Your Home

Wow! Everyone's places look & sound so nice!

Me, I live with my mom + her boyfriend in a 3 bedroom (but very small, not even cozy) apartment. It's very boring, actually. My favorite room is our bathroom, which looks like it belongs in a nice lil' log cabin/cottage, so that's not saying much. I suppose it's just a boring, old Saskatchewan apartment. Our view? A parking lot. :blush:

My boyfriend and I just moved to a classical 30's apt. about 2 months ago. My style is generally very minimal but I like to mix it up with 60's pieces. This combination is rather eccentric, which I like.

Here's a pic from my dining room.

Attachments

• n_tt_bor_.jpg
    n_tt_bor_.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 19
Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 20th, 2004 - 7:25 pm
your apartment is stunning!!
my new apartment will be in the same style :wink:
very modern, very simple, very chic :flower:

my parents are both designers (architechts would be the right way to call it but meh).
we've also got an apartment in kiev, which is completely differeny. i'll try to fish out the pictures since they were once published in some Deco mag.

Originally posted by micouture@Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:37 pm
I have an apt on the beach in Santa Monica. Allot of wenge (dark chocolate brown) wood furniture, very modern/minimal, lots of candles and natural colors. 2 huge mirrors, huge curtains. 150" front projection theather with full bose DTS surround system. some starck, some custom designed peices. I love Starck, Liagre, Holly Hunt, Luminaire, B&B, Flexform, etc. I plan to branch out into home furnishings soon with a few basic peices.
I found some pictures of my apt In Miami - My apt here in Santa Monica is very simlar and the most of the same furniture just laid out differently. The painting on the one wall is mine and thats me in front of my car in front of my apt building.

Attachments

• 1605.jpg
    1605.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 67
Does my living space reflect my fashion taste? As for now... absolutely not! As a student still in my teens, I still live with my parents (no suprise there); now I used to be a totally anal neat freak, but since entering into university, that has changed quite a bit. Despite the fact that we have a maid, my room is a total mess (I think she's actually scared now to even try and attempt to clean my room, as it takes me only one day to return it from clean to a total dump).

Actually, maybe my room does reflect one part of me, that is, my hair, as it is also a mess. The walls are plastered with anime wall scrolls, my paintings, shelving stacked with novels and vinyl action figures (micheal lau, kubrik, futura point man, gundams, etc.); the floors are littered with clothes, shoes, textbooks and notes; the desk is covered with stationaries, homework, loose leaf papers, sketchbooks, more vinyl figures and a desktop computer. Other things include my xbox, gamecube, HD... and well, you get the idea. Haha, even my mom has given up on convincing me to clean my room, as it is now an impossible task. The only real redeeming factor of my room is that it is fairly large and my nice and comfy bed by poliform... but that's about it.

Wait, I did forget to mention, there are two things that I consider to be insanely clean and organized, that is, my closet and my washroom. But that's about it.

- Cheers

Mine is different from my fashion taste, with some similarities ... but I also think that your decorating should reflect the space, if the space has character of its own ... I think that must be respected. So my house is cottage-style, and there are definite elements of that in my decorating. There's a lot of color, lots of detail, bold touches, and good solid furniture that will last forever ... all things in common with my wardrobe. But I would say my house is sweeter and more sentimental ...

My house reflects me very much. A lot of my pieces are unexepected, such as the large vintage wooden trunk we use as a coffee table and the vintage lantern that was used in coal mines that sits on top of it. I also really hate things that are matchy matchy, which is also a hallmark of how I dress and definitely shows up in my house. Everything somehow goes together, but isn't instantly matchy.

^ An excellent point about matchy ... that's true of me as well, probably even more at home. I like to mix new pine with vintage birdseye or tiger maple and oak, for instance ...

My apartment is definitely more eclectic and colorful than my style, which has turned down the minimalist route lately..

I really love the nostalgic feel to my space since it has a story. The house was built many decades ago, but my parents lived in the loft that I'm in now when I was only a baby. After they moved out, my dad rented out the rooms to different people and now I'm ending up here as a college student ^_^ free to decorate it as I wish, but echoing the modern sensibility my dad always used.

I definitely agree with the matchy comments. Places that are too restrained and "themed" kind of make me yawn. I like homes with interesting/weird things that tell a story.. and a mix of vintage and modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->