Alexander Skarsgard and Kate Bosworth Split

Do Lainey and Kate have a history, I wonder? There seems to be some bad blood between them or something. Why else would she slag her off to this degree and at every oportunity? It is quite clear she all but hates Kate Bosworth, right?

I am not defending Kate, because I don't know much about her, or this alleged affair with Chris Martin. But there seems to be some real venomin anything Lainey pens on Kate.

Well, Lainey adores Gwyneth so that may be the reason for the bad blood.

Do Lainey and Kate have a history, I wonder? There seems to be some bad blood between them or something.
Nope. Lainey just has people she randomly hates. She was slagging Kate well before the Chris Martin incident.
To be more precise, Kate is the prototype of the kind of Hollywood people she can't stand: she call them the 'Why Is?" crowd (I know, I know... :rolleyes:) .

Pause: Might I first comment on how high school it is to "exile" someone? This is why I am sometimes disappointed in the female gender. Seriously, Gwyneth? Not that I needed another reason to dislike her, but how do you not "allow" someone to associate with other free members of the human race? What kind of childish...ugh.:yuk: Let's not forget that your husband didn't exactly trip and get caught by her lips, and then accidentally make out with her.

Her irrational love for Paltrow aside, Lainey's got a point. Kate Bosworth for the last three to four years has screamed desperate to me. For a while--not lately until this news with Alex--she was papped every other day. I don't think she's been in a halfway decent film since Beyond the Sea and that was what? 2005, 2006? Yet the paps mysteriously follow her everywhere. Secondly, man-jumping is not cute. She was cute with that Rousseau guy; they seemed really sweet together, but she and Alex had no chemistry at all. They were like two people who happened to be caught in the same picture frame. I always felt like she was way more into him than he was into her.

Last edited by a moderator:
But her nastiness doesn't negate the fact that she is an industry insider due to her profession and contacts, and that she has broken many exclusives in the past.

She works in the industry? Really? I thought she was just some random blogger. What does she do?

^
that makes her (lainey) even more pathetic. no work ethics at all.

Well, Lainey is certainly not a kind or gracious person. But her nastiness doesn't negate the fact that she is an industry insider due to her profession and contacts, and that she has broken many exclusives in the past.
Whether you like her or not, she doesn't completely talk out of her backside.

On topic: has Kate ever been single for more than a few weeks?

Completely agree, I really like how Lainey call out Bosworth's famewhorish ways.

She works in the industry? Really? I thought she was just some random blogger. What does she do?

She works for a Canadian tv channel IIRC. She was actually a lot more fun back when she sent out her gossip via mail. Less snarky, more fun and with lots of blind items that she revealed. Now she's mostly snarky and her bias is quite boring IMO.

Lainey is a tue same as any gossip, once they tell one lie they can't stop and go back on it and it's snowballes. The Kate stuff she spits out reaks of bias IMO. Kates stylist Cher also styles Gwenyth and apparently Gwenyth was wearing jewelmint in her music video (read it on cher's twitter) I mean really, according to Lainey, Kate is a homewrecker whom GP is
using her influence to get ppl to shun... And she's going to go and support Kates jewelry line?? Yeah right. Lainey is full of BS....!
Also the Kate does she ever work line is officially old and outdated the girl has like 5 movies in post production
Posted via Mobile Device

Excuse my spelling etc errors, I'm on my iPhone and wasnt paying as much attention to what I was typing as I should have...
Posted via Mobile Device

I think this thread should be renamed: 'Lainey Gossip: fraud or prophet'.
The Kate stuff she spits out reaks of bias IMO.
I'll never deny that Lainey is biased as hell (she admits it herself), but the Chris Martin rumor is based on way more than just personal dislike.
Around the time Star broke the story of Kate hooking up with Chris, Gwyneth published a 'blind item' on her website talking about being angry at a back-stabbing former friend. Also at the same time, Kate, who used to be a Stella girl, was suddenly excluded from the 'cool set', never appearing at the Met Ball with Gwyneth, Liv Tyler, etc like she used to. Martin also made a big stink about suing Star yet never did (unlike Katie Holmes, for example, who said she would sue them for claiming she was on drugs and went through with it).
If all those event are merely coincidental, then it's one hell of a coincidence.
apparently Gwenyth was wearing jewelmint in her music video
If Gwyneth does indeed have a professional relationship with Cher, it wouldn't be surprising that she wore a Jewelmint earring since it's as much (if not more) Cher's project as it it Kate's. It doesn't prove anything, imo, especially when you take in consideration the other elements.

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say: as for Kate working, getting roles is one thing. Getting quality roles in movies people go see in another. Can you name Kate's last two or three movies without going to IMDb?

@Harumi totally agree with all your statements. Kate has not been in a quality movie since "21", her career is in a serious downfall, and the remake of "Straw Dpgs" (truly awful idea) has been pushed back countless times and will now be "dumped" in September.

Even if you are a Bosworth fan you must admit her career has been in a downward spiral. Her biggest recent accomplishment was dating Alex.

I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be and all these gossip things just make them sound like they're behaving like a bunch of high schoolers, exiling people from their clique.

I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be and all these gossip things just make them sound like they're behaving like a bunch of high schoolers, exiling people from their clique.

Can you say in what way your colleagues thought they were unpleasant?

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say: as for Kate working, getting roles is one thing. Getting quality roles in movies people go see in another. Can you name Kate's last two or three movies without going to IMDb?

I usually agree with pretty much everything you're saying but in this case I don't see the connection between quality projects and well covered ones. I work in film archiving and know for a fact that the best movies are the ones least promoted. I'm glad Kate is not going for the Lois Lane-stuff any longer but choses role she actually fits instead. I doubt she needs the money and people know her name anyway (even though most probably don't why). Her actions might be questionable at times but I'm sure she leads a very happy life.

^Oh, I agree (in fact, I would go as far as saying that both American Television and Latin-American and European cinema churn out far more quality projects that mainstream American cinema has this past decade), but Warrior's Way? Straw Dogs?
Sometimes, projects don't get promoted not because they're indy, but because they're plain mediocre.

I'm sure Kate is financially comfortable, and certainly more professionally successful than the immense majority of struggling waiter-actors in Hollywood, but she doesn't strikes me as a particularly happy person. It's a completely subjective perception, though...
She doesn't. Her stylist is Elizabeth Saltzman.
Ah, thank you. :flower:
I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be.
Indeed?
I've actually never heard anything bad about either Kate and Gwyneth in terms of how they treat people most of the time (fan encounters, people on set, etc), so I'm very curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->