Ashish S/S 10 London

Alejandro

& R.V
Reaction score
Show Report

Jessica Bumpus

19/09/2009

IT’S usually the sequins that that do it but this afternoon we were blinded at Ashish by the paps who were having a fashion field day with Michelle Williams, Paloma Faith, Roisin Murphy and VV Brown – who performed at the designer’s show last season – all sitting front row.

Once things had calmed down – and rather aptly – the designer took us on a sartorial sojourn; indicated somewhat from the outset by the invites which were all different and individual vintage postcards, and the show notes which came with their own “Win a once-in-a-lifetime cruise” cut-out coupon.

So, where did Ashish take us exactly? Well, sequin territory, of course, but this time guided through the wardrobe of an unexpected competition winner. So we saw all-sparkling versions of Hawaiian print shirts, “Bonjour”, “Life is a beach”-emblazoned tops and dresses, and those boasting the Eiffel Tower, the Mona Lisa as well as world maps.

But it wasn’t all plain sailing for this competition winner – distressed and bleach denim, and spikes – on shoulders and bumbags - were worked into the look, too, as well as huge golden wedges, black visors and wet-look hair.

We also saw the designer’s capsule collection inspired by Nike, Ashish Loves Nike, which featured sequin versions of the “Just do it” T-shirt.

00010big_320x480.jpg
00020big_320x480.jpg

00030big_320x480.jpg
00040big_320x480.jpg

00050big_320x480.jpg
00060big_320x480.jpg

all pix vogue.co.uk

not really feeling it to be honest. there seems to be a lack of originality that i usually get from him. this to me is like an obvious play on what de castelbajac and jeremy scott do.

this is just a hodgepodge of randomness. I feel like those Katherine Hamnett/House of Holland inspired shirts are so played out. I really hope people still aren't rocking that s**t next summer

not really feeling it to be honest. there seems to be a lack of originality that i usually get from him. this to me is like an obvious play on what de castelbajac and jeremy scott do.
you're right, it is extremely castelbajac! what yang du showed this season is too

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i like that mona lisa shirt....
but otherwise im not feeling alot of this collection

Designers should be able to play with the idea of popular culture, but that doesn't work if you have no real ideas of your own.

His rock/punk pieces always remind me of Alice Dellal, I can so see her donning the spiked jean jacket. \m/

The spikey fanny packs are horrid but I like all the other spikey stuff.

The Geography prints are kinda cool, but everything in here is pretty unoriginal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->