Who Was Better For Chloé?

Pheobe Philo......:woot: ,I like her design
BTW, I always see this dress on the magazine......
00370f.jpg

But how do you know who did what unless you worked in the design studio and saw them working - how can anyone be sure?

A few weeks ago I met the girl who 'supposedly' designs the Jade Jagger 'designed' jewellery for Garrard. Can anyone be completely sure who did what unless we worked there?

three cheers for the queen

When I first heard that Phoebe would take over after Stella I wasn't sure if she carry the house on her own, but as I seen each collection that she did I fell in love with her. I think she is the queen of french, boho, rock and roll chic. Also I think that she gets stronger with each collection.

i luv stella more... she gave the company youth and edge... phoebi took the house in another direction... its more softer now.

I heard that the horse and banana collection that everyone loves was in fact Phoebe's idea! But as Stella was the chief designer at the time, all the credits goes to her! I don't think Stella is great! Just look at what she's doing with her own lable. Big financial trouble! I love Philo's work!

i also loved stella more, to be honest. there was something fascinating about her clothes that i miss with phoebe whose designs are more "real" to me......it's never like: whoa, i'm stunned beyond. the clothes are nice and beautiful, without a doubt, but more about being wearable than fantasy.....

While I do love Pheobe to bits:heart: :heart: :heart: , there is just something about Stella's work that really appeals to me... A bit of an intangible quality really, but I will have to go with stell a on this one

Clare needs to go, the s/s 16 collection was just terrible and its got boring overall. even Hannah was better for it

Hannah jumpstarted the 70's revival before everyone joined the bandwagon.
Hannah brought Denim into high fashion territory before it became a seasonal staple.
Hannah presented sweatpants before they were even a trend.

I feel like she really could have turned Chloe into something more than just a killer accessories brand. First you noticed the clothes, then you discovered the accessories, both of which were on point. Clare is nothing special. Her first few seasons were decent but as time goes by she's losing relevance. The Faye and Drew bags are good but is that enough to keep the Chloe name afloat in the long run? We'll find out, but the clothes aren't helping.

Clare's f/w 15.16 was so boring but in the same time it was really beautiful and now you can see a lot of rip-offs at Zara or H&M. But oh gosh her last collection was awful and yes, she needs to go. Her first collections were great, but she lost it and she wanted to be like Phoebe Philo.
And you should remember that Chloé has been selling Susanah boots, and they were designed by Anderson. They should have let him to design more collections.

As it's a bit irrelevant to mention Stella & Phoebe, i would say Paolo M.A.
He was great for Chloé because his Chloé had the spirit of Karl's Chloé. It was sexy, a bit risky and a great departure from the last few years of Phoebe.

His FW 2008 is still IMO the best Chloé collection of the last 6 years. Everything was perfect in that collection.

Hannah was great but i feel like she wasn't able to fully develop her vision for the house: she came after PMA who took a lot of risks and she carried that Phoebe weight that limited her creativity. She did some great things but her "python" collection was a disaster.

And Claire...
She is good for the house. Chloé seems to do well financially with her, + See By Chloé has become more important.
I think she can do great things but maybe when the numbers will be enough for the executives...Because her Chloé is very "trendy, sellable clothes for the market".
Her spring collection lacked of pure fashion proposition.

And you should remember that Chloé has been selling Susanah boots, and they were designed by Anderson. They should have let him to design more collections.

Those Susanah boots were designed by Gianni Versace...But Paolo had the great idea to copy them.:smile:

As it's a bit irrelevant to mention Stella & Phoebe, i would say Paolo M.A.

His FW 2008 is still IMO the best Chloé collection of the last 6 years. Everything was perfect in that collection.

Yes! I really miss his days at Chloe. And F/W 2008 is still my fav Chloe collection.

Oddly enough I think some of the best collections the house churned out were Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 which were designed by the in house team. They seemed to get torn apart by the press but they still stand out in my mind so vividly. I also wish PMA had got a chance to show more his collections were great and I still go back and look at them quite often.

I didn't much care for Hannah when she was at the house but some of her collections weren't too bad. I feel like right now if the house wants to stay relevant it needs to start pushing more of a fashion identity and not coast along with current trends.

Stella McCartney !
(and Karl)

Stella for Chloe was much more diverse, fun and young ...
I mean remember Gisele in gold and denim panties ? Esther Canadas rocking those skirts and pants (the PANTS, according to my cousin, were the best jeans at the time !) ETC. ?

Then, they focused too much on the english romantic blond girl ... The early years of Phoebe were good, tho. And we can't deny the fact she is the one who really put Chloe on the map ... but it also corresponds of a complete globalization of the fashion market (w asia and south america entering the game)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->