All Black... All The Time!

I often wear all black. I like to wear different textures, wear black with embroidery or diamantes or lift black clothing with coloured accessories

I LOVE it when there's attention to textures, shapes, details and techniques.. that's when black works for me, and pitch black gets a few extra points of course. :heart:
..it gets on my nerves when people just wear black all the time to be safe or not to care about clothes at all. that's when it becomes so mundane and there's nothing elegant about it.. I guess I like it often but not regularly.. it has to be fresh and a little surprising for me. there are some very stylish people that can make it look stunning every day of the year but most people, especially young ones with outsider tendencies, they wear it as a uniform and you know it's usually black jeans and black random jacket/hoodie. I cannot stand that, it makes me want to torture them with hawaiian prints for a day. :ninja:

I love wearing all black...it makes me feel more creative. I know it might sound strange but I feel I notice the colors around me more when I wear black. I also feel like I'm being true to myself. I also wear a lot of black and dusty pink or black and grey.....

some of the greatest all black looks imo :heart:..
the sartorialist and elle.com

2005923788674947952_rs.jpg
2005931462690905328_rs.jpg

2005985281541079244_rs.jpg
2005958776305252180_rs.jpg

2005959902612807052_rs.jpg
2005916993834654108_rs.jpg

2005957254856071058_rs.jpg
2005923619001872606_rs.jpg

2005903247238721994_rs.jpg

sometimes it looks sexy, but i prefer to add a pop color. like a color scarf or belt

thats true ale...you are always in black...and you ALWAYS look fabulous :mohawk: :heart:

Black is one of those colors that can be interpreted in so many different ways. For some it's a dark, depressing shade; others, a moody, eclectic tone. Then there are some, like me, who find it mysterious and eye-catching. It's all in the eye of the beholder, as with anything.

I wear a lot of black, my wardrobe is filled with black clothes. But I always wear some kind of colorful necklace, badges and things like that. I feel really comfortable in black. It's a mood-thing I guess.

...I also like when men dress in black. :heart:

God, yes. :D

I find myself going for an all black look unconsciously, but I wonder if makes me look weighed down because I have long, thick black hair (which is quite unruly and sort of takes over). I do tend to add a bit of color for that reason, though. I have mixed feelings about it, some days I adore it, some days I think it's safe and boring. (Strangely, I never find it safe and boring on a man :blush:)
I guess it depends on my mood, because I am also drawn to very rich, bright colors sometimes. But more often than not, I love it. Colors can feel very wrong if I don't choose them properly according to my mood, but if I do decide on black I never feel "off" in it.
But when someone does it well, it's romantic and powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually find myself dressed all in black. I love the way it looks mysterious, and classy. Also colours just dont suit me.

I do admire people who can pull off all black, and often try. However, I think it's the kind of look that (if you care) should be comprised of good quality garments, in contrasting textures if 2 pieces, and the shape is really important. I guess you need to create a good silhouette for yourself.

i think it is sooo addictive. Everone ask me if I have other coulours besides black or white and excepts scarves and shoes I really don't (except some blue pieces)
it is slimming, looks mostly chic and works every time.
the only problem is black fades so quickly (esp the very expensive or real cheap ones) and then it looks bleeeeh

i love it! do it all the time and really makes you start paying more atttention to fabric weights and textures of all black stuff to make the outfit more interesting...the only downside to it is when you're sorting through your drawers looking for a particular item, and it's all black!:lol:

i often wear an all black outfit, but then i makesure my outfit is made of different fabrics, like today i wearing a black wrapdress, a black tanktop, black pantyhoses, and then black patent ballerinas.

great topic and great thoughts...
i agree about the texture and silhouette thing...

black shapes can be quite graphic, and so, elegant and chic....
mixing textures keeps it from getting too boring...

i vascillate between loving this and hating it..
once again, i think it is a 'mood' thing...

i actually prefer to wear all black when i am feeling quite happy or confident these days..

it also seems much more acceptable to do this in a city like paris or milano...
americans like colour a LOT...so when i am at home, sometimes i feel a bit self conscious about too much black...

sometimes i see other people doing it and they look fantastic...
but then i see others who look dreadful...
:ninja:
i don't think it's as easy to do this well as some people might think ...

:innocent:

*great examples posted adoref...:flower:

great topic and great thoughts...
i agree about the texture and silhouette thing...

black shapes can be quite graphic, and so, elegant and chic....
mixing textures keeps it from getting too boring...

i vascillate between loving this and hating it..
once again, i think it is a 'mood' thing...

i actually prefer to wear all black when i am feeling quite happy or confident these days..

it also seems much more acceptable to do this in a city like paris or milano...
americans like colour a LOT...so when i am at home, sometimes i feel a bit self conscious about too much black...

sometimes i see other people doing it and they look fantastic...
but then i see others who look dreadful...
:ninja:
i don't think it's as easy to do this well as some people might think ...

:innocent:

*great examples posted adoref...:flower:

Yes, all that patriotic color can be daunting! And constantly being asked if you're depressed and whatnot when in actuality, you're quite happily complacent in your parade of voluminous blk... :lol::heart:

A provocative look that encompasses nothing but blk. takes serious style to effectively execute. Blk. secretly waylaids one while color attacks, no invitation necessary. I love blk., it's such a mystery... a challenge. It vents such strength and anonymity. :blush:

A couple looks that personally resonate... :crush:

2000ae0.png
blackblackin4.jpg

dvblackdresswindwy2.jpg
foldscd0.png

TFS Givenchy Ads thread, TheSatorialist, Style.com

And from the magician of black... :wub:

yohjiyamamotoss05og1.jpg
yohjiyamamotosummer05hr4.jpg

Style.com

I've always liked it. But now that I am required to dress this way for work, it's actually kind of tough sometimes a little boring, even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloopybloop
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->