All About Your Jeans...

i'm a denim addict!
my first love has to be vintage mens 501s...they look so cool with super high patent heels, the perfect non-trendy offset to any outfit!! its hard to find the perfect amount of fading in just the right size (you want to find them kind of baggy but not falling off of you)
i have a pair of acne tubes, the highwaisted fit, that i wear to death and get lots of compliments on.
i used to wear the levis that they sold in urban outfitters, the ones that were only like 40 or 60 dollars, but i lost a lot of weight a while ago and they stopped fitting, i need to buy new ones.
i always wear miss sixty jeans too, in spite of the fact that the rise on all of their jeans is ridiculously low. their denim is so thick and they make you look great. i have a really fun pair of miss sixty skinnies that are divided up into panels on lycra with zippers on the sides...love those! also an acid orange pair thats super cool and two regular boyfriend fit jeans and a pair of the binky skinnies that are really cute.
superfine has awesome washes, i try them on all the time but they are really expensive..i have the silver pair though, and i looooooove those. i gotta say they run really big, sometimes i have to go down two sizes in them.
two days ago i bought a pair of raw nudies in the thinn finn fit...i'm wearing them now, i cannot wait to see how they turn out! the fit is great!

your enthusiasm for denim is quite inspiring. good luck with the nudies, and post pics!

Just a quick question:

I have read constantly around this forum that men try not to wear denim more than three time a week.

"Living a life wearing denim less than 3 days a week is not a life worth living."
-- Somebody really important

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe this question has been asked, but: has anyone got any really GOOD ideas about how to break in jeans? no need to reply with wear them or wash them......i know that obvious stuff. i hate the waiting period of stiff jeans that sometimes can go on for years! i don't want holes or scuffs, just wear, is there some ingenious thing you can put in the dryer to beat em down?? in case this question has been asked already, i'll tell you all something my friend said: when she was young they used to bury their jeans in their yards for a month. has anyone heard of this??? i dunno if i'm willing to risk it, even though all my jeans are cheap!

that seems kind of odd.. even raw denim becomes significantly softer after a couple of weeks, after some months of active wear they should be as soft as they get apart from the fabric actually wearing out and becoming slightly thinner. I guess in your case the denim used is just too heavy or stiff.

what goes for washing, a tumble dryer softens most fabrics a bit because of the heat. you can also use fabric conditioners, some of them are meant to make your laundry softer, I guess they'd work on denim as well.

Levi's jeans with 'round' pipes... onpicture?

I'm looking for an on-picture of this Levis jean!

I don't know the name of the jean but it looks like a (resized?) red tab? everything is blown up, the pockets, buttons, stitches...

I've also seen a jacket, skirt, boyjean and shirt.

feel free to comment by the way!

1zxjkx.jpg

I've made this snapshot from the dutch glamour

i hate the waiting period of stiff jeans that sometimes can go on for years! quote]

That's not possible. I owned a pair of raw japanese denim from PRPS and it felt like I was walking around with jeans made out of cardboard for the first two weeks. Then after a month, they felt a lot softer.

1 pair of diesels
5 pairs of Rock & Republic
1 pair of True Religion Johnnys (love straight leg jeans)
1 pair Habituals
1 pair Genetic Denim
1 pair of Lucky's
(these are the ones i actaully wear)
then
2 pairs of Abercrombie Jeans
5 pairs of Hollister Jeans
1 pair of Guess Jeans
(these I dont find very comfortable or flattering on me at all... but I do have a pair of Hollister Skinnys that look nice!)

I'm slightly a denim freak... I probably have more denim than atual shirts and tops (jk)

and I'm hoping one day I can afford a good pair of nudies and a nice pair of tsubi black skinnys! *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite new jeans are my grey Levi's skinnys... Simple, classic and cool.

raw blue APC Rescue :heart:
raw black H&M Sliq
grey Nobody tapered
Diesel Zathan 772 (hardly wear these though)

I want to add a pair of Levis. I like the 510 and 511 cuts.

My favorite new jeans are my grey Levi's skinnys... Simple, classic and cool.

Oooooh! I want a pair of these! a pair of grey levis
i saw some black skinnys at H&M yesterday and I really liked them but told myself I was there only for tops lol i have too many pants!

i've got a pair of dark red Julian Red jeans that are a fantastic fit but have no idea where to buy them in the US...I found these at Oak but they were on clearance. any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

lucky, Seven carries Julian Red jeans, although they appear to be sold out at the moment. :doh:

i'm really not that crazy for designer jeans but I do need the jeans to fit me perfectly. The perfect fit for me would have to be ACNE, LEVI'S, BDG...

I hate True Religion's, they have some of the ugliest jeans EVER!

Although I'm not crazy about the brand, my fornanina-jeans are amaaazing and has lasted for years now with heavy use :heart:

i wear my boyfriend's levi 501's more than he does.....

other then that, I have one pair of sevens, several cheapo ones I got from Taiwan for $3 each literally off the back of a truck (best fit, it's quite sad), and recently I've been buying Cheap Mondays and Rock & Republic jeans at sample sales....last sample sale I got 5 pairs of cheap mondays for $10 each. :P

I'm terrible at trying to find jeans but i found a great pair of sevens last summer in america and i loved them! However after only a few months of light wear, the denim wore away in certain places and made holes in my jeans. As you know they were expensive and i was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with sevens?

denim was seriously my huge obsession 2-3 years ago (I still love them now)
but not as much as back then when I had to buy every pair my eyes fell in love with.. :blush:

to this day I have roughly 47 pairs of designer jeans :ninja:
and this does not include my non-designer but still well fitting pairs (I have close to 25 or 30 of those) :blush:

with that being said I have acquired quite the hefty collection ... of course there is still many gaps that can be filled
...i'm still craving for tsubi, r&r, pdc, paige premium, skinny tr's, sass and bide and the ever present siwys) .......

My jeans list:

1. Acne Hex - Earth Colour (Black-Brown)
2. Julian Red Lady Hobokens in Shy Rinse (Dark blue - one wash)
3. Julian Red Lady Hobokens in Cots Tibetan (Red)
4. Club Monaco Straight Leg - White (...they were $30!)
5. Cheap Monday Raw Skinnies

I think that's it -- I seriously mowed through my denim collection and sold and gave away everything that fit me poorly, or whatever I didn't wear anymore. Having only a few pairs of jeans that fit me perfectly is so much nicer then having heaps of denim that I don't wear. Now I'm on the search for a pair of grey jeans...

- i love Jbrand they have perfect fit and stretches perfectly
- Citizens of Humanity
- Joes Jeans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->