Yohji Yamamoto Menswear F/W 2021.22 Paris

The guy Faust, who used to be on here? I bet he'll be all over this. In fact the first thing that came to mind when I saw Look 1-4 was how similar it looks to his avatar.

I'm not usually a Yohji fan but I like how rich and luxe this looks, down to the volumes. One of his best collections in years, IN MY OPINION ......before YohjiAddict screams at me for spouting blasphemy :lol:

I'm sure I'll be well hung for sayin this, but this, to me, is the very picture of fashion that tries too hard.

There's way more elements that I hate, than elements that I like...the oversized neoprene-ish coats; the prints; that one image of the lady w/ the f-hole tattoo on her back (I'm not pinterested in that image at all); then you have the excess straps & buckles everywhere, including the pants; then there's all those quotes that I don't have desire to google; all mixed up in YYs signature brand of oversized cutting, which, IMO, works better on his womenswear than it does here. And then there's the shoes.

That's not to say I hate YY menswear necessarily. He definitley has a unique look that's all but impossible to copy, and he's had many fantastic collections in the past, but in recent years, his menswear is crippity-crap-crap-crap, IMO.

The guy Faust, who used to be on here? I bet he'll be all over this. In fact the first thing that came to mind when I saw Look 1-4 was how similar it looks to his avatar.

I'm not usually a Yohji fan but I like how rich and luxe this looks, down to the volumes. One of his best collections in years, IN MY OPINION ......before YohjiAddict screams at me for spouting blasphemy :lol:
Agreed! I loved the balance of the tough, strong silhouettes paired with the soft, more giving fabrics. Echoing your tone, this menswear collection was one of his best in recent memory.

I'm really not a fan of those big neoprene coats/jackets. They look so bulky and out of place with Yohji's work and his refined silhouettes. Otherwise, there are still some great looks even if there is a bit too much going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->