What To Wear On An Airplane

Just flew home I wore black sweater red skirt black tights black kate spade flats cream trench black and white DVF bag. it was uber comfy and stylish as well I never wear jeans on the plane they get uncomfortable.

sophia - that is a really stylish outfit!
For my short European trips on business - I wear my business suits as I go directly from work and come back directly from a meeting. Only shoes are killing me - no matter high or kitten hills - which I use for traveling only - after 2 days walking and flying - they start feel uncomfortable...

not that I fly often..but one rule of thumb is to have a warm cardigan or hoodie, because of the freezing ac they blast on planes.

I was waiting for my dad at the arrivals today, and my eyes popped out of my head at all these hiiiigh-heeled and stiletto-clad women who were leaving the airport with all their luggage after a flight. They were dressed to the nines as well. I was completely unable to admire their stylishness, all I could think of was pain, pain, pain.

Totally agree. The worst are the pointy heels with Juicy track suit and a LV monogram bag it is just so :sick:

Juicy Suits are a biiiiig "NO-NO" for me on airplanes. so tacky

I admit I wear cashmire juicy pants with a different T-shirt, cashmire cardi and a big cashmire scarf and my lavin flatsfor a flights longer than 10 hours

^ As long as you dont have a LV monogram and some awful white pointy toe pumps and sunglasses you are ok

oh i'm so happy this thread exist!!
anyone have photos to show? pls! some inspiration is needed.
i'm flying next week from europe (cold weather) to asia (hot weather).
i always look terrible and feel terrible after a long flight.

I really really try to avoid checking luggage so I pick the most comfortable thing that I would have otherwise packed to save on space. I was just traveling to NY and miami and I wore jeans, aa tank, rick owens shearling jacket, and MJ combat boots. I need to remember to wear jeans that dont need a belt next time since that was a pain taking it off through security.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanilla Lush
This is what I wore on my last flight going form really cold to really hot I wore a tank under my sweater and took off the hat gloves and scarf.
Photo78-1.jpg

Photo79-1.jpg

My default aircraft-wear is a polo + cardigan, or a medium-weight sweater, paired with jeans or trousers, finished off with shoes.

Although I definately wear suits or sportscoat and pants when its a company-paid business flight.

Basically something comfortable and will keep me snug and warm.

oh man. i have a forty eight hour flight in a couple of weeks. i say some soft denim (if you can find one, paper denim & cloth is a good brand) and a white tshirt, with layers, like a cardigan and a light jacket. this would be if you still wanted to look decent.
ill probably go in my AA genie sweatpants, or thick black leggings, soft t shirt, and hoodie, and my anorak. im trying to find a soft leather black backpack to wear! i really want the alexander wang one, but thats sooo out of my price range!

they look so comfy sophia. i've never had any luck with pants or jeans from h&m.

thanks for the denim tip malina i'll try to look if we have that brand here.

My last flight (about 2 weeks ago) I wore:
Black cotton leggings
White babydoll top (also cotton)
Gray shawl-collar cardigan
Print jamawar shawl (about as big as a blanket--love!)
black ankle boots
big *ss bag for all of my carry-on necessities (magazines, water, magazines, iPod, magazines...)

I think the most important thing is layering with breathable fabrics, as many people have said above. And be sure your shoes come off easily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->