Your Home

Honey

Reaction score
Since we just remodeled our home, we've spent a lot of time looking at paint samples, fabric, new furniture, ect . . .

Which got me thinking, does your living space reflect your fashion taste?

Do you prefer plain and classic clothing, and decorate your home in a similar fashion? Or do you wear classic and simple clothing, but decorate your home in brilliant colors, with modern shapes/designs?

Feel free to include pictures of any furniture, artwork... anything that defines your living space.

:flower:

* I'll be back with photo's of my choices :smile:

Oh good topic!!

I live in a studio apartment here in madison.

I have an all red kitchen, red dishes, blender, coffee maker all over my fridge is the BEBE fashion ad magnets, I got them all.

Then I have bright red leather furntiure.

I have modern beachwood furniture, the Yellow, blue and red peach blossom RL bedding.

red and blue paper laterns.

Old movie posters for Breakfast at tiffanys

a Martini print by forney

And my bathroom is RL leopard print and bright red.

YES good topic!

my taste in interior design reflects my taste in fashion... whites, cremes, dark taupes, browns, greens, reds... earth tones with a lot of black... classic mixed with i hate this term shabby chic.... i like to mix new and old, classic , fresh i love floral prints, dried flowers.... we redid a house last year and it is still changing. i think i want to paint our bathroom a dark chocolate brown ...... :smile:

Right now my room is bright red, I have paintings and posters on the wall, some sculptures here and there and lots of books.

It all looks simple but with a twist.

In about a month I'm moving into an other room in the house. That room will have cream colored walls and i'm going to frame some of my black and white pictures.

If it reflects my style? My style is very simple but I usually wear one piece that stands out to make it seem more eclectic. For example if I'm wearing just a plain t-shirt, jeans and running shoes I would most likely wear a black and white scarf.

Yes I think my liveing space reflects my fashion taste, wich it hink reflects my taste in gerneral.

My room is cream I have lots of pictures of fairy tales, hindu gods, fashion photos. I ahve a cople of collages I amde on my walls wich are mostly glitter mixt with photos, paint and words. i have a small "shrine" with pictures of my friends, crystals, candales, incescence and other spiritual objects.

I have mostly modern furniture: a simple wood bed, a low danish designed table with records and a cd player on it, a brown dresser that has a diaganol slope with very art novue handals, I also have white semi opaque cube shelves and my favorite thing of all my red Eames chair :heart:

I have little white lights and lanters strung around.

Its all a bit of a mess.

Not at all. My style changes all the time depending on my mood. You will never find me dressed in the latest trends just because its trendy...I'm the type of person who values comfort over anything. So if I'm comfortable in a mini skirt or track pants thats how you'll find me.

My parents house is done in a very classic Victorian style. Everything is cherry wood, dolies all over every peice of furniture. Its very mundane.

My apartment also doesn't suit my style. I live with a control neat freak of a sister who shadows my mothers style. Again, everything is cherry wood and dolies on everything.

My room has a bit of a twist. I have painted it bright yellow (it keeps me happy during the long winters) and I have stuffed animals and picture frames all over the room to keep it "young looking". My room actually looks lived in compared to the rest of the apartment.

The only thing I did was last summer while my sister went on vacation, I decided to paint the apartment! The entire house was done in WHITE and I changed every single room. The living room was painted a dark shade of green and the hall way was a lighter shade. The kitchen was painted baby and midnight blue, the bathroom remained white, but I retitled the floors to give it a new look. I painted my sisters room a cherub rose colour to match her comforter sets. It gave her room a soft victorian look which she appericated....and my room YELLOW! I left all the ceilings and doorways white to give the rooms extra dimension!

I can't wait until my boyfriend moves into his condo. He'll let me decorate the place in my style....more contempoary...modern

I am not old enough to live on my own but my room is a turquoise color with a cd wall were i have cds up so i can see them all then i have my lp's up and a wall and a colage of posters,pics of friends and models.

this is an awsome topic

I personally love a mixture of american art deco and modernism. I'm usually more bold with my furniture choices than I am with my clothing. But I still stick with the rules of sleek, usually black or one solid bold color.

lc4_lieg.jpg

I adore that chair...

max.jpg

modern5.jpg

as you can tell I like things neat and clean :P

A2-LCH_Door.jpg

Hope all of these photo's aren't too big! :flower:

