Your Home

I'm on my way home from Shanghai which I just furnished. So I'll have to say that my style was definitely stamped in that house.

I chose these modern pale yellow cushioned couches contained with black leather and metal support... and a simple glass coffee table. So cosy =)

The bedrooms are tiny so I chose this modern simple bed with a simpe arching bedhead in a pale color wood with silver line on the top. & two bedside tables which is suppose to be good for the occupant, feng shui speaking

Then I have a few light colored wood armoires which serve as closets with drawers all simple lines with a silver lined detail and simple modern pulls.

Dining room is this round table that can transform to 2 sizes of table so I can eat by myself with a few friends or 6... The furniture is ebony and the chairs are modern and comfortable.

2 desks for my computer and work, they are both light wood again... I think I'm obsessed with keeping the furniture light colored simple lines and not big and bulky since the space is sooo small... but really comfortable black work chairs that can be wheeled.

Other than that I like to keep things simple, comfortable, and modern... =)

get over myself??? :lol: I just thought it was Tom Ford's apartment. SORRY GEEZ. I also enjoy that look :flower:

off topic
dear issey, annoying posts will not take you far here :flower:

Paris, your home sounds beautiful! Simplicity can go so far!

i live in an apartment building in Istanbul- my home very much reflects my style- i wanted every little thing to reflect 'me' -also designed bunch of the stuff myself.. it's in a MINIMALISTIC but FUNKY style so it's not boring or stiff in that sense....

i actually just adore my house :heart: :heart:

I live in an old Lace factory, which has been converted into apartments. It is very minimalist with white walls and exposed brick work and metal and wood beams. Although I am tired of the minimalist look.

I would like distressed looking walls and a huge chandelier and old french furniture with a mixture of new like B& B Italia. I love different textures and raw natural colours.

Originally posted by Seamless@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:53 pm
I live in an old Lace factory, which has been converted into apartments. It is very minimalist with white walls and exposed brick work and metal and wood beams. Although I am tired of the minimalist look.

I would like distressed looking walls and a huge chandelier and old french furniture with a mixture of new like B& B Italia. I love different textures and raw natural colours.
Wow that sounds sooo pretty.

Can I move in? :flower:

Originally posted by Seamless@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:53 pm

that look is right up my alley ... i love chandiliers with a mix of beat up rugged and textured....

Originally posted by Seamless@Nov 24th, 2003 - 1:53 pm

taht soudns fabulous :woot:

=) Thanks... I haven't gotten all the furniture in since it's custom made... but when I return to the house... I'll take pics =)

I love that you live in a converted commercial space to residential- caala... it sounds like a beautiful space to live in. Unfortunately in Shanghai, everything is new, modern, and the locals refer it that way associating new with better... which isn't always the case... I think both has it's charms and can live in any space as long as its furnished for my comfort, enjoyment, and that it says home... to me =)

Well I just moved out of my parents' house about two months ago, so I finally have the chance to have my home reflect who I am. But so far we haven't had either the time or the money to do very much with the place (we've painted all the walls white and moved all our stuff in, that's about it :wink: ), so I can't say it reflects my taste in a major way...but it is filled with the things I love, a little bit of old and a little bit of new (mostly old :ninja: all I can afford right now are flea markets and thrift shops). Lots of white and light colors, with a few splashes of color (like the green couch). We live in a two-bedroom apartment on the fifth floor, with a view of the ocean and the city.

Here are some pics, I might post some more when I've done more with the place.. :smile:

The living room/kitchen:

Attachments

• Stue.jpg
    Stue.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47
My favourite part of the house, the windows (as you can see I've already started decorating for christmas, at my bf's request :innocent: )

Attachments

• Vindu.jpg
    Vindu.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 25
The rest of the building (backyard) seen from my window:

Attachments

• Bakg_rd.jpg
    Bakg_rd.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 5
lovely CARAMEL :flower:

my room here is a BOUDOIR type.
very important fabrics such as orange velvet big striped curtains.
vieux rose and gold velvet embossed LOUIS XV big chairs (2)
bed coveerd with grey/goldish velvet throw
matching 1x1m cushions to sit on the floor (3)
2 wood wardrobes:
*1antique TUNISIAN :heart: for my clothes
*1 "jugendstil" for underwear and pants

wooden floor, gold embossed silk PERSIAN carpets

one LOUIS XV oval marble table

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back