YSL resort 2007

it's beautiful!..i know, i know i'm being melodramatic..but pilati is such a hero of mine :cry: :heart:

i love the tunic over pants he did last season and this resort...it seems like a very fresh idea right now, but it used to be a very common combo in women's wardrobes in the 60's and 70's...i think it makes a very modern statement today though...

many women are reluctant to wear short dresses by themselves even though many have very nice legs..evrything is with jeans, with jeans...so this is saying, "fine! i'll give you some tops to wear over pants!":lol:

Im intrigued about that thick fabric .. looks breahtable but Im not sure!

Why do I live hundreds of miles from the closest place where they stock YSL!????

now it's better... I love the evening gown ...truly Yves:clap: thanks ciakolo:flower: , but where the collection was shown? when???

ultramarine said:
Why do I live hundreds of miles from the closest place where they stock YSL!????

get this..the closest dept. store to me replaced their ysl boutique with michael kors...that was way back in the day's of pilati's first collection...big mistaaake:innocent:

I've noticed that Stefano is showing more accseories this time..focused more on the customed jewels & how they are part of the clothes & shoes... i like the headscarf & the choice of the models....it seems that Pilati is setting an african mood for the next summer....who knows?

00084.L.JPG

00071.L.JPG

00066.L.JPG

00063.L.JPG

firstview.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Pastry said:
get this..the closest dept. store to me replaced their ysl boutique with michael kors...that was way back in the day's of pilati's first collection...big mistaaake:innocent:

*proyectile vomits all the way to the front curb of Michael Kors HQ in NY*

In the immortal words of Napoleon Dynamite:

"God!"

La bordélique said:
A bit too... androgynous. The clothes look too heavy for a 'resort'.

I see what you're talking about. I think it's because of all the gorgeous dresss. :blush::heart:

Seeing the rest is even better! It's UBER YSL, especially with the black model. I was wondering how long it would take him to tap into THAT YSL convention.

Mmm, not a fan of the ethnic mood that is very clear here...
The evening gowns were absolutely beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I loved them
But the rest i'm not sure...
I really really hated the casting!
I'm finding very hard to discuss and review the resorts collectiones, they all seems so un-focused and distracting, don't you think?

Although I'm not a fan of the mood he's setting, I think the clothes themselves are beautiful...

A classic example of the dual forces behind fashion which are set on driving me to madness. :lol:

Blanche DuBois said:
Mmm, not a fan of the ethnic mood that is very clear here...
The evening gowns were absolutely beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I loved them
But the rest i'm not sure...
I really really hated the casting!
I'm finding very hard to discuss and review the resorts collectiones, they all seems so un-focused and distracting, don't you think?
Well cruise is really supposed to be that way. It's not supposed to cause much attention. Well that is my thoughts. It's actually more important to the consumer because is what most people end up buying and putting in thier closets. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

*sayan said:
Lena thank you for the heads up
Can you or anyone else tell me what exactly is a Resort collection?:blush:

"Resort" is basically like mini collections that are available before the actual seasonal collections... Presumably for people rich enough to holiday in different climes than their own.

Mutterlein said:
Seeing the rest is even better! It's UBER YSL, especially with the black model. I was wondering how long it would take him to tap into THAT YSL convention.

noticed that too, huh? yves was the first to use ethnic models..I LOVE YSL!!! (and you, Mutterlein!) get outta my head!:lol: :heart:

jennifer: it's probably the showroom, nothing special..

* oh yeah! that draped dress with the cool metal rings on the cups reminds me of a ysl dress from the sixites..a mini dress all covered with brown beads..the beading is looser in the midriff, it's really cool.

I like the whole 60s/ 70s direction this is going- I didn't like the first couple of looks- but the headwraps with the big hoop earrings give a very dramatic, exotic feel that I like- and some of the individua piece are lovely.

I really dont like any of this except maybe the dress witht he pockets at the bust..

The last look in post #27 looks very strange.

I like it, but I don't. The dress is cute, but the rest of it seems sort of...businessie. Not really what you want on a resort? I love the theme though.

Pastry said:
noticed that too, huh? yves was the first to use ethnic models..I LOVE YSL!!! (and you, Mutterlein!) get outta my head!:lol: :heart:

jennifer: it's probably the showroom, nothing special..
It looks very... sterile, I know... :lol: It's a lose-lose situation when I find some ready-to-wear collections are ideal when removed from context, but am still able to find fault in an unimaginative resort presentation. But it wouldn't be the first time :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->