Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

I was told to use LUSH's "I Love Juicy" shampoo for a few days before I dye my hair to get rid of conditioner and shampoo leftovers. There's lots of pineapple and papaya and such in there which is rich in enzymes, therefore it has a very cleansing effect. Well, that sounded just like what my skin needed, too, so now I scrub it on my face when I'm taking a shower and let it sink in for a minute and it does wonders to my skin :ninja: (I always have to be careful it doesn't get into my eyes, though :lol:)

I mix St. Ives apricot scrub with all sorts of cleansers. A lot of people find the scrub too harsh for everyday use, but when you mix it with something milder it makes the scrub much more tolerable. It's a good way to feel comfortable exfoliating every day.

I'm also terrified of eyelash curlers. :ninja: Therefore, I put on mascara in a very specific way, by curling and curling with the wand from the root. I don't know if that's unusual, but it does make a huge difference in mascara effectiveness.

Also, I like to get my hands wet before I put on my moisturizer. It makes me feel like the water (and therefore the lovely moisture) gets "trapped" in my skin better. :lol:

Yesterday I decided to "paint" on mascara with flat C shaped eyeshadow brush. Made my eyelashes look naturally defined, glossy and clump free plus I also felt I had more control and could get to the little lashes in the inner corners.

Try it!

I don't like using a eyeliner pencil so whenever I want to wear "eyeliner" I just wet my brush with water and then dip it into my eyeshadow color (I tend to use black or dark green for this) and put it on, just like I would have put my eyeliner. It always looks so good and makes my eyes pop!
^ that's awesome, works so well, thanks!

my eyeliner brush is too soft and just bad. and to make it better I just put some hairspray on my fingers and rub it into the brush. :D

I don't think this is such a great secret at all but if you're skin is really sensitive or tends to break out a lot using a paper-towel instead of your normal cotton one after cleansing will make such a huge difference. You can also use paper-tissues or even toilet-paper. This way you always have a clean towel and make sure you don't rub all the bacterials you just washed off back on your skin. And a towel hanging around all day contains a lot of them naturally. That's another thing why toners are so important to use before a cream, because they'll get rid of all the "new dirt" right after cleansing.

Applying Polysporin on my face before bed. Because Polysporin's purpose is to disinfect and heal, it treats, heals, and moisturizes blemishes, scars, irritations, dryness, and much more. Skin looks healthy and rejuvenated!

Wow, great tips, I love them all and can't wait to try them. :smile:
I feel bad because I don't have any good ones and they aren't 'unusual'. Here goes, almost every night before I go to bed and if I see a few blemishes I make a lemon scrub (lemon juice and sugar) since it saves me money lol and just use a cotton ball and scrub for 5 minutes, then the next day my blemishes are completely gone. I also love how stink'n soft your skin feels after the lemon scrub and the fact if you do get it in your mouth it tastes like lemonade lol

More tips! :smile:

I also have used Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (but you don't have to use this brand, any apple cider vinegar will do) as a cleanser. I would suggest mixing a little bit of the vinegar with water in a cup and then taking a towel and pouring the liquid on it. I does smell a little odd, so just use it at night and use it all over your face. It will help get rid of any blemishes, it clears up your skin so well. I find it works a lot better then any acne cream I've ever tried (and its organic too!). :smile:

Its never burned or bleached my skin, and I do have pretty sensitive skin, however I would suggest just trying it out on a little patch of your skin before putting it all over your face.

Mixing Benefit's High Beam highlighter with some moisturiser and applying it all over my face, it makes my face glow.

Using eye shadows as blushers.

Mixing baby oil and sugar to create a leg scrub.

i reinvigorate or bring new life into lipsticks i do not like by mixing other lipstick shades together and binding them all together with vaseline. i have created some of my favorite shades this way and my lips are super hydrated too.

i use mint julep mask as a spot treatment for acne areas when i do not want to do a full mask. this way the areas that need treatment are taken care of.

ohhhh ive heard of that lipstick trick before!!!!! ^
its excellent!

^ The lipstick tip sounds like an excellent idea... will have to try it out! :smile:

My false eyelash look (only way to get max volume and curl that holds:(

-Step 1: curl lashes with Shiseido eyelash curler, I pump 6 times each eye to get a perfect but natural looking curl

-Step 2: Prime lashes with Shiseido base. It holds the curl and provides extensions for lashes making them look longer.

-Step 3: I add a quick coat of L'oreal Panoramic curl waterproof mascara. This holds the curl even more and the fact that it's waterproof means no smudging/creasing.

-Step 4: I add one coat of YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils in black. This adds the maximum volume and a luxurious shade of black. Makes it looks as though I have more lashes.

-Step 5: I use a random eyelash comb to separate lashes to make it look clean.

:heart:

I sometimes use baby oil when I don't have hair conditioner, but it's very important to only apply it on the ends or else your hair will look and feel greasy which I hate

^ Since you mention that, it surprises me how many people apply conditioner to the length of their strands - I apply it mostly to the tips of my hair - a bit further up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->