Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

Another thing I do is use both pencil and liquid eye liner. Draw the line with pencil first for better control and softness; by tracing over that with liquid liner, you get precision, definition and it stays all day.

^Use a a ball of cotton wall dip in hot water. Hold it on your eyebrows for a couple of seconds before you pluck. This will help to open up the pores which will make it easier to pluck the hairs out :flower:

Great tip, I'm going to try this next time! :flower:

^Any kind, actually. Just spray the brush with some toner or water beforehand and then buff it in.

that is such a great tip, i just tried it and my skin is glowing!....although, i used a cucumber and ginseng facial mist that i've never used before and i don't think my skin likes it very much, so i'm actually a bit pink and stinging, but apart from that my skin looks great :P. Next time i think i'll try it with some of my avene thermal water, i'm sure that will give me even better results! :flower:

I know a girl that would wet her sponge then would rub the sponge on her MAC studio fix and apply it on her face...I never tried it it seems too weird for me :P

To cover undereye circles, I used a technique similar to the buffing above. I have a stick concealer from Smashbox and I put that directly on the skin. I then dampen by my foundation brush slightly and use that to blend in and buff out the concealer. I find that it works the best for me.

Another thing I do is use both pencil and liquid eye liner. Draw the line with pencil first for better control and softness; by tracing over that with liquid liner, you get precision, definition and it stays all day.

I do this too but instead of using a pencil I use a slanted eye liner brush and powder liner, then I trace over it with liquid.

I also moisturize my eyes at night with vaseline (on the lid, below, and on lashes). I'm sure it's not the healthiest stuff but it works!

Also, sometimes I like to apply a bit of eyeliner before bed (I know, this sounds horrible) or before I go in the shower, and when you wake up it's perfectly smudged!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVELOVELOVE this thread!

I am a big fan of massaging my face with Bio Oil every night. My face is perfectly clean and pores open after rinsing with hot water, then I take about 4 drops of the oil, warm it on my hands and massage onto my face for about 3-5 minutes. Even if you only manage to do it twice a week it makes a huge difference to your skin.

Also use 8 hour cream to make coloured glitter (am a big fan of black glitter over grey eyeshadow at night) stick to my eyelids!

This is not a very unusual trick haha it's hardly a trick, but it's something I've discovered. I've been using a pencil to fill in my eyebrows for about 8 years now, but after buying this amazing eyebrow kit with shadows and brushes I'm never using it again...^^ I love my banila co. eyebrow kit :buzz: it's perfect for my gray spear brows..

Love this thread! So many new tips I am so going to try :smile:

I use Aquaphor on my lids and undereyes before I go to sleep as eye cream. A magazine editor swears by this stuff and they say the key ingredient in expensive eye creams is in Aquaphor.

Also I use Aloe Vera gel on my face at night.. feels so good and soft in the morning. I don't do it every night but about every other night. Gets rid of rashes, unevenness, and irritation.

I mix my SPF moisturizer with my liquid foundation before I put it on. I get a better coverage and it feels good :smile:

after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

I used to do exactly the same, now I use this Clarins spray insted, it's supposed to protect from enviromental pollution and electromagnetic waves.

300169422.jpg

www.lesechos.fr

I hardly use concealer under my eyes, instead I use a light pearlescent eyeshadow where I have darker skin (which is on the inner of my eyes). But I use a very light hand, not too much, the point is to reflect light where it seems too dark. I find it works for me really well and it looks really natural. BUT it's important to mention that I don't have very dark undereye circles, so I don't know how it'll work for someone with a darker undereye area. :wink:

Added this hair related one:
When I want a very, very sleek updo, I spray a toothbrush with some hairspray and brush any flyaways or gaps my original brush may have left. It works like a charm :smile:

I do that, as well. :smile: And I find that it's harder to mess up the liquid liner... the pencil first gives some room for error.

I put shadow on my eyelashes before I apply mascara.
It gives a soft faux eyelash effect... definitely thickens them up.

Sometimes I mix liquid foundation with a small amount of lavender oil and let it sit until it becomes a bit cakey,then put it on,then spray rose water on afterwards.You smell divine!

I sometimes apply (a little bit of) loose eyeshadow to my lips and then cover it up with a gloss. This takes a lot of practice, though, sometimes it's better to do it the other way around. If you get it right, and have the right shade, though, it looks amazing.

After I've exfoliated my face I apply olive oil. My skin feels SOOO soft the next day. :flower:

I put shadow on my eyelashes before I apply mascara. It gives a soft faux eyelash effect... definitely thickens them up.

I do this too :flower: I just touch up with extra eyeshadow if any of my mascara touches my eyelids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->