1927 - Hubert de Givenchy (retired) work : 1952-1995

I recently stumbled across an old magazine article w/ Tisci, where he explained how his harder, darker approach to design @ Givenchy has little to do with what he found in the archives, but more about what he found in Hubert himself, as a living, breathing human being. Interesting.

Modeling a Hubert De Givenchy bubble-line dress
jt9t8j.png

pwnquin.livejournal.com

Kouka, la Musa de Hubert de Givenchy - 1956
25a6iwj.gif

kouka.com.ar

Hubert de Givenchy - 1957
jj8doh.jpg

kouka.com.ar

5bbfw1.jpg
155qwza.jpg

27bsm.jpg
2hqxhdi.jpg

sueddeutsche.de

“The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.”
Hubert de Givenchy

noylar.jpg

alteregobkk.com

Hubert de Givenchy, one of the most talented and famous fashion designers of all time, relaxes before his show at the Waldorf Astoria's Ball Room in 1976. He's wearing a fitted polo shirt, some jeans, and what appears to be a scarf wrapped around his waist, classic and avantgard 70s style.
2ugf9xj.jpg

retrovintagemodstyle.blogspot.com

Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn
iy3n2v.jpg

famous-women-and-beauty.com

Hubert de Givenchy and his Afghan Hound, 1955
b5l2t4.jpg

styleskilling.com

Vestido de noche de Hubert de Givenchy. Jackie Kennedy lo llevó en la cena de gala que el Presidente francés dio en el Palacio de Versalles en honor de ella y su marido.
2z587cw.jpg

megustalamoda.blogspot.com

Luis and Betty Estevez (center) on their wedding day with Maid of Honor, Baroness Elian Orossdi, and Best Man, Hubert de Givenchy. May 10, 1953.
17g8bl.jpg

newyorksocialdiary.com

Big-sleeved coat of navy wool with new wrist-ruffle duffs, it is worn with a clouch "Garbo" hat and satchel bag, designed by Hubert de Givenchy.
Date taken: February 1952
Photographer: Nat Farbman
117v8mx.jpg

Lace ball gown, designed by Hubert de Givenchy.
r0r0hd.jpg

High-buttoned cuffs with black-embroidered ruffles falling over them are one of many Hubert De Givenchy treatments of the big sleeve, an important fashion this season.
2yzj2v8.jpg

Paris designer Hubert de Givenchy's designs specialize in separates, like the three tops, three skirts which can be used interchangeably to make nine outfits.
296hohu.jpg

life.com

A triple-tied chin-high collar, ends pointing straight across under the model's face, designed by Hubert de Givenchy.
2n657ra.jpg

Lantern paisley printed babushka worn by a French model, designed by Hubert de Givenchy.
v2zl0l.jpg

Model Ivy Nicholson showing off a design by Hubert de Givenchy.
r1hbb5.jpg

Bald dummies, which will save money by replacing models when private customers see the clothes, throng the showroom.
2wn7n7a.jpg

life.com

No, gius, it wasn't that article..I believe the article I'm referring to was in V, but it was a while back, so I definitely don't remember. But I think with the recent Time Life pictures that have been posted, you can definitely see the connection between Tisci & Givenchy: you can tell the collections are from the same house, just a different time period (something I can't always see w/ other houses, like old and new Balenciaga).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->