All Black... All The Time!

I am goth and most days I wear black simply because it expresses how I feel and I feel more comfortable in it. I don't wear it from head to toe, BTW. I also wear gray and other very dark, almost black, colors.

It's really a question on how it's done. On some people, all black can be gorgeus. On others, i tend to get the feeling that they can't give a damn to mix and match and therefore go all black cause it's the safest.

constantly being asked if you're depressed and whatnot when in actuality, you're quite happily complacent in your parade of voluminous blk... :lol::heart:

i was SO shocked the first time someone asked me this when i moved here (phila) from nyc!

i wear lots of black (esp in winter), don't know why, it just feels 'right' to me most of the time...

i agree 100% though that it's not as easy to pull off as it may appear... the worst is when one thing in the ensemble is not really black anymore, but perhaps once was 5,000 washes ago... :innocent:

I love it!

I've heard that washing your blacks with some blue-black hair dye will revive faded blacks. And, that it will also keep your blacks from fading any further...

Has anyone heard of this and does this work??

What do people think about make-up re: all black outfits.

I've found this a difficult hurdle in the past. With no make-up you can look pale and washed out, but with it (especially eye make-up) you run the risk of looking either goth or vampy! I suppose I normally opt for minimal make-up in quite earthy, neutral tones when I'm wearing all black.
What about you?

What I think about wearing all black? It fits in well with mysterious pyramids :rofl:

Picture: mine
IMGP4415.jpg

BTW, my make-up is only concealer, benetint and benefit georgia powder.

As you may see (or not :lol:) I like wearing all black. Not my most interesting combo, but it suited the occasion.

My favorite color. I've learned something new in here about mixing textures...thanks! Black is every color out there mixed together...every color has a different emotion. So when I wear black, I feel like I'm wearing everything...it's so basic yet so complicated...comlex simplicity...just like my personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time doing it, just because I'm tall and lanky and a solid black column looks even more emaciated (but I eat all the time, seriously!). I find myself using black as a really reliable color for outerwear, just because I can throw on some color underneath without it looking like I'm a giant, talking crayon.

I do have a tendency to rely upon black shoes, though (suede loafers, Chucks, Vans Authentic, and Puma Tatau Lo), which is something that I've really got to work on.

For people who can wear all black, there are great labels out there that know how to do black: Ann Demeulemeester, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Number(N)ine. And I absolutely j'adore what the Viridi-Anne folks pull out. So I am certainly jealous about people who get to pull that off.

What do people think about make-up re: all black outfits.

I've found this a difficult hurdle in the past. With no make-up you can look pale and washed out, but with it (especially eye make-up) you run the risk of looking either goth or vampy! I suppose I normally opt for minimal make-up in quite earthy, neutral tones when I'm wearing all black.
What about you?
I think black looks best with fresh skin, minimal makeup and rosy cheeks (to keep you from looking dead)

^ Agreed! Can't go wrong there.

The feel of the outfit makes a difference too though. I think pops of color with a juicy gloss for instance look nice with light summer all-blacks in simple silhouettes. If the silhouette is simple, the makeup can save it.

I'm in total agreement with the texture/silhouette sentiment. I think all black is much more interesting in unusual cuts.

is this a trick question?B)

Attachments

• black first.jpg
    black first.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 25
I can't recall ever doing it to be honest. IMHO I give off too harsh of a look, and if I go with all black it just amplifies it. I like to at least mix in a little brown or another earth tone, and I do like color.

I do enjoy seeing it on others though. Maybe not all the time so it becomes a uniform, but to each their own anyways.

I wear all black quite often as well, I just can't help it... I adore the shade! And black looks great on everyone, if it looks good, why not wear lots of it? Hahaha :smile: Although I do mix things up with different textures and details in my black clothing. Overall though I love wearing all black.

I do it all the time! It's good to contrast textures to keep things interesting. I like to wear, say, a mohair sweater with a slip skirt; a razor-sharp tailored shirt with something nubbly on the bottom (maybe tweeds?). I also think it's important to keep the cut small---- it's most flattering to keep your shape visible.

I think black looks best with fresh skin, minimal makeup and rosy cheeks (to keep you from looking dead)

For me (blush) NARS Lovejoy and Chanel Fantasia are my favorites while wearing all black - with dark eyeliner and nude lips; especially now since I just dyed my hair ink black.

Aquamarine
- you're very pretty!

My justification for wearing all black is it keeps me warmer in the winter :ninja:

But I could never do it all the time, only when I feel like it. I adore black but I think I love red more. I really prefer a palette of red, white, black, and grey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloopybloop
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->