Yves Saint Laurent F/W 04.05 Paris

Since this was his last collection for the house of Saint Laurent, it was no surprise his dug into his own archives for this collection. Though, its a pitty that this and his last Gucci were his worst collections for both houses. :doh:

The silhouette is apparently gotten by his surreal, sex, Spring '03 collection. The mood of his Fall '02 was also seen in a few pieces. Which I thought was un-inspired, bland and weak. Gucci's presence was also felt there.. which should have not been since he should continue to create separate identities for the house. And the orient was so passe and was too remiscent of Cavalli (J.Lo's dress at Letterman [?]).

This collection was on both extremes of the spectrum. What was great, was truly great. And what was bad.. was extremely bad.

Love this: B)

i really hate how he made some of the shoulders look so pointy and stupid. if i saw someone wearing that downtown, i wouldn't think "gorgeous" I would think "where's the spaceship?'

I loved the black evening looks on Marija and Julia and the outrangeous evening dresses on Natalia, Elise, and Eugenia, although I don't know who could get away with wearing the last two. (Please not JLo!) Could somebody post pics of those? I can't seem to make it work. Oh, and I like the wedges at YSL better than the ones at Balenciaga, although I don't think either are at all practical as far as wedge heels go.

Originally posted by Nader@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:07 am
i really hate how he made some of the shoulders look so pointy and stupid. if i saw someone wearing that downtown, i wouldn't think "gorgeous" I would think "where's the spaceship?'
I actually love the pagoda shoulder from this collection, I think they'd look amazing on the right person :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Mar 8th, 2004 - 3:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 3:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheSoCalledPrep@Mar 8th, 2004 - 6:59 am
:huh:
J.Lo's Cavalli dress.. what's it doing there? :unsure: :sick: [/b][/quote]
strange to see Tom Ford cavalli influenced,
i bet Roberto is on the seventh sky with the compliment :P

stella is cheating, she already wears the best piece of her a/w 04.05 collection :angry:

eww what is she wearing :sick:

about the YSL collection, it seemed very bizarre that there were satin suits and then oriental inspired dresses......they didnt seem to have ANY connection at ALL

over all it was a shockingly BAD collection. there is nothing french about it nor is there a hint of YSL which i had expected seing as it was his last collection for them after all

it was definately his time to say 'BYE BYE'......and for YSL to say 'DONT COME BACK' :lol:

she's wearing her antlers and deer blanket acid, watch out for those animals they will be running wild* for a.w.04.05

*see also Elie Kishimoto and V&R

Originally posted by e-Tom@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:49 am
someone missed him already !
is this the one that Stella is wearing in that picture?
OMG this is one of my favorite looks from all the F/W collections!

00110f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->