Why Are You Into Models?

carola

Reaction score
I was around 15-16 when I saw an Elle (Elle France or Elle Spain I think, not sure..) cover of Karen Elson at the shop and I was in awe, I bought it and read her story and even before reading it, I felt so identified with her look, like she wasn't ugly but she was odd and quirky; I was always surrounded by gorgeous girls at school and though I wasn't ugly, I wasn't gorgeous like them either, I always had beauty issues until I saw that cover. Those days fashion magazine covers were invaded by Amber and Shalom and Nadja, when I saw Karen it was like I finally arrived. Around 1999 I started buying more fashion magazines and that's when I really got into it, the photography, the models, the clothes, the hair and makeup.. I wouldn't wanna be a model, or a photographer, or designer or makeup artist (I lack creativity, I used to be very creative when I was younger but it faded away), but I enjoy so much looking at clothes and hair and the latest models and cool editorials and covers. So that's my reason for liking models so much, what about you guys??

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
It's pretty simple, actually. :ninja: I just like looking at beautiful people.
Well said, lol.

very interesting topic, thanks for posting carola :flower:

since i'm not that interested in models.. i always wondered why you guys are so into models? :unsure:

I'm not THAT into models, but they're nice to look at (especially when they're on the runway). Since they're real skinny, clothing looks good on them. I get to see how the clothing looks, not how the body looks. When I see models, I sometimes feel inspired to lose some weight. I may grow out of the whole "I want to lose weight" phase someday, but right now I'm still into it.

i like models...because well. hmm...i just like beautiful women

but i've been thinking about it a lot more and don't think of me differently but
the idea of being with a model is appealing because for lots of school i felt like a nobody
and to be accepted by someone like a model or celebrity, or being a celebrity yourself, just sort of always appealed to me.

i was thinking one of the reasons i was so driven is so that i could prove myself to everyone in school that popularity and all that bullsh*t doesn't matter.

but i'm happy with myself now and i guess i just still like models. some guys like trains...i like models.

but i like people with brains better. so if a model is smart ...well then...BAM. :heart:

I guess my interest in models varies. I find a few that I like and follow them a bit. I just like the whole idea of glamour and romance so any model that exudes that, I find myself enthralled with him or her.

:heart:

It's just that every Runway show that I've done..all of the girls..are all hot in
their own way..and I love to look at them...I love being close with them..because
they're just so beautiful and have unique personalities..and so do I..that's why
I love models and modeling..it's just :heart:

Natasha V, Dewi D, Leticia B, Luca G. are just some of my fave.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

:blush:

They're beautiful, usually have a very cool, funky styles, and seem to lead lives I would like.

I think my attitude about why I like models is it's like the guy who likes baseball. They are interested in stats, team trades, new players etc. I like knowing about who's doing what campaign or show and who's new.

To be honest, it started off for me in middle school... browsing through mags looking through beautiful pictures comparing one with another. I'm kind of a perfectionist and thus highly critical of everything, including image. I got scouted on my highschool trip to New York a couple of years back, so that intensified my fascination with them. But by that time, it was the clothes that I adored more, and models just became second-nature to the collections and their designers, as it should be :heart:

great topic!
i think i became interested in models because i always used to flick through my mum's vogues and admire them for their great fashion sense and bodies and then when i read interviews with models i became interested in their personalities more than their looks.

they are entertainers in their own way. Just imagine Naomi on the ramp they add a life to fashion. without them fashion would be unbearably dull!
Just think of the ads, covers...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 20th, 2004 - 9:46 pm
same here.....i like kissing them too :kiss: etc etc

I didn't use to be interested in models because I couldn't really identify with them, but then one day I was browsing Style.com and I saw that slideshow about Gemma Ward. Suddenly, I found a model who resembled me and how I looked! And everyone was saying how beautiful and unusual she looked with her girlish face and big eyes; It made me realize that you don't have to look like some Amazonian bronzed goddess to be considered beautiful :blush:
Anyway, after that I really got into models because they inspired me to wear what I think looks good and not what everyone else was wearing; that I can have my own fashion sense and that I can wander off the path to discover my own style :flower:

Oh yeah, they also inspire me to be thin :innocent: haha

I am interested in models and the modeling industry in general. Models because I like studying them and their clothes/make-up. I am amazed at the differences and similarities that they have. I love paging through magazines and looking at them!

The industry itself interests me because of my younger sister. :flower:

Great topic by the way Carola! :flower:

Models are just like mannequins to me...I'm sure in real life some of them are lovely people but so are many other people...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
I dont think people look at the face of models,high fashion models especially most of the time, I think its basically based on body structure(height,thinness etc).

Originally posted by *DrAma*+Jun 21st, 2004 - 2:51 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*DrAma* @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 2:51 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
I dont think people look at the face of models,high fashion models especially most of the time, I think its basically based on body structure(height,thinness etc). [/b][/quote]
Personally, I believe that physical beauty is a combination of both facial features and body. And yes, the faces of high fashion models are given equal priority as well. That's why they're used for advertisements and editorials as well as runway.
It's about the entire package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susername77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->