Your Magazine Cover Predictions & Speculations

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Benn98, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^I think it'a gonna be bad, only VP can save Sept for me.

2. Miran

Miran Member

Last year Vogue Paris was out on 20.8, does anyone have insight, will it be this or next week?

Blayne266 likes this.
  3. Mercury6181

Mercury6181 Active Member

It would be really cool if Vogue Paris did multiple covers each with a current supermodel (or top model as there aren’t many true supers) and an og supermodel from the 80s/90s. For example, Vittoria with Linda, Adut with Naomi, Gigi with Christy, etc.

Blayne266, RanThe and Bertrando3 like this.
  4. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

We will no doubt be seeing British Vogue within the next few days, and I am hoping for all our sakes that Enninful (and every other editor) will transform October into the new September for us this year. I hope there's just pure fashion and unapologetic glamour for this upcoming month - the September covers (bar the odd one or two) have been dire.

jorgepalomo and Blayne266 like this.
  5. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

2020 HAS BEEN TRASH AND I ONLY GOT THREE RIGHT SO FAR!
    I really hope Oct-December brings the fashion, because it’s been a yawn fest all year.

6. Flamingjune

Flamingjune Member

My prediction for US Vogue between November and December is:

Meghan Markle
    Naomi Campbell
    Kamala Harris

We’ll see which one is right. Naomi was recently announced as a speaker for Forces of Fashion. Could she end up on the November cover?

Benn98 and Blayne266 like this.
  7. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I think Beyonce may be due for major cover with the recent drop of her new collection

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

So Kamala is obviously out now because of Elle, but you got Naomi right. What if you're right about Meghan as well. :wacko:

I wonder if Jill Biden would get a cover they win? I like her, she's like the more personable version of Brigitte Macron. Don't care for her style though, she looks like a Good Housekeeping reader.

Mercury6181 likes this.
  9. SLFC

SLFC Well-Known Member

Seems to imply she got a cover which would be surprising but I can't find it anyway? Anybody know which issue this editorial is in?

10. YSL87

YSL87 Member

It's gonna be really weird but last night in my dream Adele was on the cover of Vogue US with a grey background lol

11. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Hmm. I may be clutching at straws with this one but I've just saw Rosie Vogel's Instagram story (who is the Fashion Bookings Director at British Vogue) and on top of her desk I noticed a sheet saying 'British Vogue Kate Moss Cover Shoot'. Are we to expect another Kate Moss cover in the future?

Of course, this could be an old piece of paper... but it has me wondering. Edward would, of course, be crazy not to use the London-based Kate for a cover during these current restrictions etc.

12. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Yes, Kate Moss was mentioned as part of a recent UK Vogue survey into coverlines.

gunsnroses, vogue28 and Blayne266 like this.
  13. annikad

annikad Member

Have to admit I wouldn't mind me some good old Kate Moss content. Maybe it just feels weird to me to not see her on the cover of Vogue UK twice a year since Edward took over.

Blayne266 likes this.
  14. aracic

aracic Moderator

Ooh, very much looking forward to a Kate Moss cover! Hope it's March.

15. VBE

VBE Member

It seems as if covers are totally negotiated these days. In my era you simply didn’t know who was going to be on the cover until it was out on the newsstands. You knew certain girls of the moment had a better chance than others and that certain photographers had more clout than others, but it was still very much a guessing game. Typically if you did an editorial shoot they did several test shots for the cover as well. I see those days are long gone.

16. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity how do you become a part of the survey? I’ve always wondered.

17. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

It's a mystery to me. I've been getting the survey emails for some years now, I think they started arriving during the last few years of Shulman's editorship. I can't remember ever formally signing up to the survey - I wonder if it happened as part of the subscription process where I must have given permission to some of the options where "Conde Nast UK can contact you by post/email/text".

Recently, Edward has created a 'Vogue Voices' community where you can sign up and be mined for information - just search for 'Vogue Voices UK'. I don't think I've ever gone online at Vogue Voices so I can't vouch for what goes on at that site - but if signing up means you start receiving the same emails, bear in mind that a lot of the surveys will be mind-numbing ones where you'll be asked whether you remember seeing a certain ad promotion from a few months back, and would you be influenced to buy an electric car after seeing it on the pages of Vogue, and how interested are you in a mother-and-baby section in the magazine.

Blayne266 likes this.
  18. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

19. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

This is not a speculation but rather a wish.

Since Vogue USA is into diversity these past few months as they did a September issue that focuses on the artists and not on the subjects, as well as making Harry Styles as their first ever solo cover guy (which was brave for Anna, by the way), they should do a cover next year with Indya Moore, Hunter Schafer, and Nathan Westling in it.

That might look pretentious as Anna would not probably entertain this concept, let's say, if this was 2016, but since they recently made a history with Harry Styles, they should give it a try.

jorgepalomo and Blayne266 like this.
  20. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly Vogue doesn’t combine the December and the January issue, so I guess the Jan issue will be Jill Biden