastic.
I'm so pleased there are great people there staying to Andy Warhol's original vision and paying homage to his legacy.

You know, the more I think about it and I'm sure this has been said before but, Interview is one of the best publications in press right now. It's non-gender-sexuality-race-class-specific and continually fantastic.
I'm so pleased there are great people there staying to Andy Warhol's original vision and paying homage to his legacy.

The magazine is absolutely brill! but they definitely need to do something with customers service and subscriptions... I subscribed in February and still have not recieved an issue... Interview was the only magazine I was planning to re-subscribe but now I don't see any point as it is better to buy it from news-stands rathen than wait for my copy endlessly.

^^Me too! I subscribed on February 4th and nothing so far.
I've been emailing back and forth with their customer service team and all I can get is that they had "significant production delays" with their April issue. I made it clear that I didn't think three months was an acceptable waiting period and they've extended my subscription by two issues so I would suggest you make your feeling heard too.

PS: Just checked and there's a new email from them in my inbox - "The April issue should arrive no later than May 13, 2010."

^^Me too! I subscribed on February 4th and nothing so far.
I've been emailing back and forth with their customer service team and all I can get is that they had "significant production delays" with their April issue. I made it clear that I didn't think three months was an acceptable waiting period and they've extended my subscription by two issues so I would suggest you make your feeling heard too.

PS: Just checked and there's a new email from them in my inbox - "The April issue should arrive no later than May 13, 2010."

I did email them and they told me exactly what they've told you. I will wait until 13th and if not will email them again. Thanks!

Yes, thank the design gods for Fabien Baron... His first-time around at Interview was truly brilliant. When he left in the early 90s, Ingrid Sischy drove the magazine into utter crap; looked like it was put together by 12-yr-old interns working on a 15-minute deadline. Fabien's return to Interview is most-welcomed, not as brilliant as the first-time around-- but still fab. Madonna would be very wise to always keep Fabien in her backpocket.

Holy smokes! :buzz: Even though I've been technically over Madonna & Any & All Religious Thematic References pretty much from the get go, both covers here are just visually s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. I never thought I'd say this of post-botox Madonna, but man, these are just pure eye-candy for me. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->