Alexander McQueen S/S 09 Paris

this is fantastic!

very edgy,very futuristic!the accessories are TDF.very chic and wearable.

I truly saw Balenciaga 08 SS's influence on the silhouettes(esp the shoulder) and pocessing of some coats and dresses(without buttons,the length of sleeves and coats,etc).

for commonly saying,I'm not a huge fan to the print(even with stong colors contrast? oh no!) things,but the print here looks interesting and flattering for me.

He is talented indeed.

I've let this collection process a bit and I have to say, I like it. It's not his most powerful or even cohesive collection, but it's a timely return to form. This is what he's good at, shapes, strangeness, the macabre, power....not that god awful Sugar-Plum-Fairy-in-a-princely-state nightmare that was the second half of F/W 08. It seems like this collection is a nice balance between the fantasy and the reality. Those black and white skeletal pieces are fabulous, and I normally hate prints...so they must be good for me to like them.

And like BerlinRocks pointed out, there are a lot of similarities to his s/s 99 robots show, especially in all of the washed out beige pieces with tone on tone embroidery and the leather corsetry.

It's just nice to see some real McQueen magic again, even if it's only in trace amounts.
I absolutely agree. This feels like the real McQueen. Last season felt like Christian Siriano for McQueen, it was like a cliche of McQueen. This feels like a collection that Lee really spent time with.

I love this. It's fantastic! I can't wait for some videos to surface! I can imagine the music will be incredible!

And I LOVE the hair!

...Also, I seriously, just this day at work (before I even saw any pictures of this collection), thought about the idea of shoes that were like molded feet, just like the ones here! Creepy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The models look like they're wearing panty hoses, the way that their hair's stuck to their face.

:unsure:
they are wearing hair nets over their faces..one fell out of a model's hair at my feet outside after the show! I thought her hair had fallen out!!

LOL! Mcqueen made me laugh :P
Anyway, There were some cute dresses ^^

Just amazing, as usual - McQueen never disappoints. :smile:

Love the artificial take on nature, the prints, the toe shoes, the curvy organic heels (although, sadly, they'll be too high for me!), the use of taxidermy animals (assuming they're antique, of course, which I'm sure they must be!) and as for the bunny suit? Deliciously hilarious! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really a fan at all. I love certain silhouettes, but I just the patterns are so ugly!

One of the models fainted when she was about to exit McQueen's runway space..

fainted model...so much drama this season

i really like this collection. it's nice to see alexander getting out of that 'royal court victorian goth princess' thing after seeing him doing it for several seasons.
haha, nice to see someone calling him lee

very interesting collection. the shoes are really fascinating and beautiful, I mostly like the sparkling ensembles at the end.

I think I like it, or getting used to it, but animal prints are really interesting when you pay attention... I'm looking forward to seeing this in eds.

Since S/S 08 was absolutely atrocious, and half of A/W 08-09 was too (but hey, the ”Queen/Fabergé egg” theme did grow on me finally), I am so relieved about this collection. It is great – one of the best this season, definitely, and one of the most pleasant surprises. It is very nostalgic but still forward. I especially adore the suits and dresses with rhinestones, the Giger reference, the flowers on sheer fabric, the black leather, the fringe, the coats, the leather corsets, the silk florals, the hair-dos, even the animal prints… and of course the set (I love taxidermy). I am blown away by this, and McQueen hasn’t been able to do that to me in a long time.

Oh God, if I just could afford some of this… I wonder which part of this will be manufactured to stores? Although it is so gorgeous (which in McQueen's case sometimes means it doesn't sell) I could see most of this selling pretty well.

I was devastated on hearing McQueen has opened in LA and hopes to build an empire, but with a collection like this I have to say I still like him the best of all contemporary designers. I am very happy about this collection, it makes me smile.

Thank you everyone for the pictures! :flower:

This collection is just so odd... Yawn... McQueen, like so many others, seem to be on repeat from season to season... and i'm sorry, but gold and animal is just eighties Joan Collins for my liking..Oh and that backdrop... all a bit MJ's heal the world.....cripes... Bring back the show.. thats what he did best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->