What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

I ordered at CNWWN the december and january issue of British Vogue, GQ Style UK and Vogue Arabia September 2019 (Kim’s spectacular cover)... I’m so excited because I thought I’ll never have the opportunity to buy it

The first half of January has brought a relative bounty of magazines: my subscription copies of UK Vogue and Tatler turned up in time, I ordered some issues of Italian Elle and Vanity Fair from newsstand.co.uk, and I bought an old issue of Vogue India from ebay. Can't complain.

I notice the weekly Italian magazines were so thin they were stapled instead of perfect bound (square spine).

Never being a weighty magazine at the best of times, Tatler is a lean machine these days as well - on occasion the thinness has caused the printing on the spine to be misaligned - but it's still got more glamour per square inch on each page than most other titles have throughout their entire issue.

UK Vogue, I've gone from thinking the cover was dull, to then thinking the contents were rather good, to being underwhelmed again when seeing it all in print.

Two thoughts remain: when's the February issue of Vogue Paris going to appear, because I sidestepped any purchase of Dec/Jan, and what are Vanity Fair going to do for a Hollywood issue, when the industry has been turned upside down?

If the Academy Awards have been put back to 25th April 2021, maybe we shouldn't expect to see the Hollywood issue until much later in the spring.

Made use of the free shipping for this weekend at CNWWN. They are missing a lot of issues, it appears brexit is hitting their ability to bring in stock hard, though it seems to be affecting countries that are not in the EU. Had to snatch Vogue Poland on ebay, those haven't arrived yet. Eventually I hope to get Vogue Ukraine December 2020 and the newest issue of Vogue Hong Kong and perhaps even the newest V Magazine. Then I think I will have to stop buying for a while. I am completely out of space, and for these next shipments I will have to find other places to put them, at least until my room is ready.

British Vogue February 2021
Vogue Czechoslovakia January 2021
Vogue China November 2020
Vogue Poland December 2020
Vogue Poland January/February 2021

UK Vogue March 2021
UK Harper's Bazaar March 2021
US Vogue January 2021
US Vogue February 2021
Vogue Spain January 2021
Vogue Paris February 2021

Did anyone in Australia see the December issue of US Vogue in any local newsagents? I’m like a hawk all over town but never found it. I see the January issue is out here now. :wink:

Did anyone in Australia see the December issue of US Vogue in any local newsagents? I’m like a hawk all over town but never found it. I see the January issue is out here now. :wink:
I guess you’ll find it in ebay. Is sold out already even at the CNWWN

As I went overboard with buying magazines in 2020 (I blame the lockdown boredom), I decided to buy less and more savvy this year. For now, I bought:

Bazaar Serbia January
Grazia Serbia January/February
Vogue Paris February
Bazaar Serbia February
Elle Serbia February

As I went overboard with buying magazines in 2020 (I blame the lockdown boredom),
Same though, I mainly had just started collecting at the beginning of 2020. Now I'm out of space until I get into my new bedroom.

I just added these new babies to my collection:

- Quotation vol. 31
- Bazaar Japan 12/2020
- Bazaar Japan 11/2020
- Elle Japan 2/2021
- Vogue Japan 1/2021
- Numero 219
- Hero
- Self service

IMG_7965.jpg

After nearly 4 months, the lot of 2018 Vogue Germany issues has finally arrived. Very regrettably it did not have the July issue(excellent covers of Mayowa, Fran, and Vittoria).

Realized that I ma real oldfag. I nearly stopped buying all contemporary publications (especially after covid), buying not that often but I can’t even imagine that one day I fill all gap in Vogue nippon collection. It was my silent dream because back in 99-2011 Vogue nippon was such a thing! But the shipping to Europe from Japan costs a fortune even if you get magazines for free. One crazy woman get the container from Japan with waste paper and now she is moving to other country and getting rid of it. But there I can’t choose issues ( and I have half of them) and then my oldest news agent purchased whole collection and I got all 77 Vogue Japan issues 99- 2017 and 12 Vogue China issues 2006-2012 for 900 usd

these 3 piles in front
Vogue nippon 1999-2008 - 64 issues
2012-2017 - 13 issues
Vogue China 2006-2012 - 12 issues

I was supposed to stop because I ran out of space, but I haven't. I have "found" a little more space to put a few more. I will probably stop after this though. A lot of this is stuff that I wanted to get, but couldn't either due to CNWWN not stocking them, or because of the price, or because it was quite rare and I had been tracking it down for a long time. Its also gotten a little bit expensive for me to buy from CNWWN since pandemic relief stuff is causing bit of inflation against the pound.

Lui #33(I had been tracking this down for a long time, could either never buy it in time, or it was really expensive. I managed to snag this one off amazon at a reasonable cost.)
Vogue Ukraine December/January 2020/2021
Numéro 221
Numéro 206
Harper's Bazaar Germany April 2021
Elle Germany April 2021 (I had originally bought this because Lorena Rae was on the cover because the edition its a reprint from is very hard to get, and then now I learn that the cover is just a reprint, the editorial is actually not in this issue itself which is quite weird, but its too late since I already bought it)

I haven’t bough any magazine apart of Vogue US and Mexico march 2021 but I’m excited to receive the £50 magazine combo that I won in a giveaway made by CNWWN.

I haven’t bough any magazine apart of Vogue US and Mexico march 2021 but I’m excited to receive the £50 magazine combo that I won in a giveaway made by CNWWN.
Spend away!

The paper quality of this magazine is impressive. I'm not a fan of their dreary studio shoots, but the whole issue was okay.

176 pages
5 editorials
IMG_20210407_220156.jpg

I ordered during the CNWWN back issues promo:

Vogue Japan Feb 2021
Vogue Korea Feb 2021
Vogue China Nov 2020
Vogue Spain Nov 2020
Vogue UK Apr 2021
Vogue Paris Apr 2021
Vogue Hommes Spr 2021

Can’t wait for it