When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

13 -- I used make up my mom had given me to "play" with. I started wearing only eyeliner, but very subtly so, and gradually over time I began exploring with foundation, mascara, bronzer, etc. By the time I was seventeen I was an expert, no lie! But I didn't get the courage to confidently wear lipstick until I was 18.

Age 12 – tinted lip gloss (the closest thing to lipstick my mother would allow), pressed powder from Clinique

Age 13 - lipstick and mascara. Mostly cheap drugstore type (like .99 cheap!).

Age 14 – discovered MAC! By then, I had an afterschool job so I was able to afford decent lipstick and liner in colors that didn’t make look crazy like the drugstore type did.

Age 15 – Foundation from Clinique since my acne was so bad (I’m sure it didnt help though)

I started at about 10 to wear lipgloss. Then at 11 eyeshadow and a bit of other stuff. Now a few years later I am using Bobbi Brown powder and wearing light full face makeup

I bought my first palatte of 3 eyeshadows from Covergirl when I was 12 with my best friend. Then in high school I started wearing eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, concealer, and the whole shebang.

Started full face makeup a month ago, I am 17 :D! I started eyeliner around 14-15, but didn't know what I was doing so I stopped. I started again because it really makes such a difference!

I wasn't entirely educated about makeup until my college years. I used to swear off certain things like lip liner and eyebrow pencils, but I can't imagine going without now.

Gosh, I dont even remember lol... Prolly when I was in school, in senior classes.But nowadays I wear much less make up then I used to, I just dont need much and of course it depends on the occasion.

Around 13 or 14, like seriously. I wore some makeup when I was younger, but it was like eyeshadow here and there, you know.

im natural blonde so all hair on face (cilia, eyebrows) were ablolutely invisible and my father adviced me to start paint it a little...was around my 14-15 y/o...but at that time i painted my hace much more than now, now more lazy to do that procedure every day)))

19 or 20 i can t remember exactly and even then it was just gloss and maybe a colored eye pencil.
i only bought my first bottled foundation a few months ago.
i usually just use mac powder and concealer
i don t like to look like i have a lot of make up during the day, but i always do a smokey eye at night

Last edited by a moderator:
eye shadow and lipgloss 13 ish
liner and mascara 15 16
full on lipstick blush and all now so 17 18

Well, my mum was very into her expensive make up, so I started borrowing her loose powder around 12, then I started with foundation about 13 with mascara and eyeliner at the same time. Never ever to school though, just clubbing and gigging, because I needed to look eighteen to get into clubs and sixteen to buy cigarettes. I didn't even know what blusher was till i was about seventeen!

when i was six. i used lipstick, blush and lip gloss:smile:
i had a strong belief that I was a supermodel
I was home schooled in pre-school, so i had plenty time to use up my moms make up, and spray up myself with dior.
i was such a Madonna fan so i loved the fact that both of us had matching birth marks so she was such an inspiration to me :smile:

I've worn lipstick, liner and mascara a few times, but I've never worn full on make-up and I'm 20. I don't even know where to begin.

Make up was Strictly forbidden for me until I was about 16. I had to beg to be able to wear flavored lip balms. I remember all my friends were allowed to wear make up, it made me so upset, I used to sneak it in my purse and put some on at school. I got caught one time and got in big trouble. :rolleyes:

I was always in trouble at school, not for wearing make up, but I remember when a bunch of girls who wore make up did me a make over (I hadn't a clue what to do with make up) and my headmistress grabbed my by the arm and pushed my head into a full sink of water and then forced me to wash every last bit off my face. I hated her!

I've been wearing lipgloss practically forever.. Probably since I was about 8. I went through a bit of a phase where I wore like, every different coloured eyeshadow possible. I had quite an obsession with face glitter too, and now I cringe whenever I look at old photos.

I started wearing lipgloss when I was around 14, and then lipstick when I was 15. To this day I pretty much only wear lipstick. Every now and then I put on eyeliner.

I started playing with makeup when I was about 15, against my mother’s wishes...
It was only eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss... then I started playing with eye shadows and blushes, eventfully onto foundations. It wasn’t really until I turned 18 that I was starting to experiment with a full face of makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->