Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2015.16 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Yohji-Yamamoto-RTW-FW15-Paris-5774-1425672517-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Oh dear, I just can't handle such perfection.

Be still my heart. This is absolute perfection. Thank god for Yohji who never ever disappoints. One of my favourite collections from him in quite some time. The drapings! the darkness! The capes! The incredible elegance! So so amazing.

Perfection indeed. Very wearable and easy but eycapturing. The only reservation I have is toward the red but I guess he had to throw in some "color".

yohji back to his roots! classic red on black and a few big exquisite showpieces.....so yohji i grew up watching.

^^ no way, he wanted to! aren't his reds often a climax in his collections? :P

Sometimes I think it's crazy that he's still doing this (fashion, whatever you want to call it) after all these years, but what's crazier is that he's still so good, never a questionable moment, and steady as one or two in his field (Margaret Howell and I don't know who else), you can see all these values and love when looking at his work..

... now that slouchy velvet jacket :wub:..

it's gorgeous - those luxurious knits and velvets, mmmmm ... - and i love the eye makeup! :heart:

but all day i've been musing over those "show pieces" - are they batwings and spiderwebs, or is that just the inner goth in me talking? :P:wink:

Nobody in fashion can master the use of black like Yohji, this isn't dull nor boring. :heart:

Gorgeous from every angle, it's the right mix of minimalism and drama! I love it, I love it, give me more!

It sounds weird but i totally see Mona Lisa and the Renaissance influence in this collection. Just beautiful!

you know what i wonder...
why do so few people comment on this collection?

is it that they just don't like it?
is it that they just don't understand it?
is it that they just don't even look at it?
is it that they just want to see their fave model?
is it that they aren't educated enough about fashion and design to comment intelligently/coherently?
maybe it's because it doesn't look like anything else so they can't immediately say-
"this reminds me of so and so"...?

it doesn't really matter but i can't help but wonder...
:ermm:...

certainly this isn't boring...
and yohji's work influences more designers than i can count...
(though alexander wang comes immediately to mind...:angry:)

i mean...
look at the entire world of activewear and designer collabs...
yohji pioneered that with Y-3...
that never existed until he came up with it...

THIS is everything i want to be...
http://imgbox.com/jOKiOE7Q
there is the d*amn hat i've been looking for...!!!
:wub:

*and this show makes me more glad than i can say that i bought a yohji cape when i was in tokyo last year...
:woot:...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another beautiful collection from Yohji! I absolutely adore the capes.

Salute to the master,remarkable work as always.

^^ no way, he wanted to! aren't his reds often a climax in his collections? :P

Sometimes I think it's crazy that he's still doing this (fashion, whatever you want to call it) after all these years, but what's crazier is that he's still so good, never a questionable moment, and steady as one or two in his field (Margaret Howell and I don't know who else), you can see all these values and love when looking at his work..

... now that slouchy velvet jacket :wub:..
hmmm...yes...
first time i've been attracted to velvet in ages...
the kimono sleeves also feel extremely modern and luxurious to me right now...

:heart:

It sounds weird but i totally see Mona Lisa and the Renaissance influence in this collection. Just beautiful!

You know, it kinda feels like Renaissance-y, constricting clothes liberated, stripped away and made simpler. It has a remarkable element of freedom. He's always been great, but this... this is just genius. Iconic.

you know what i wonder...
why do so few people comment on this collection?

Maybe bcs Yohji is not a brand under limelight like LV,CHANEL,DIOR so and so, see those long thread full of comments,but it doesn't matter, he is always my favorite designer, he don't have to prove himself with ways other than his design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->