Alessandro Michele - Designer, Creative Director of Valentino

I think that Valentino is going to flip the "Michele Switch" very soon. It's almost September and Michele debuts on the 29th.

I thought they already flipped it with the resort collection. And it wasnt good

I thought they already flipped it with the resort collection. And it wasnt good
I hope they read the room and regroup. We know what we're getting with Michele...but you can't serve us Gucci 2.0 with a logo change. It's absurd. You have to differentiate somehow.

I hope they read the room and regroup. We know what we're getting with Michele...but you can't serve us Gucci 2.0 with a logo change. It's absurd. You have to differentiate somehow.
His first collection for Valentino was basically an overstyled raid to the archives. So essentially, the clothes will be typical Valentino. However, his vision of women and men couldn’t be more far from the intention of Mr Garavani.

The brand has been super quiet over the last few months. I wonder when their first campaign will break in magazines debuting his new vision? It’s with Harry Styles right?

The brand has been super quiet over the last few months. I wonder when their first campaign will break in magazines debuting his new vision? It’s with Harry Styles right?
because the old product needs to run its course, as well as pre planned campaigns/communication around product launches material roll out ....all shot prior to his arrival.

before summer they shot ad campaigns with the new direction for xmas and resort already with chris simmons art direction ......its has same narrative story building style of his past Gucci ....everything as usual will start with and around the first show ..i am sure leading up to it a ig clean out and other transformations will take place...

all steps every brand rehaul gets these days

Alessandro Borghi in a look from the Cruise collection at Venice Film Festival :

CORRIERE MODA

His first collection for Valentino was basically an overstyled raid to the archives. So essentially, the clothes will be typical Valentino. However, his vision of women and men couldn’t be more far from the intention of Mr Garavani.
To be fair, MGC's long-haired ghostly waifs and PPP's grumpy, sexless faux-punks weren't very close to Garavani's jet-set proto-glamazons either.

To be fair, MGC's long-haired ghostly waifs and PPP's grumpy, sexless faux-punks weren't very close to Garavani's jet-set proto-glamazons either.
I think they tapped more in to the streamlines version of Valentino the jackie o vibe where as Alessandro is the boho side roman exuberance of Valentino ...i think what makes it less Valentino is the styling because Valentino had more a classic sense of ideal of beauty rich sexy but beauty universally understood and the new version is too on the quirky side for people to read it as classic Valentino.

This is my first time checking the new Valentino ins page, and I think the accessories are better than PPP's.

It’s a logo that worked with Valentino, the man, designing. Now that the affluent, jet setter look is no longer a part of what the brand is doing anymore, that specific logo feels incongruous to the new product.

This is my first time checking the new Valentino ins page, and I think the accessories are better than PPP's.

These designs are probably from PPP's era, PF24 to be precise. Also they recently released the "Le Ciel" and "Le Noir" runway collections in stores, but they didn't produce a campaign and the range seems very limited (around 60 pieces, including bags and accessories). Seeing that Michele's runway debut is on September 29th and the Resort collection arrives in stores very soon after, I imagine that they're just trying to get PPP's work out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->