Yves Saint Laurent F/W 10.11 Paris

Stefano Pilati’s showing YSL’s Autumn/Winter 2010 collection at the Grand Palais tonight, but to add excitement to anticipation, he’s recruited LCD Soundsystem to play live at the show.

Pilati’s been working with James Murphy (the producer behind the French project) for almost two years now, but it’s the first time he’ll appear live.

The musical piece has been composed just for this collection, and if you’re not in Paris you can still watch online, starting at midnight tonight (New York time).

Or, if I’m feeling video-savvy, I’ll try and get a video up even sooner.
fashionista.com

There are some peices in here that I really like for example I am loving the use of the electric blue, but for the most part...this is a pretty flat collection

wow, love it! love the combination fur / plastic. lovely blue shoes!
wow for the colors at the end!

From Midnight the video is supposed to go up on the YSL site. I imagine it'll be up before then however.

The whole collection is up at Now Fashion, but it's a right faff on to get it off the site, having to do screen grabs and such.

This is his 4th dud in a row for me. He used to be my favorite, he's lost his touch. I wouldn't be sad to see him move onto to another project (wouldn't be surprised if he got the boot soon either). He's not accomplishing anything here anymore.

I agree. :flower: I used to love Pilati but his latest collections are just awful, I'd say he's a bit lost. Anyway I see a few (very few) interesting details, the third outfit is quite good, but I don't really like this.

why do i even bother this show always disappoints

How could he design something like this after his brilliant Pre-Fall collection?

Besides, I don't know if I love the whole monastic influence here, it looks outdated and haughty. And I absolutely hated the plastic accents on the jackets, that was so unnecessary.

Overall, a decent and very marketable collection, but nothing to get the mind or senses going.

I agree, it's OK, doesn't really set my world alight though.

How could he design something like this after his brilliant Pre-Fall collection?

That's a question I've been asking since few seasons too. While his pre-collections are stellar and very YSL, I totally don't get what I see at the fashion shows.

This isn't the entire collection, but here are some of the better looks from the show...

jk8137.jpg
e7fddg.jpg

2uol3yr.jpg
2vmtvrl.jpg

nowfashion.com/

^ me too, especially the dark looks. i love when he works with gloves.

This all looks so interesting, I like it. Stefano is the master of black, he always nails it.
The nun type pieces are very attractive, love the hats in #1. Can't wait to see the shoes.

i love the shots of color, the Purple particularly
i can't wait to see the entire collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->