Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

Here's a... bad example of what I said in the previous post... LOL

You shouldn't try to copy the shape I did because... I think it wouldn't look good...

Anyways, you pluck the hairs outside the white line :D

After you've applied your foundation and powder to set, spray you face 2 or 3 times with water but hold the bottle at arms length so it's just a light misting- really makes a difference and makes your skin look dewy and glowing, as opposed to chalky and too matte.
Thanks for that tip, I'm definitely going to try it ^_^

i love using ultra thin eyebrow pencils as eye liner, goes on super fast and precise for a very natural look. the automatic brow pencils tend to go on drier so they aren't as smudge prone as regular eyeliners and don't need to be sharpened. maybelline, mac, clinique, anastasia beverly hills, kevyn aucoin etc make them.

Thanks Quaintrelle for the tip for plucking eyebrows, it sounds like a really smart idea.

This is my first post, hi everyone! I have a few tips to share...

Use baby shampoo to remove eye makeup. It makes a great remover, even waterproof mascara and is non greasy unlike most others. Remember to use an eye cream afterward though as otherwise it can be drying.

Also castor oil is great to use on eyelashes to make them longer and stronger. Just dab on your lashes with a cotton bud before bed. I don't do this everyday but still see great results. Before my lashes used to fall out often:( But now they look healthy and long.

^I'd never use soap in the eye-area, the skin is way too delicate...but that's just me I guess :flower:

"If a shadow or pressed powder breaks you can add a few drops of rubbing alcohol and press the pieces back together. The powder will reset in the product’s metal pan." I haven't tried this one yet (since I haven't had any accidents with my makeup by now) but it seems like a really good one to try.

Found at Instyle

I use a baby oil to remove my makeup, such as Johnson's Baby Oil, when I'm running without my make-up remover. It removes even a waterproof mascara.

I use a baby oil to remove my makeup, such as Johnson's Baby Oil, when I'm running without my make-up remover. It removes even a waterproof mascara.

I use Vaseline.

I don't know if this is weird or not but I use bright (like really bright) cream blush and not much else in the way of makeup. It gives me a childlike I've-been-running-outside-all-day look, which I like.

I use Vaseline.

The consistency of Vaseline is so thick. Does it really work that well? I'm intrigued because we have a lot of Vaseline sitting around..

I put lotion (preferably baby lotion or anything without a heavy scent) on toilet paper or a tissue and rub off of make-up with it. Works heavenly! It's so much easier than Dove soap and water.

I also use baby oil or plain almond oil, especially to get rid of waterproof mascaras. I couldn't imagine using vaseline. Doesn't it sit on your face forever, making your sight all blurry?

I don't know if this is weird or not but I use bright (like really bright) cream blush and not much else in the way of makeup. It gives me a childlike I've-been-running-outside-all-day look, which I like.

:lol: I do that as well, especially when I'm late or too lazy or after a way too short night. A little blush goes a long way.

It's not really a trick or that unusual but when I don't have time to put on makeup at all I just put on a bright or dark red lipstick because then it looks like you've put on more makeup than you have because it gives such a strong look IMO^^

^that's how Holly Golightly teach me to do so, LOL
put on mascara is another way for me, i usually do it in taxi:lol:

I like to mix my foundation and moisterizer to create my own tinted moisturizer. It's really good for the summer when you don't want to look too chalky.

A little bit of pearlescent, shimmery eyeshadow at the inner corners of your eyes makes you look fantastic.

Also (and this is probably not too unusual) I'm in the habit of wearing subtly-winged eyes nearly everyday. I use black eyeliner as base, then swipe a colored shadow over it and up-and-out at the outer corners of my eyes. I've got a thousand different colors of eyeshadow, so it's a neat way to have something a bit different every day.

^I use the MAC 109 brush, spray some water on it, dab it lightly into the cream blush and buff it in on the apples of my cheeks. Any firm dense brush will do. Try getting a nice round shape, don't take it way out to the hairline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->