Alexander McQueen S/S 09 Paris

Donnie Darko goes to the zoo along with Giger, a dominatrix and a showgirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so creepy. I actually get chills looking at the animals .. I don't even know why.

I didn't enjoy this collection too much, but I'll just wait and see. :smile: McQueen grows on you after a very short while. I just can't have my other hero go down like John has been lately...

I'm guessing Alexander's theme for this is "Yes, we do have animals on Olympus. And we do learn from them".
Now if he had only used real animals. Think of the fun. How much would you pay to see a giraffe lick Anna Wintour's face?

I'm guessing Alexander's theme for this is "Yes, we do have animals on Olympus. And we do learn from them".
Now if he had only used real animals. Think of the fun. How much would you pay to see a giraffe lick Anna Wintour's face?

:lol:Every cent of course:rolleyes:

Not my favorite collection from him, but definitely some beautiful and interesting pieces in the collection. Some of the prints are really beautiful and unique too. there's a few pieces i just didn't like though...

The invites:
100208_mcqueen.jpg

McQueen's "Natural Dis-tinction Un-Natural Selection" holographic invite doubles as an altogether ghoulish image transcending from a head and shoulder shot of the designer into a chromatic skeletor visage resembling something from Masters of the Universe.

s:vmagazine.com

I LOVE this. So much

I love the skeletal Giger prints. I love the animals. I love the classic McQueen shapes. I love the shoes.

OMG I just love this

^ me too!!
I love McQueen, he is one of my faves designers! and this collection is AMAZING! love the silhouettes and the whole bones/skeleton structure!! The hair and the makeup is perfect ! And he walking as a bunny, priceless :D
Im sure we'll see this collection in every editorial possible!

I'm not a bit fan of prints, but I love love LOVE this collection!! McQueen certainly worked his magic again. The silhouettes are to. die. for. :blush:

I'm indifferent, it doesn't move me at all :ermm: And I hate the stuffed animals in the background, truly awful.

soo disappointed, no wow-factor what so ever.
I don't get why he dressed in a bunny suit?? Anyone got any insight into the suit?

Taxidermy has always been so creepy for me, so I agree with those who felt it was more macabre than silly! Though the bunny suit was a nice touch. :wink: I think the prints are absolutely stunning, especially the more geometric ones than the animals, though it was nice to see that done in a new way. I think Chanel's first look with the cut-outs was absolutely stunning. And the black crystalized boots? Guh. Though it was hard looking at a lot of the shoe shots, some of those girls look like they've taken a beating.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL now that would be fun.
i love this collection!:heart: and i love him for wearing the bunny suit! i don't care how silly it was, it made me laugh so hard:rofl:

I've let this collection process a bit and I have to say, I like it. It's not his most powerful or even cohesive collection, but it's a timely return to form. This is what he's good at, shapes, strangeness, the macabre, power....not that god awful Sugar-Plum-Fairy-in-a-princely-state nightmare that was the second half of F/W 08. It seems like this collection is a nice balance between the fantasy and the reality. Those black and white skeletal pieces are fabulous, and I normally hate prints...so they must be good for me to like them.

And like BerlinRocks pointed out, there are a lot of similarities to his s/s 99 robots show, especially in all of the washed out beige pieces with tone on tone embroidery and the leather corsetry.

It's just nice to see some real McQueen magic again, even if it's only in trace amounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->