W March 2013 : Kate Moss, Natalia Vodianova & Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

The standouts here are the M&M, Sorrenti and McDean editorials. Other than that everything is kind of mundane. Regardless, those three stories are worth getting this issue alone.

Wow this issue is great. I can't even comment because there's nowhere to start because it's all just so fantastic. I'll be picking this one up for sure! Hopefully Lara's cover.

What an excellent issue this is, it's not even worth comparing to VOGUE, they did all the trend editorials to a T! The casting for each editorial is so accurate!

Rave New World
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Models: Aymeline Valade, Doutzen Kroes, Nadia Bender & Caroline Brasch Nielsen
Styling: Panos Yiapanis
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Aaron De Mey
Nails: Yuna Park
zinio
One more

jonesbyjones.tumblr.com/

Saw this in person tonight and honestly the quality of the paper for the cover is what deterred me from buying it. It's an odd, rough, matte paper that completely dulls down what is obviously (after seeing it online and inside the magazine) a rich, saturated photo. Disappointed.

It is much more of a stronger matte finish than Acne paper; despite it not really suiting the pictures, I still like how it gives the blacks and darker tones, and the overall cover, a painterly quality. I'm not really into the cover images but if I had to choose one it would be Natalia's, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely disappointing, in terms of content and visuals, and it's misleading to put Kate/Natalia/Lara looking stunning on the covers, when they do not appear in the issue without counting the fact that the Asian theme of the cover has nothing to do with the editorials featured.

Got my copy earlier this week, was surprised by the poor quality of the paper for the cover, I know it's something picky. Not surprised that Kate's cover got imported here with her unquestionably being the more popular model. Will at some point in the future try to get the other two covers. Would probably say this is the best spring fashion issue currently out there along with VI's March issue. But is it slightly wrong that I was expecting even better inside? Some good editorials nonetheless.

Noticed this straightaway when I was out for magazines a few days ago. Although, after a quick leaf through the issue, I wasn't even close to being tempted to make a purchase - even with Kate Moss on the front. For some reason the printing alignment was off and the spine was crooked, making the issue awkward to navigate. I did admire the feel of the matt-finished cover, it felt celebratory and complimented the vivid cover shot. But I'll spend the £5 elsewhere, I'm certain.

Great content, because the cover texture is hideous, i really don't like it.
Stay smooth W lol.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the cover texture?

^There's such a fuss about it, isn't there. :lol: I haven't seen this issue in person so I can't really comment on whether it's been blown out of proportion, but I tend to like matte finishes.

I read this issue from front to back, what a pleasure! Loved the eds- so diverse. Easily my favourite mag of the season ^_^

^Mine as well...what an amazing variety of photography, styling and moods.

Framed And Looking Fabulous!

I have now spent a few minutes to frame my inside shots of KATE/LARA AND NATALIA. It looks divine! I have put it on my pinterest. I think the colour palette is so stunning and powerful, just had to cut it all out and frame the series.
W is made of poor paper IMO and always crinkles at the spine, so not something I care to collect so much anymore. Worth the money for the pages alone though.:heart:

^I also want to do the same when I have my edition, I think buy two. BTW what's your pinterest to view the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->