My home somewhat reflects my taste in fashion. I wear many classic pieces mixed with interesting/trend items. I love to wear black with colorful or unique accessories. Most of the walls in my home are cream or khaki colored, but my furniture is big, blue or black with lots of small touches that reflect things I love-lots of books, black frames and figurines, animal print rugs and lots of framed photos of loved ones. My kitchen is blue and cream with all black appliances. It a simple background with eclectic accessories.

honey i like your style, very much B&B, Maxalto, mobile effe :heart: my style is pretty much the same when it comes to furniture, but i love mixing very modern with very classic, like an oriental silk persian rug with that black sofa, classic wall covering with modern seats, & so on..

my husband & I have been living in our villa for a little over a year, he had furnished it with basics before we got married, everything looks good but our bedroom (the most important room in the house) is soooooo not my style.

in our house, the basics are all there: couches, sofas, armchairs, curtains, flooring, dining table, & so on.. but the accessories aren't! i'm still searching for nice lighting, shades, picture lights, paintings, art work, small ornaments & nice rugs... it's a 5 bedroom villa with A LOT of empty space & walls...

i've been buying a few pieces here & there whenever i'd find something that's nice as well as unique, but sometimes i get so picky that one year wasn't enough to fill up those empty spaces, added to the fact that in this part of the world the number of options is limited to a few stores, ...i don't mind taking a few years to complete the whole thing, as long as i end up living in house that reflects me :blush:

Well... I live at my mom's ... the theme of the house is pink!
Most of the details (curtains/rugs/wood/furniture) are either that color or white ...
I have problems organizing, so my room is white minimal (that's the only way it'll be clean and tidy!) ... It's not very much my style ... only the white part!

I'm very into the minimalistic look.

Cool colours contrasted with sharp, dark colours. :heart:

Classic furniture and unique accessories, like a throw rug, or a beautiful plant :woot:

my house is done in a very simple, minimalistic way, eg. white walls, white couches, black coffee tables, rice paper shades in ecru, basic and clean, wood floors, no carpets.

beach stones from fave coasts as decoration.

love keeping a touch of colour via flowers in vases though.

nothing classical or romantic here, just plain simple lines

im not old enough to have my place aswell.....well, not according to my parents anyway! (but i kind of like living with them...its so peaceful and easy!)

we live in an apartment. and we've created the "Maroon Atmosphere". you know, afghan and persian carptes, antiques, bright yellow lights, original paintings (including mine!!!), thick white self design drapes, hand made cushion covers, antique artifacts and boxes from all over the world.

i'll post pics soon!! :flower:

I'm renting a furnished apartment... It's basically beige and brown with dark period furniture. Not my style at all. :yuk:

HoneyB, that is Tom Ford's apartment :lol: I remember seeing this in a magazine about a year ago. Either that or it looks like a copy exact :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Issey@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 3:58 pm
HoneyB, that is Tom Ford's apartment :lol: I remember seeing this in a magazine about a year ago. Either that or it looks like a copy exact :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I inherited tons of antique furniture and art, mostly from the home in which I grew up but from my husband's family as well. It is largely very early American furniture which is surprisingly practical, if a bit uncomfortable. So for the most part, our house has lots of wood and books and little upholstery and chi-chi...

The only trouble with inheriting a lot is that I find it difficult to get rid of anything. It feels like selling one's child... :huh:

I live at the students dorm rooms here in Fort Lauderdale, which is terrible, because this has a really weird story. This used to be a wh*re house (no wonder im here now... :lol: ) and people killed a lot of prostitutes in this area. The place got burned down, and several years later, they built a Days Inn hotel, which went out of business, because people were experiencing weird feelings and sounds at 1am around the second floor... moaning sounds, pipes dropping, high heels running... its weird :cry: !! so, I dont really care about decorating, because I inherited old miami hotel furniture, and all I can have is some little decor, which consists on red and purple stuff... :ninja:

Here is the link, for those interested... first, some states where you can find haunted history

Haunted places

And my dormroom :cry:

Fort Lauderdale Art Institute student dorms

Originally posted by Issey@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 6:58 am
Well, for your information, I choose those pieces at random. If you read other peoples posts, a lot of people enjoy that look.

It's not a copy, it's a general style. I was just using the pieces of furniture as examples.
Please remember that they can look completely different once put into someones home... with their rugs, their walls, their photographs. It's not my fault that the furniture is accesorized the way it is in the photograph. I was just trying to convey my style.

Get over yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->