What To Wear On An Airplane

black cotton leggings
racerback tanktop....with comfortable aritzia hoodie..
ugg boots or havanians for the summer.
louis vuitton luggage and my favorite handbag of the season.

^ I can't imagine denim soft enough for a 48 hour flight :lol:

Well, I have a pair of wide-legged Rag & Bone that I've worn on long flights in complete comfort...but they're very thin denim...

In most cases though, I agree, denim isn't the most comfortable option for a long flight.

i always wear formal stuff (shirt/cardigan/overcoat/dress shoes) because i've found that it actually makes the staff at the airport and on the airplane treat me better.

I hate to say it but UGGs (for the extremely cold plane rides) and sweatpants and tees are the best way to go.
The last time I went on a plane I wore a short-sleeved dress and Christian Louboutin wedges, my feet were blue and my arms were freezing.
I am always freezing on planes! They have the air-con up so high, but that makes it all the better to get the whoosh of hot air as you step off the plane [if you're going somewhere warm obviously...]

i always wear formal stuff (shirt/cardigan/overcoat/dress shoes) because i've found that it actually makes the staff at the airport and on the airplane treat me better.

I am trying to imagine the treatment that could induce me to dress up for a transatlantic flight :lol:

I'm tall (5"11) so I cannot for the life of me wear anything tight (read: jeans) because I feel so constricted and claustrophobic.

I love wearing jersey trousers, layering some knits and a warm scarf. I freeze on planes!

I'd wear shirt and jeans on the plane. It's really unconfortable on plane and I'd try to dress the simplest.

For long, international flights, I'm practically in jammies all the way, unless I'm going to see relatives or am going to do something straight off the plane, which is rare.

If the flight is relatively short - say under 5 or 6 hours, I'll wear a dress and heels, or a blazer with riding boots.

you should receive good customer service no matter what you look like. don't dress up just to have other people treat you better. speak with confidence, hold your head up high, and ask for what you want instead of dressing up to lookin like a high roller just to get service you deserved in the first place.

i always wear my normal outfit. not anythiung special, just a shirt & jeans... but i always need a thick pullover ^_^

you should receive good customer service no matter what you look like. don't dress up just to have other people treat you better. speak with confidence, hold your head up high, and ask for what you want instead of dressing up to lookin like a high roller just to get service you deserved in the first place.

It ought to be that way, but it often isn't. Let's not kid ourselves, the image you project affects the way people treat you, in most aspects of life. And there are various perks you can strive for when you're flying.

It's a long shot, but if an airline causes you trouble like mixing up your luggage, sometimes you can even get a free upgrade to Business or First class, if you're really polite. You don't have to look like a wealthy jetsetter, but wearing your pj's won't cut it either.

It's possible to dress smartly and still be ultra-casual and comfortable. I don't equate a comfortable flight with wearing sweatpants and crocs. I also want to feel comfortable within myself, and to me, that means looking reasonably presentable to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
the last time I was on a plane, i wore some loose ripped jeans and a t-shirt with The Joker motif on it, plus a chunky cardigan to go over it. I think they key thing here is comfort, especially if its a long flight! I was only flying to Paris, so it was a short flight (thank goodness, i'm a terrible flyer!).

When I fly I tend to wear jeans, and a nice top and a cardigan, and some comfy flats with a big purse to keep all my carry on items in.

always a pair of skinny jeans, a soft/flowy top, and a fab pair of sandals.

i went on holiday this past december, so i had to re-think this strategy . . :lol:
opted instead for a loose grey american apparel t, shrunken navy wool blazer, grey skinny jeans & a softer than soft fuchsia cashmere scarf.
so warm + comfie. :heart:
i always keep accessories to a minimum: a necklace or two & nothing more.

the only thing i ever have a problem with is what handbag to take . . and furthermore, what to put inside it . .!
i hardly ever need what i pack [save for my passport, wallet & cellphone].

i wear something comfy and light during flights. and removing and putting on shoes during airport inspections can be such a hassle... so the shoes must be really something easy to put on.

sometimes i hate the feeling of wearing jeans, it made me feel heavy, so i prefer to wear thick tights, i got cold easily on plane. with a long loose baby doll dress in a light comfortable material, preferably with sandal, thin cardigan and a thick jacket

honestly i find that i have to do the same as well. once i went with sweatpants and a big shirt with comfy birkenstock clogs and the staff totally treated me like a kid and barely acknowledged my presence when i came to the ticket counter to get my bags ticketed. then a couple of weeks later i had my hair blown out, wore a trench coat, skinny jeans, black patent flats, and carried my louis vuitton speedy and practically had the whole staff waiting on me. two different appearances and i was definitely treated better if i looked good or presentable.:huh:

I am flying tomorrow and I am going first class which I dont usually do I feel like I should dress better than jeans and a sweater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->