Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2012 : Mariacarla Boscono by David Sims

Strange hair, strange eyebrows, strange make-up. MariaCarla as always strangely alluring.
Even when there are elements that aren't quite right, she always manages to be enchanting and interesting.
Definitely a bit hit and miss with these ads, but I'm sure I'll succumb in the end.

she looks stunning, Gosh she is the queen.

I don't see anything queen in this add at all.. I think this is awful. MCB facial expression does nothing for me, she looks sick.
From the neck down it's like more members said, that looks fine.

Immaculate styling. The collection is showcased beautifully.
I wish Balenciaga/Ghesquiere could see that David Sims can do wonders and employ him once again.

I much prefer I&V for YSL.

Me too, until the severely dissapointing Fall ads with Raquel. Even with the madcap hair and make-up, I like this. Feels more Yves Saint Laurent than the previous ones, at least.

her hair (which looks like a wig) and makeup are horrible!! this has to be my least favorite campaign so far

The exaggerated hair and makeup and the use of the 22ct gold-look jewellery remind me of ancient adornment.. sort of ancient Greece or Rome; a decadently dressed slave maybe.
Unfortunately, otherwise, this advertisement is quite unextraordinary.

I really like it. It's simple, elegant and still interesting. Mariacarla is the perfect choice to try something different. She's very expressive and can pull off almost anything, especially this kind of theatrical yet minimalist makeup. Her eyes have enough strength not to make her look like just a sad girl, which frequently happens with these 20s-like eyebrows. Nice photographer change by the way.

MCB is beautiful . Love the concept and the colors. The first pic is perfection, but in the second, she looks too sick. I guess I will just to wait and see if Sims/YSL works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's quite controversial but I stick to the point, let time speaks itself, this one will be legendary and the photogragher and MCB's cowork is divine.

Legendary? I doubt it. Campaigns nowadays hardly become legendary.

Seeing David Sims for YSL was definitely surprising for me, since I hadn't followed the "rumour thread". Honestly, I love it so far. The styling is great, and Mariacarla was the perfect choice for it, I'm happy for her.

ahnoxpucmaavzkd.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boubs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->