Your Most Memorable Magazine Images

Magazine: Rolling Stone #665 (September 16, 1993)
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Make-Up: Kevyn Aucoin
Model: Janet Jackson

23094_lg.jpg

source | rollingstone.com

In September 1993, Jackson appeared topless on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine with the hands of her then-husband René Elizondo, Jr. covering her breasts. The photograph is the original full-length version of the cropped image used on the cover of the janet. album, shot by Patrick Demarchelier. The photo of Jackson...became one of the most recognizable, and most lampooned, magazine covers of the year.

I don't know if it's 'iconic' just yet, but I always thought Snejana's first VI cover was pretty sensational.

I can still remember that Janet cover from when I was little.

Source: My Scan From "Stylist Interpreters of Fashion"

Even those who don't read Vogue know the image.:innocent:

That's not true, i read all sorts of Vogues for years and I never saw that image, That cover may have a significance in fashion world, but it's certainly not iconic.
And don't forget we aren't all American *Edited* See tFS Community Rules.
Iconic is something like Kate moss on the cover of Face or that Janet Jackson that Breathless posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue UK DECEMBER 2001
EDITOR: Alexandra Shulman
PHOTOGRAPHY: Nick Knight
MODEL: Kate Moss

vogue15.jpg

source: herfamedgoodlooks.com

That's not true, i read all sorts of Vogues for years and I never saw that image, That cover may have a significance in fashion world, but it's certainly not iconic.
And don't forget we aren't all American *Edited* See tFS Community Rules.
Iconic is something like Kate moss on the cover of Face or that Janet Jackson that Breathless posted.

What does being American have ANYTHING to do with it?
I'm not American if that is what your assuming.

There are also a lot of Vogue Italia covers that are so iconic... Like the one with Linda, Christy and Naomi riding a bike... Or the one that was shot in the begginning of the 90's with a lot of models... And there's a The Face cover with Kate Moss shot in 1996 by Mario Testino that is iconic too.

There's another one shot for Rolling Stone by Leibovitz, Lennon curling up to kiss Ono :smile:

That photograph was the last photoshoot Lennon took part in, he died five hours after the shoot

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a MOD please re name the thread Most Historical & Iconic Magazine Images

What does being American have ANYTHING to do with it?
I'm not American if that is what your assuming.

A big part of the world does not watch Oprah, it's not even on their televisions, this can only be iconic if people understood the importance it has in AMERICA. I guess everyone Knows Oprah, but that image is just another image of her if you do not follow her progress and cannot understand why it is important.
I live in Europe and In my life I guess I saw the Oprah show twice.

this thread WAS not called Historically significant covers.

A big part of the world does not watch Oprah, it's not even on their televisions, this can only be iconic if people understood the importance it has in AMERICA. I guess everyone Knows Oprah, but that image is just another image of her if you do not follow her progress and cannot understand why it is important.
I live in Europe and In my life I guess I saw the Oprah show twice.

this thread WAS not called Historically significant covers.

Make note of the fact that im trying to get the thread name changed.
Long before you even made your comment.:rolleyes:
Thats why Historically significant covers ARE being posted.

I've changed the thread title to Your Most Memorable Magazine Images... this way a tFS'er from any country can post what is memorable to them. I hope that we can happily share & perhaps learn something from each other... and although it is perfectly fine to disagree... disrespect towards each other will not be tolerated.

Thank You :flower:

^ I love the last two Vogue covers. They are quite memorable to me however I don't know if they are to other people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->