Alessandro Michele - Designer, Creative Director of Valentino

I'd much rather see him at Fendi to be honest.
Anyway, it must be nice to be A.M. at the moment, being courted by LVMH and Mayhoola, both parties with very deep pockets.
If the Valentino appointment will come through, it's only a matter of a few years before Kering will be his employer yet again.

AM is not a RTW fashion designer so I don’t think he’s suitable for any RTW fashion designing brand. especially one with Haute Couture!

he’s good for an accessories (shoes, handbags etc) or jewellery brand.

Blithely ignoring contracts and politics for a moment, I wish he could be at LV instead of Pharrell: his granny-chic approach might work with its logomania history the same way it did at Gucci. (They are the only two brands where people I know actually sought out and wore "old stuff" covered in monograms back before Michele was appointed in the first place, in the ancient days of yore when Balenciaga had never yet put its brand name on the outside of a garment.)

So, he will do at Valentino what he didn't want to do at Gucci ? Pinault & Co expressed him to do "more classy & quiet luxury" and he left because he didn't want to do that...

I’m so mad at him for letting us endure Kim Jones at Fendi!

I still wish him the best of success in hopes that he will allow himself to work at the service of the brand and not indulge in his costumes ways.

It bag mission activated!

This is exciting. I’m optimistic that he will work within the realms of Valentino and not do exactly what he was doing at Gucci.

I hope the break has done him well and he has something new and more to say. He has a lot to work with

I hope he can stop those stud pumps. It feels like they are selling it for like 800 years. And they have very limited colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->