All About Your Jeans...

just wondering, why you'd choose the stf men's fit over everything else?
never knew females wore men stf 501...
huh, learn something new everyday.

indigoskies - a lot of women wear men's 501s, stf or otherwise. i have stf, and i also have a pair of regular white men's 501s. the only jeans i wear.
why men's stf 501s? no trendy rises, no trendy pockets, no trendy leg cuts, dark dark denim initially that gives a beautiful fade. durable in both style and material. can't go wrong.

I just bought these Frankie B "hampton" jeans. They are very nicely tailored and fit in a nice 70's kind of way.
FRAN-WJ169_V2-BIG.jpg

^^If my hips were smaller and I could fit into the men's jeans, I totally would. In addition to all those points, I've noticed that men's clothes generally last longer than women's clothes as well, so you'd have to replace them less often.

I wear traditional men's Levi's 501 shrink to fit mostly, because the fit me properly (I am slender in hip and thigh). But my latest jean craze is moleskin. The fabric is soft and snuggly, warm and durable. It also holds its shape very nicely.

65_s_os%20luxury%20moleskin.jpg

ptarmiganclothing.com

Moleskin, originally referring to the short, silky fur of a mole, is heavy cotton fabric. The word is also used for clothing made from this fabric. It is also used in adhesive pads stuck to the feet to prevent blisters.

Clothing made from moleskin is noted for its softness and durability. Some variants of the cloth are so densely-woven as to be windproof. Most manufacture of this cloth takes place in British mills. Noted clothiers who use a great deal of moleskin in their garments are Barbour and Lambourne.

wikipedia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm addicted to denim..i've tried almost every brand under the sun, yet I keep coming back to good old levi's. Call me crazy but its one of the few brands I've found that fit perfectly...I'm a size 2/4 with a bit of a bum! :innocent: and they always fit just right.

I own ONE pair of jeans-Papaya skinny jeans, that I bought for $7 on sale, and I was able to get them rolled so that they were cropped.

My problem is that I have a bigger hip size, but I have a 27" inseam and I can't afford to get any tailored, so I stick to capris and cropped pants.

I Love L.A. Denim and 575 Denim. They are nice fit my waist perfectly and they are still baggy enough for my style.

Thats a very nice thread and lot of comments so far :flower:

I dont know if its right to write in here, but des anyone have anything to say about Hudons? I want to buy a pair of bootcut triangle pocket Hudsons in wash, but have no idea if they`ll fit me :S (my waist is 63cm, hips 94cm, and I`m 1.68 cm height- I now I`m big but maybe those could fit me? )

Thanks in advance :smile: :flower:

i bought a pair of Miss Sixty Binky Trousers like a month ago, and i can't seem to stop wearing them ever since
i know many of you may be tired of skinnies, but they're super comfortable because they're made of lycra denim. they lived up to my expectations, defenetly worth recommending :flower:

I'm fairly short and skinny so I find it hard to get pants that fit right! Normally I just stick to kid's sizes. I bought two pairs of paige jeans and one pair of joe's (both petit size), but I can't seem to find any other designer jeans that fit right. Any suggestions?

I have jeans from Gap and Express that fit well and look good. Plus, they it my budget. Both compaies have that new sizing set up (tall, average, petite, curvy, straight.), which has been a huge help. They still don't fit perfectly, but it's MUCH better than some other jeans I've had in the past.

I'll wear a variety of styles...skinny, bootcut, flare, it all works. Right now I'm wearing skinny-ish boot cuts, which are super comfy AND stylish. Love 'em!

And I absolutely love wearing jeans...I work a lot in the same bland uniform, so any chance I get to wear my beloved jeans, I'll take it!

I love Joe Jeans and PDC.
the target skinnys fit really well for cheap jeans.

I got some white jeans...

They're distressed, but in the cool way...

I wont name designers because it's too traumatic.

Just a quick question:

I have read constantly around this forum that men try not to wear denim more than three time a week. Is there a certain age where I will be too old for denim?

(I hope not!!!)

I have Antik, Earnest Sewn, Seven For All Mankind, LA Denim and Citizens of Humanity but, out of all of those, I absolutely love my True Religion's! They're so comfy.

i'm a denim addict!
my first love has to be vintage mens 501s...they look so cool with super high patent heels, the perfect non-trendy offset to any outfit!! its hard to find the perfect amount of fading in just the right size (you want to find them kind of baggy but not falling off of you)
i have a pair of acne tubes, the highwaisted fit, that i wear to death and get lots of compliments on.
i used to wear the levis that they sold in urban outfitters, the ones that were only like 40 or 60 dollars, but i lost a lot of weight a while ago and they stopped fitting, i need to buy new ones.
i always wear miss sixty jeans too, in spite of the fact that the rise on all of their jeans is ridiculously low. their denim is so thick and they make you look great. i have a really fun pair of miss sixty skinnies that are divided up into panels on lycra with zippers on the sides...love those! also an acid orange pair thats super cool and two regular boyfriend fit jeans and a pair of the binky skinnies that are really cute.
superfine has awesome washes, i try them on all the time but they are really expensive..i have the silver pair though, and i looooooove those. i gotta say they run really big, sometimes i have to go down two sizes in them.
two days ago i bought a pair of raw nudies in the thinn finn fit...i'm wearing them now, i cannot wait to see how they turn out! the fit is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->