American / United States Fashion Schools

well the thing is, i didnt apply to major in an art/design based major...

and the letter didnt really tell me what they didnt like about my application

but thanks alot though for taking your time to contribute to my thread

any more suggestions would be helpful

Parsons or Pratt

I've been accepted into both Parsons and Pratt and am having a tough time deciding. Which school has the better fashion design program and why? Which school has the better fashion design reputation and why? I've read through many posts and haven't seen anything that actually compares these two schools. There are pros and cons to both, just looking for other informed and constructive opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Parsons... so many famous designers have gone there.. .but then again.. you could be total crap and go to Parsons and be absolutely nothing. You need talent wherever you go. Now, I'm not saying you're not talented... but like I said.. if your'e a good designer, it really doesn't matter where you go. ... Parson's is a good school... it's just really expensive... :(

Oh, please do answer for me, too! I haven't heard from Parsons, yet. But I have been accepted to the graduate architecture program at Pratt. I know they have a great reputation, but I don't know too much about Parson's architecture program. If someone could give me information (and this doesn't have to be solely on architecture), that would be great.

Best Fashion schools within USA?

So...I'm about 16, been using the last two years crafting my drawing and the last few months crafting my sewing...so it's about time where I'm thinking about Colleges...

so in June I'm going to visit Parsons in NY, and are there any other schools within the US that will get me where I wanna go? I have my sights set on Louis Vuitton...:heart: here' a little something I can do...as far as I know I need to work on my light source and what not , but I can really use some feedback: ( sorry the scanner has not been nice to me, the camera had to do)

EPI.jpg

tell me what you think!:D

Thanks,

KHOI

Hi Khoipond!
If you go to NY in june to visit Parson's you should visit FIT too. Maybe there are some others fashion school in NY but i don't know them. Good luck in your search!

Thanks,

That's what I planned to do, since if I don't get into Parson, I would wanna go to FIT...

M.I.U. Miami international University of Art and Design

Know anything about this school ?

What are the best fashion schools in California?

When i researched in the Net, it claimed that American Intercontinental University and Academy or Arts in San Fransisco are the best fashion schools, but from what i hear from friends, i hear that Otis is good from around people. Also i heard that FIDM isnt that great. Seriously, whats up world? What are the best fashion schools in California that will also get you into an internship right after fashion college?

Last edited by a moderator:
So What Is The Best Fashion School?

http://www.fortherunway.com/
i've been doing some research on fashion schools and it is listed that FIT and PARSON is around the last thirty fashion schools. So, someone say something! Is American Intercontinental University in London really the best fashion school?

jeffrey0806 said:
otis college www.otis.edu
Parsons www.parsons.edu
fit www.fitnyc.edu

the thing with parsons and otis is that they would rather not see fashion sketches, they want to life drawing and work that doesn't relate to what you plan on majoring. life drawing, observational drawings are the most important thing in your portfolio. parsons requires you to also submit a home test in addition to your portfolio to get in.

in my portfolio that got me accepted to parsons and otis, i included some photography, 3d design, 2d design, life drawing and painting.

FIT is the only school of these three that would actually require you to do fashion sketches.

Are you sure Otis is the best fashion school In los angeles?

I am currently attending FIT on the last few weeks of my 2nd year. If you have any questions about dorming/application process or general questions just toss them my way. Unfortunately FMM is one of the majors I really don't know much about. Mostly the students I know from that major just say it's a lot of math for homework. I, myself am majoring in Fashion Illustration as a sub major of Illustration. I also workstudy in the Res Life office so if you have questions relating to that stuff.

Just a general note, you won't have to worry about the new dorms at FIT if you're an incoming freshman, you'll be at the old dorms across the street from the school. The new dorms are expected to open in the Fall to fit all the upper classmen but that's a very very optimistic deadline.

sosoDef said:
http://www.fortherunway.com/
i've been doing some research on fashion schools and it is listed that FIT and PARSON is around the last thirty fashion schools. So, someone say something! Is American Intercontinental University in London really the best fashion school?

I wrote about this school earlier in the thread! I was looking at it to study abroad at, but not for design. I'd like input on it too....:flower:

well so i made the decision. i think i'll attend FIDM for about two years and then go to parson or FIT in new york for the rest. how about it?

sosoDef said:
well so i made the decision. i think i'll attend FIDM for about two years and then go to parson or FIT in new york for the rest. how about it?

i think you're making a mistake, but until you get to fidm, and want to transfer out you'll see why.

save your self some money, if you want to transfer into those schools, go to a school whose credit do transfer(fidm credits don't transfer) like a community college.

San Francisco Academy of Art

Hi I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the online fashion program at the San Francisco Academy of Art or just the school in general!? Any opinions, thoughts, facts, etc would be great! Im currently in college studying journalism and wanted to kind of get ahead and study fashion while im still in school.

do you honestly think you can get a good education online for fashion design. fashion design usually consists of studio classes, how can you possibly get the same attention you get in person, as you would if you were to do it online. how would you know if you're doing the seams correctly for a garment or whatever if the teacher isn't physically there to correct you.

^ yeah i think its much better to have classes in the campus... you know.. to learn better.. imo!!!!! i think online classes would be better for less crafty carreers...... i hope i explained myself!!!

i have a question myself.... is the Miami University of Art and Design a good one? anyone who has attended there ? plz give me some info! tia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->