What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

Thanks. It seems to me however their prices are more expensive than what I could get on ebay. Pound to USD doesnt exchange well, and shipping from the UK is expensive enough. 15 pounds is a bit expensive.

That's the only problem, the price of the delivery because they only use DHL Express. Fortunately I guess in US you have a good postal service but here in Mexico is terrible and always have to find where to buy my magazines that sends via private service. :(

That's the only problem, the price of the delivery because they only use DHL Express. Fortunately I guess in US you have a good postal service but here in Mexico is terrible and always have to find where to buy my magazines that sends via private service. :(
Oh yeah at least for the price of the shipping, DHL is actually pretty decent. I can choose when the deliver it and of course its fast and has tracking. So I don't think I'm not getting good value for the price of shipping. Just that I dont like paying 18 pounds for shipping, but its actually cheaper than using Royal Mail it seems. Also in this case at least its not that much cheaper on ebay. So reliable shipping and all of it from the same source. Might as well, meh.

Its a vogue month.

Vogue Japan October 2020
Vogue China August 2020
Vogue Belleza Spain NO.70
Vogue Paris July 2020
Vogue Taiwan September 2020

Vogue Russia November 2019
Vogue Paris October 2020
Vogue Korea October 2020
Vogue Japan June 2019
Vogue Japan September 2020
Vogue Japan November 2019
W: Stories

For the month of October:

Vogue Italia May 2020
Vogue USA May 2020
Vogue China May 2020
Vogue Russian May 2020
British Vogue March 2020
Vogue Japan April 2020
Vogue Spain April 2020
Vogue USA April 2020
Vogue Japan November 2020
Vogue Russia October 2020
Vogue Mexico October 2020
Vogue Korea October 2020
Vogue Czechoslovakia November 2020
5Eleven Fall Winter 2020
V122
V121
V124
V126
V127

and finally V66 which has a crazy story with it. I bought this on ebay it was the special scratch off edition and it was being sold for a surprisingly low price and on the listing it looked pristine. Well it took forever for it the ship and it turns it was never scanned, and the seller was returned with an empty bag. Luckily, they had another copy which I presume is the exact same edition everything. Just thought this was wild, never heard of this happening before. I'll just dub it a Grand Theft Vogue.

I ordered at CNWWN the november issue of Vogue CS, Vogue Singapore and L’Uomo, Vogue Hommes and AD Spain latest issue.

They had a great promotion online: buy 50£ and the worldwide delivery is free

My snap of Vogue Italia Oct & Dec 1991 as well as UK Vogue Oct 1991.

I originally bought a copy of these issues when they first came out, but the intervening years of my life have not been kind to a magazine collection, so it's like an early Christmas present to get myself some 'new' copies of what I realised the other day are nearly thirty-year-old magazines.

For October, Meisel was using Raquel Welch as his inspiration, but I was never sure whether he was harking back to a particular shoot of hers - she seemed to do editorials for various editions of Vogue in the late 60s - or whether it was just an amalgam of her style at the time.

UK Vogue January 2021
UK Harper's Bazaar January 2021
US Vogue November 2020
Elle Spain December 2020

And I took advantage of the Black Friday offer at the Condé Nast Worldwide News' store and ordered:

Vogue Japan June 2020
Vogue Japan August 2020
Vogue Japan December 2020
Vogue Spain October 2020
Vogue Latin America October 2020
Vogue Korea October 2020
Vogue Hong Kong June/July 2020
Vogue Netherlands July/August 2020
Vogue Italia July/August 2020

UK Vogue January 2021
UK Harper's Bazaar January 2021
US Vogue November 2020
Elle Spain December 2020

And I took advantage of the Black Friday offer at the Condé Nast Worldwide News' store and ordered:

Vogue Japan June 2020
Vogue Japan August 2020
Vogue Japan December 2020
Vogue Spain October 2020
Vogue Latin America October 2020
Vogue Korea October 2020
Vogue Hong Kong June/July 2020
Vogue Netherlands July/August 2020
Vogue Italia July/August 2020
Haha you must have bought the last of that Vogue Hong Kong issue they had that I was trying to get but paypal was giving me trouble.

I don’t have much to report for December so far because (a) I don’t go out, (b) there aren’t any decent newsagents near me anymore, and (c) the magazines I subscribe to don’t turn up in the post.

It isn’t even a Covid thing, UK Vogue always took two weeks to arrive to my UK address even before all the chaos - but if I order something from newsstand, it takes two days.

It’s like a giant conspiracy designed to make you lose interest in print magazines (if the content wasn’t doing that to you already). Because I’m reducing things down to a core collection, I now keep a tally of how many of my magazines go into the recycling. I have targets. But oh, the glories of issues past.

I bought a few December 2020 Spanish issues from newsstand – that anniversary Elle with Christy (I got the pink portada) and the Vanity Fair with Ines Sastre. I also put in an advance order for the anniversary French Elle, but today I see I’ve got the week wrong, so I’ve had to do it again. At least each issue is only French and a fiver, it won’t go to waste.

The news of Arp’s departure from German Vogue led me to scour ebay for a cheap old copy of any issue I hadn’t bought before, I found one with Magdalena W on the cover (Oct 2008) that people here hated at the time, but looks good now. I considered going on a spree to rebuy some of the 90s issues, but I did enough spending in November on vintage Vogue Italias.

Finally received my copy of Harry’s Vogue cover. Also bought the december issue of Vogue Mexico and the september one of Vogue Spain.

Screenshot_2020-12-17-02-35-43.png Vogue Latin America from July to December of this year. I didn't find april and may/june here :'( But the magazines are gorgeous. I print look better than digital. The next month I will buy back issues of Latin GQ.

26 issues of Vogue Ukraine, 13 of them i already have, but this lady sold it for a symbolic price and i have to get whole pack. I will sell or trade extra copies.

Plus i am collecting catalogs (much more passionate than magazines) so i had 9 titles

Dries Van Noten ss 2001 with Delfine Bafort, this year i finally filled my Dries van Noten imagery catalogs collection - since SS 1999 until FW 2002 Dries released fabulous catalogs with ad campaigns (and not only fashion show like always). Tom Munro, Yelena Yemchuk, Nathaniel Goldberg, Lee Jenkins and others shot them, lots of Belgian models, Guinevere, Stella Tennant were feature. It is pure Dries, very moody and avant-guardian. My pride, they are all very rare and this year i finally picked 4 catalogs which i missed since SS 2000. So 2020 is not that bad year for my collection)

Thierry Mugler (iconic FW 1996 catalog, i saw it in my childhood and i finally have it)
Iceberg Jeans by Nathaniel Goldberg with Annie Morton
Ck Jeans ss 2002 with Jess Miller
Stephane Marais (its a part of the book, but i didn't find it yet, and since it's vintage, it might be missed in the book so i bought it just in case)

CK Jeans FW 2000 with Angela Lindvall by Steven Klein (14 cards)

Paul Smith - i collect Mario Testino and Carine Roitfeld, and always admire their collaboration

SS 1998

SS 1999 with Kirsty Hume and her Husband

FW 1999

And another one today - additions to my Vintage Vogue Paris collection with 10 mint issues from 1972-1975 from one lady who traveled in France back then and still got them all. also at a very good price

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->