1927 - Hubert de Givenchy (retired) work : 1952-1995

Filmography

as costume designer:
How to Steal a Million (1966) (clothes: Miss Hepburn) (as Givenchy)
... aka How to Steal a Million Dollars and Live Happily Ever After
... aka William Wyler's How to Steal a Million (USA: complete title)

Charade (1963) (gowns: Miss Hepburn)
Crack in the Mirror (1960) (as Givenchy)
Once More, with Feeling! (1960)

Sabrina (1954) (uncredited)
... aka Sabrina Fair (UK)

Costume and Wardrobe Department:
Love Among Thieves (1987) (TV) (evening gowns: Miss Hepburn) (as Givenchy)

Paris - When It Sizzles (1964) (wardrobe stylist)
... aka Together in Paris (USA: alternative title)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) (gowns: Miss Hepburn)

Funny Face (1957) (wardrobe: Miss Hepburn, Paris)

as himself:
Audrey Hepburn: Ein Star auf der Suche nach sich selbst (2004) (TV)

The Hollywood Fashion Machine (1995) (TV)
Audrey Hepburn Remembered (1993) (TV)
... aka Audrey Hepburn Remembered - An Intimate Portrait (Australia)

Ooh-La-La: It's Bob Hope's Fun Birthday Spectacular from Paris' Bicentennial (1989) (TV)
imdb.com

Funny Face (1957)

Funny-Face-funny-face-4998125-608-3.jpg

Funny-Face-funny-face-4982212-608-3.jpg

Funny-Face-funny-face-4982163-608-3.jpg

Funny-Face-funny-face-4981968-608-3.jpg

Funny-Face-funny-face-4981010-608-3.jpg

Funny-Face-funny-face-4980976-608-3.jpg

So many wonderful pics :crush: Sometimes I wish Givenchy could be like that again...

me too ♫
it's pure Tisci and Givenchy no more

two more..

2hzh15t.jpg

cap421-1.jpg

livejournal.com |classiccaps
screencap by dizzydi |

Last edited by a moderator:
^So true. Thanks for posting all the screencaps, gius! Those outfits are pure poetry :crush:

Thanks for the posts gius. It just showed how fashion forward Mr Givenchy was during the heydey of Audrey Hepburn's iconic screen roles. So beautiful and elegant were his creations, they don't fail to amaze anyone up to today.

I've just finished watching Funny Face and I practically died, the clothes are so unbelievably gorgeous! :wub: With each glance I regret Givenchy doesn't have any of the real Givenchy spirit anymore...

you're welcome. here's one more..

11ghksn.jpg

caps by dragonlady981
livejournal.com |

Here's a photo I took from Givenchy Style by Francoise Mohrt.
It's Princess Caroline (Monaco) from 1962.

empire-waist dress of organdy, with embroidered or printed lemon motifs
and thick bow at the front. white mary-janes and calf-length socks.

attachment.php

I remember thinking the bowtie was very beautiful.
Maybe I still have a closeup somewhere.

Elle Portugal 1988

audreyhepburnlibrary.com

His designs for the Audrey Hepburn movies were amazing! I love his creations for Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Obviously he is retired, but does he still make appearances or is he otherwise involved in fashion activities?

I haven't heard of anything, except of what's on his imdb profile. His last appearance seems to be 2004. I put his birth year in my calculator --looks like he would be only about 86 now.

Here are the little scribblings next to the photographs
in the magazine article

1st pg | Audrey with one of the designs of collection Givenchy 88 (it dresses others two in the following pages:( dress for cocktail in crepe of printed silk and coordinate hat.

2nd | ]“Seen Me with Givenchy because it always was and continues being optimum”

3rd | "the smile is the only weapon that we have in the life. even at the moment most difficult"

a night dress, of income, with imprisoned sleeves of organza for roses, in the body “that one centimeter in 35 years did not change”.

4th | Shaped-waist jacket and skirt woollen straight line of jérsei; hat in straw.

Most don't know that he designed the whole female wardrobe of Bonjour Tristesse.There is one piece that I love SO much: a white cropped cape,to the thigh,that Deborah Kerr wears to the beach.SOOO CHIC!

Elle Portugal 1988

audreyhepburnlibrary.com

I'm roughly translating the article above, using Babelfish
Correct me if it's wrong :D In 1985 Audrey receives a prize for fashion, thanks to Givenchy who has been dressing her for 35 years. She mentions they have many things in common with each other, they like the same things.

Audrey - Yes. It is always who meeting in the good ones and the bad moments. I can be in any part of the world: it will be always together. In a bouquet of flowers, a telegram, a word. When my first son was born, in a hospital in Lucerna, I badly had raised and this great Hubert entered in my room with a box contends prettiest of baptism nightgowns. It was even so in the same day. It was and it came back especially to see me. It never passes ocasiâo without it shows to its afeiçâo to me. He is a man who nâo if dispersed in mundanalidades. It has time for those to who loves.

2viinwz.jpg

audrey1.org

Both dreamed about the same dress: Givenchy, the famous Paris couturier, wanted to sketch it, to Audrey Hepburn wanted it to possess. There could be helped to both. As, we tell 10 of this expenditure on page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->