APC Jeans

Okay on the website they have "New Standard Jean" but they only have it in "overdyed black." I want to get the same pair of the raw indigo jeans in the pics posted above. The "Standard Jean," http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C000512197M is this the same thing? Do these just call the the different washes/colors "New Standard" while the plain indigo ones are simply "Standard"? This is just confusing because people are praising the New Standard Jean and I think that's what I want: the basic raw indigo that is supposed to mold to your body.

Also, If I wear a 30 in Paper Denim and in AGs (the size I always try on first/order blindly), I should be a 28 in APC?

Sorry to be a pain! But thanks in advance for the help! :blush:

Has anyone tried the denim recipes that come with the APC jeans? I want to try the one with the beach....

keys said:
Okay on the website they have "New Standard Jean" but they only have it in "overdyed black." I want to get the same pair of the raw indigo jeans in the pics posted above. The "Standard Jean," http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C000512197M is this the same thing? Do these just call the the different washes/colors "New Standard" while the plain indigo ones are simply "Standard"? This is just confusing because people are praising the New Standard Jean and I think that's what I want: the basic raw indigo that is supposed to mold to your body.

Also, If I wear a 30 in Paper Denim and in AGs (the size I always try on first/order blindly), I should be a 28 in APC?

Sorry to be a pain! But thanks in advance for the help! :blush:

That confused me a bit as well, but remember not evrything that a company makes goes on to the website for purchase. I ordered them by phone order. Just call and ask for the New Standards in Indigo. And yes, you are probably a 28/29. Remember they'll be very tight when you first try them on though :flower:

I want to do the beach treatment as well :heart: I'll wait until the end of next summer so that I have sufficient use on them and it's warm enough to go to the beach.

marcj said:
Has anyone tried the denim recipes that come with the APC jeans? I want to try the one with the beach....

what is the beach treatment?

my boyfriend just got a pair of APC's and one for me too, i still have to break mine in. he looks so good in them. yum. he refuses to wash them and wants to wear them in the ocean. is that the beach treatment? do tell!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ haha yeah... that sounds like it.. my APCs came with a recipe card for how to treat your jeans... and one of them was to wear them forever and not wash them... and then wear them in the ocean, rub them with sand, rinse them in regular water, and then let them dry out in the sun...

My jeans are well broken in now and I am a big fan!

marcj said:
I just bought my first pairs of APCs at Stel's in Boston.... i love them...

Whoa! Stel carries APC?

Well... looks like a little stop n shop will have to happen this weekend. I've been meaning to go to that store. I want to stop by Newbury Comics to buy the Keys to the Streets of Fear 45 rpm anyways and it's right by there.

Whoa something must be wrong with my eyes...Chinorlz when I saw your post I thought you were going to the store Streets of Fear to pick up a pair of 45 RPM jeans, i thought you had been converted to the dark side known as selvedge denim as well :lol:

^ Yeah, they have APC.... apparently only until recently did APC allow other vendors to sell their things... I like stels! but weird location.... next to condomworld.

strangely pertinant

Whoa,

believe it or not there are no Streets of Fear 45's at newbury Comics right now, but there are a bunch of the limited ones in Stel's. And as far as APC is concerned I have one pair that I washed twice, with a bucket of salted ice cubes in cold water. Sounds crazy, but I ride my bicycle in them every day and occasionally when they get soaked in the rain I toss them in the dryer to shrinkem back up a bit. Having washed them twice in a year they seem to still fit ok, but they've stretched and hang a little low, which leads to my showing my asscrack whenever I lean over into my amp or get a good stride on my bike. Elio has a pair from Stel's that he has never washed and the shine of sweat and beer is pretty badass, of course crawling around on concrete floors in puddles of beer while you rub your guitar against strange girls thighs will shine up any jeans. Still, I wish they would tighten up a hair more, feedback and beer not withstanding.

ok

i have to say. i am deeply impressed by the devotion here to caring and maintaining your APC jeans. unbelievable actually. there ha to be a name for this?

this is the best yet- "the shine of sweat and beer is pretty badass, of course crawling around on concrete floors in puddles of beer while you rub your guitar against strange girls thighs will shine up any jeans." a true jean lover! and perpetrator of the rock and roll lifestyle.

i still haven't unfolded mine. which may be taking devotion too far and maybe not devotion at all. but i like to treasure things before i even wear them...

I had my jeans thrown against a chair the other morning on the way to school, and there was a wet towel there too...they smell like honey gone rancid :( :cry:

And of course, being a devotee^^, I don't want to wash them just yet...should I just rinse them in water several times and let them dry in the sun?

this sucks :(

Arturo21 said:
I had my jeans thrown against a chair the other morning on the way to school, and there was a wet towel there too...they smell like honey gone rancid :( :cry:

And of course, being a devotee^^, I don't want to wash them just yet...should I just rinse them in water several times and let them dry in the sun?

this sucks :(

I heard that simply putting the jeans inside out in a ziplock bag with a bit of baking soda and putting it in the freezer for a day or two will get rid of the smell (same goes for when you've just worn them too often they start to smell). I haven't done it to mine yet, though...

Or you might try dry cleaning them in thedryer, inside out, with Dryel.

http://www.dryel.com/usa/index.shtml

I haven't done this with my APCs, although I DID do them with my raw denim Helmuts a few years back. So proceed with caution. But the dryer shouldn't shrink it if it isn't wet... I think.

Arturo21 said:
should I put the baking soda on the jeans?

Yeah, but make sure the jeans are inside out. You can just shake it off after.

OK,

I find just putting the jeans out to dry in the breeze kills most stink, but if you can't live without them I have to admit putting them in a bag in the freezer sounds genius. But if the smell is caused by some rancid bacteria that may not work. if you want to go to extremes nothing makes jeans look better and kills a smell better than cement, just a little bit of mortar mix will revolutionise jeans, it will ruin almost everything else, but that extra fine dust with just a touch of lime turns jeans into a whole other thing. I found this out at work in my 501's, they look killer after some cement mixing. Once you do it, they'll never go back to normal, but every jamoke on the streets is normal, so why not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->