All Black... All The Time!

I'm ok with it, as long as the black clothes are still the same shades of black and not an off grey because of it being washed a million times. Not that I've done that or anything :ninja: I also have black hair and I think it looks fine wearing all black.

I wear black 75 % of the time maybe with some grey or purple or dark blue thrown in but most of the time its all black.. but am i the only one who sometimes feel they get odd looks on the summer hot days ?? hahaha maybe its because my city loves their colour haha
Black is slimming on me and it makes me feel more confident.. i think its more clean and neat

all black is just fabulous, really works. I have blond hair and I think when I go head to toe in black it really works on me. You gotta be careful not to have any hint of another color in their though I think.

Example of how it can work so well

Lagerfield (sagafurs.com)

main.php

I spotted this girl a few weeks ago and couldn't help but take a picture.
I thought it was a good example of how to do all black in real life. Although her shoes are leopard print.. it looked stylish and luxe, but she probably didn't put much thought into it.

20sept.jpg

my picture

i love black and i frequently dress in all black. why? because i think black is timeless and it makes me look so thin! :smile:

I love black! When you wear all black it gives you the opportunity for the silhouette to pop rather than color. Although even just a basic black trouser and black t-shirt can look nice!
I love black<3

I spotted this girl a few weeks ago and couldn't help but take a picture.
I thought it was a good example of how to do all black in real life. Although her shoes are leopard print.. it looked stylish and luxe, but she probably didn't put much thought into it.

my picture

I quite like her :heart: My guess is she probably put thought into the individual purchases.

I guess it depends on what black items you're wearing more than the colour itself... can look a bit Gothic but also v stylish

I guess it depends on what black items you're wearing more than the colour itself... can look a bit Gothic but also v stylish

I agree, looking a bit gothic is always the danger so I do think the items have to be chosen with care.

anyone carrying a YSL bag def put some thought into their outfit...
but..i agree...it's a good chic little look...
i really really love the leopard shoes actuall;y
(it's something i am desperately craving at the moment!...)

thanks for sharing...:flower:

according to the susan sommers book on french chic, all black (or any neutral monochrome for that matter) would be very interesting if the textures are different.

seeing pics in this page, i couldnt agree more.....
*yum at leather-jeans and velvet-patent-fur combo*

I don't wear much black so wearing all black for me is a total no-no. I don't mind black in moderation (i.e one piece at a time,even if its my bag) but I'm too much of a rainbow girl ^_^

imo wearing all Black looks fantastic. Very smart

I tend to wear almost black...perhaps with the exception of a layered tee in white or gray. It looks great when different textures and proportions are introduced into the outfit as well.

Overall I think all black can look quite powerful and make a statement.

All black looks fine but I often see people wearing it who surely give a s**t about an elegant look. I think this is the biggest advantage of this colour. It gives a very clear silhouette (on daytime) and as the darkest colour it´s the most elegant too (under artificial light I would tend to wear dark blue). Imo there are too many clichés about black. It goes from "Black fits all and everyone" to "No matter how your figure is, black can be always the first choice". I like all black but not everyday. One colour can´t be enough to reflect ones mood.

Nothin' wrong with wearing black...it's just that I prefer more color in my life...^_^

Almost all my clothes are black. This color is so universal: you can wear it everywhere and you just can't look bad.

all black = chic

however because you are wearing one block neutral its easier for people to notice other aspects of your appearance such as hair/makeup/nails etc. therefore wearing all black requires effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->